• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Correct me (UPDATE WITH RANGE REPORT AND PICS)

semperfi354

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
USA
myspace.com
I got my new base this weekend and it did the trick.....along with some good hand loads and a beautiful washington day, I zerod with no troubles in about 8-9rds then fired the following at 200yds.....
3457664145_4b0e0cc4ea_o.jpg
3457664179_51af836813_o.jpg

Re: Correct me if I am a dumbass but.....

I would think one end of the base would be thicker and easily noticable. Might try and compare rings also. Maybe the rings aren't the same exact height.

You say you were 4 foot low at first then dialed all the way down (bottomed out) now you are 4 inches low at 100 yards. Should you have dialed up instead of down?

ohh ok just checking the verbage. It does sound like the base is on wrong the thickest part of the base should to at the rear of the receiver just above the bolt handle. If this is correct then look at the bases and see if one is taller than the other.

the base is mounted correctly....The screw holes are far apart on the front of the rifle and close together on the back....it cant go on backwards. That being said, the fat part is at the back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semper Kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the base is mounted correctly....The screw holes are far apart on the front of the rifle and close together on the back....it cant go on backwards. That being said, the fat part is at the back. </div></div>

Yeah that sounds right. Very odd problem, maybe a 40moa base for you?

The base should be good to go then. Look at the rings next if they are the same height then I don't know, without some visual aids to help.

im confused too....the good news is that I was holding a little over 1/4 inch at 100yrds

I've been looking at that Bushnell 4200 like you have. Let me know how you like it after you get it setup and have some idea how good the adjustments are.

Did you bore sight the rifle after you but the scope on. I had a scope do the same thing. It was put on factory bases and after I put my EGW base on it worked alot better. I was also have issues with the power dial being real stiff from 6-8 power and could see the reticle try to rotate when the power went from 6-8. I think the bases was out of spec. and the scope was being flexed when pulled down tight with the rings.

Does the power ring move as freely as it did when you didn't have it mounted on the rifle. Also do you get a good sight picture from edge to edge in the scope with no burreinees.

The ring moves like it should and the sight picture is good. I am just going to get a much nicer base and give that a try. The scope is super clear and the paralax settings are dead on. Very nice scope.....as long as it is the base thats fucking up and not the scope.

if you can sandbag your rifle really well I would see if the scope will range correctly.
(target at 100 bag it not to move and start at the top or bottom of the target and start 1/4 clicking down to see if 4 "1/4" clicks will move the reticule a full one inch square. This will give you a good idea if the scope is still capable of functioning correctly so you can move on to base ring errors.

Maybe they drilled the holes to your base backwards at the factory. had the fat part facing the wrong way when they drilled it??

they might have given you a 30 moa instead of a 20 moa get some pics up so we can see
smile.gif

Just my 2 cents....but when I bought my first rifle, I was a real GREENHORN!!! I had trouble sighting in, and after looking the rifle over trying to figure things out......I had bought Burris Rings, and they sent me 2 different height rings from the factory. The dovetail front was a high and the rear ring was a medium..... I guess it was causal day in the QC department..... Just something to check. -Dan

Did you mount the scope wrong? IE is the elevation on the left side of the rifle as used and the windage on the top?

Just a thought.

The scope is mounted correctly (paralax on the left, elevation on the top and windage on the right.) Give me a little credit.

I had the same problem with a remington 700 PSS, weaver base and a super sniper scope.

Thought it might be the scope, but bought a new base. Upgraded to a Farrell one piece base. Problem solved.

Donnie at Big River Tactical had a decent price, and great customer service.

I had the same problem with the weaver bases as well. I had weaver bases and rings and was maxed out on windage and elevation. I ended up buying leopold dovetail bases and rings and it fixed it.

I would do few basic things to find problem:

- put the scope and ring off of the base
- loosen the rear two screws
- look if you can see light between action and base
- if YES, then bed rear part of your base

Another problem can be in the stock. When you torque the action to the stock and place for the action is not straight, then it can minimaly bend your action.

When I had SPS Tactical in original stock and scope base was bedded wrong (too soft bedding material) then every time I went to the range, shots were about 1" left and 3" low at 100m and the rifle was last time zeroed.

Just purchased an EGW 15moa base.....hopefully the factory fucked up the base that is on there and this will solve the problem.

Make sure you zero out your scope also.
v block the scope and spin. as soon as the adjustment are right you can spin the scope without the cross hairs moving off of the target

got the same rifle used leupold 1 piece base and high rings no problems make sure scope is zeroed