• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cost of LTR's?

Centerfire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2006
NC
What is going on here? I'm looking to get back into the long range game and a bit of re-loading and would like to pick up an LTR. When I sold my last rifle built up by R&D LTR's were six-seven hundred dollars, now I see used ones going for 800? What exactly happened? The economy? I'm a little shocked someone correct me if my memory serves me wrong? thanks guys.

Re: Cost of LTR's?

They have gone up-950 - 1000 around SE Va.

Like everything else, prices have gone up a bit and depending on the item, maybe more than it should.

All of the new one's I've seen have been between 950 and 1100 bucks. It seems that there are not as many used ones coming across the boards lately and when they do they rarely go for less than 800 dollars. I guess it may be like many other gun manufacutres and dealers may be having a hard time getting them which always seems to drive the prices up. I bought a new 700P in 2006 and paid 685 for it and now they are close to 900 new! I don't know if this new president has been good or bad for gun and ammo manufactures but they sure seem to be selling a lot more od their products at much higher prices!

I'm a little shocked at the price of them too. Thank God I bought mine 4-5 yrs ago, and if I remember correctly I paid $700 for the .308 NIB. Had a trigger job put on it so I have $750 in mine. I can't find one around here (central Arkansas)for less than $1000 new. According to my dealer, they are getting much harder to find/order and he is the biggest dealer in the state. Good luck

I'm thinking of selling mine. It has a macmillion stock and a super sniper scope. I think I have 1200 into it. That is good to know that the base price of the rifle has gone up that much since I got it.

When i started looking again this past year i was a bit taken by the prices. I'd been out of the long gun game for several years (well about 8 anyway) and couldn't believe how the prices had gone up from around 2000 to 2008. Sure the prices go up from time to time but my god, look at the pricing on the 700P/PSS also. I shopped around and got one local for $850 which was still more than I wanted to give. I was going to buy my wife a new LTR but just bought a SPS-T .308 instead and have a McMillan stock ordered for it. It will serve her well.

But yeah, your right. What the hell happened?

OK, enough, I'm out.

Aren't LTR discontinued? I think it's been somewhat replaced by 700 SPS Tactical, and the new XCR Tactical. Maybe that's why the demand shot up.

the bottom line reason is supply and demand the self induced histaria that everyone has now for losing there rights have put people into a buying frenzy its evident int every price point of shooting from firearms to ammunition. the shooting industry has exploded because of this its not how long ur gonna have somthing on the shelf now its can't get them as fast as were sellin them situation. in the end we have all been the cause of this over inflation of price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr15match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are still listed by Remington and doesn't seem to be any shortage. </div></div>

They are still listed in Remington's 2008 Tactical Catalog, which can still be found on-line. However, if you look at Remington's 2009 Tactical Catalog offerings:

Remington Tactical Products

New for 2009
Model 870™ Express Tactical
Model 700™ Tactical Target
---------------------------
Model 870™ TAC Desert Recon
Model 700™ VTR™
Model 700™ XCR™ Compact
Model 700 XCR Tactical LR
Model 870
Model 1100
Tactical Ammunition
Tactical Knives

I do not see the LTR's. That said, Remington is notorious for making special runs for Large Distributors, and not cataloging those offerings. The now famous 5R series in 300 WM, 308 and 223 was and is a "special run" for a large Remington distributor/dealer. I do not think they were ever in Remington "catalog" that I can find.

The LTR in 2009 may be the same kind of deal. It would not surprise me in the least...

Bob