• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Costco & Innovel Solutions

Thanks Mate! We're ecstatic! Big game changer again for us. Life is good.😉
Just got home and grabbed a drink from the top draw and realized ours is Electrolux, not Westinghouse.
IMG20200630210705.jpg

Your place is looking a lot different since our visit, well done mate. I just came across a free supply of 6" x 1" pine boards, feel like dropping by to help me line our 70ft x 20ft shed??? Might need to bring the rest of your crew???

Oh dang, those food pics just did me in.

I have to send you a halibut recipe from a cookbook I have had 20 yrs and just tried in the last 3 months.

Glad it arrived.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Only thing I miss about my brief stint in SW Oregon is access to fresh halibut.

Got a different LG earlier this year. All good so far except you can't open any of the drawers w/o opening both doors.

• Wow
I believe Mrs Jimmy is the wisdom prevailing over his redneck ways and such an arrangement.

Otherwise we would see a bigger porch covering with a couch and an old fridge out there stocked with Budweisers.
And White Claw for when Jimmy is feeling fat.... 🤣🤣

You better be doing this with the old one!

The only reason to get a new fridge is to blow up the old one!!

Sirhr

LMAO! I'd love to do that before hauling it off to the dump, but I only got a 2.5 pounder left. I know, I know, you can get more Larry. But I ain't going to war with COMNAVHOUSEPAC over a Tannerite purchase. My wings have been clipped and just to make sure 'that' message is clear, I'm reminded of it at a staggering rate........... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Barneybdb
Just got home and grabbed a drink from the top draw and realized ours is Electrolux, not Westinghouse.
View attachment 7363000
Your place is looking a lot different since our visit, well done mate. I just came across a free supply of 6" x 1" pine boards, feel like dropping by to help me line our 70ft x 20ft shed??? Might need to bring the rest of your crew???

We'd love to swing by and help you knock out your project!! Haven't been down under since the 80's. I love Australia Mate!! One of my favorite places I've been actually. You and Pam are living proof of just how great ya'll are!! :giggle:

I have to send you a halibut recipe from a cookbook I have had 20 yrs and just tried in the last 3 months.

Glad it arrived.

SEND IT!!! I look forward to it Brother!! This very simple way I do Halibut is kinda all about the fish, since it's so damn good in our opinion. Lotta people prefer either Sturgeon or Cod, or even Sea Bass over it, but not us. I've been hooked on it since we Commercial Fished them in the late 60's, early 70's.

HOT pan of Olive Oil, Salt n Peppa (push it), couple Garlic Cloves ran through the Garlic Press, and Lemon. Quick hot sear on both sides, then pop it in a 350 degree Oven for around 5 minutes. WHAMMO!!!!!

The Filet Mignon's are very close to the same since it's all about them, but instead of Olive Oil I use Avocado Oil and a dab of Butter in a hot pan. Get your Oil n Butter smoking hot, add a bit of pressed Garlic and Rosemary, sear the heck outta them, then pop them in the 350 Oven as well for a couple minutes. Works every time and both melt in your mouth!

Still in seventh heaven.................

Only thing I miss about my brief stint in SW Oregon is access to fresh halibut.

Got a different LG earlier this year. All good so far except you can't open any of the drawers w/o opening both doors.

I gotta have fresh Sea Food at all costs Brother. I know you gotta miss the hell outta it. I feel sorry for the people who are allergic. lol No I don't. Just more for us. :LOL:

Can't open drawer's without opening the doors? A lesser man could make a funny outta this, but not me, nope, ain't gonna do it. :cool: Anyhow, that doesn't make any sense, does it? Did you know this when you bought it?

Congratulations on the great new fridge Larry.
hopefully you'll get several decades of good use out of it.

Thank You Brother!!!! We're looking forward to it serving us well. The thing is a Monster !!! We've never had one of these before in our life's. Always wanted to, and now we do. The old one looks like a mini fridge next to it. The Mrs. said last night, "we need a bigger house". 😂 o_O Uhm, no. How bout I just tear the crap outta your Kitchen. :LOL:

Im with ya. LOVE some halibut. No complaints about the others either....

Blackened Halibut
About a pound of fish (not crazy thick, 1.5” max I have found)
1 Tbsp crushed bayleaf
1 Tbsp crushed thyme
1 Tbsp oregano (either works, totally different flavors)
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tap salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

Coat fish with blend of spices on both sides. Sear in a smokin hot dry pan (do outside on burner if possible, from my experience)
Blacken both sides well, then transfer to a second pan on medium heat with a little butter and cook till desired color/doneness.

Great with asparagus and fresh salad. 😁

• Love
Reactions: 1J04
Goats got some kinda rash going on. Really hard to look at. Just visualize a Goat with Monkey Butt, and try not to touch yourself......... 😂
What happens when you find out a monkey butt gets your goat?
I love the way you think Stud!! Change order going in, in 3, 2, 1........... :love:
You better clear that with the general contractor first 😉

• Haha
You are OAF. You have the same omni directional antenna as Saclee Rhino. LOL. You still haven't answered the question we are all wondering. Did you ever get a freaking goat?

LMFAO CQ CQ CQDX, CQ CQ CQDX Over!

See post #168. Wait, wut? 168? Like 168 VLD Hunting BTHP?!! It's an OMEN!!!!! Yes, yes Sir, may I have another 500 ct Brick of 168's? Yes, yes you can Lawrence! 🤪

Im with ya. LOVE some halibut. No complaints about the others either....

Blackened Halibut
About a pound of fish (not crazy thick, 1.5” max I have found)
1 Tbsp crushed bayleaf
1 Tbsp crushed thyme
1 Tbsp oregano (either works, totally different flavors)
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tap salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

Coat fish with blend of spices on both sides. Sear in a smokin hot dry pan (do outside on burner if possible, from my experience)
Blacken both sides well, then transfer to a second pan on medium heat with a little butter and cook till desired color/doneness.

Great with asparagus and fresh salad. 😁

I've done something very similar to this with a number of White Fishes. We like the bite of Cayenne fo sho. And I'm all in on searing outside, hence finishing off the Pole Building like an apartment. Gotta oven out there and will be building a kitchenette just for these kinds of things, along with canning and the like. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It hits all the flavors we love. The White Pepper is a nice touch. We use it from time to time, but not nearly enough. THIS is a good excuse! 😋

What happens when you find out a monkey butt gets your goat?

You better clear that with the general contractor first 😉

I have no good answer for this. And I'm struggling whether or not this is appreciated or not....................🥳

I gotta have fresh Sea Food at all costs Brother. I know you gotta miss the hell outta it. I feel sorry for the people who are allergic. lol No I don't. Just more for us. :LOL:

Can't open drawer's without opening the doors? A lesser man could make a funny outta this, but not me, nope, ain't gonna do it. :cool: Anyhow, that doesn't make any sense, does it? Did you know this when you bought it?

Love seafood and halibut is favorite fish.

No, didn't know about drawers before buying. Friend who also has one pointed out to me. Two regular drawers and one shallow, full-width drawer below. Can open enough to get something in/out at front of drawers but not fully open.

Not the OP here but the one that first suggested getting a goat out of the deal.

You're still working as a land man one of my land owners wanted a goat out of the deal. I thought he was kidding at first until a few conversations later... What about my goat? Well the short of it... I put him in contact with somebody that can give him a goat.

So fast forward several years. I'm working for a company that makes big trade show exhibits, corporate signage and Interiors. My job was procurement, product research and testing in contract negotiations with our vendors.

So it looks like it's coming time up to renew a contract and I'm finding we're being way overcharged for some of our components... that s*** don't fly with me unless there is some beneficial reason for overpaying...

After a couple of phone calls, I get the meeting with the sales manager. It was a very good meeting, went line item by line item and got things corrected price wise. At the end of the meeting she asked " what else can we do for you? Anything else you need work on language for the language?" Oh, yeah had to rewrite some of the language in the contract ... it was crap.

So of course I pulled back from my file of things to ask for remember about the gentleman with the goat... So I told her that's what I wanted... the look on her face was priceless. So a brief discussion on yes I do want the goat. A response, alive or dead? I told her it didn't matter.

Of course she wants to know why I want the goat. So I explained it to her and pretty simple terms. 99% of our guys working in the shop that actually built our product were Hispanic. These guys are there every day, rarely ask for sick leave, or willing to help anybody if that shop do anything. Management didn't seem to really care, the owner of the company was a little man with a Napoleon complex.... everybody was scared of him. Quick example... He would yell at people, buried them in front of other workers, fire them in front of people.

So, to show my appreciation for all the work these people did I wanted to provide them a dinner. Especially since this dick company owner didn't want to provide at Thanksgiving dinner... after making him personally many millions of dollars.

Well, after explaining my position and I wasn't going to f****** budge, " I'll get back to you, let me see what I can do". Well, she did in addition to a couple other people higher up in her company. Took them a little bit to understand that I was serious, yes I want to fucking goat.

What I didn't realize is that the goat may have been considered a bribe. This is what it took the longest to figure out how to work with. When douchebag owner got wind of this he wasn't happy. He came to talk to me and indicated his issue... nobody's going to outshine me especially you".

Not too long later I was expelled from the company. And rightfully so I've Been Told. Unrelated to the goat, I made my director look bad, our division Foreman what bad, my immediate supervisor oh, the owner of the company and his assistant. I knew it was coming and didn't really give a f*** at that point.

When the vendor got wind of this oh, they made it happen. They did a customer appreciation day, got the goat, I think through in burgers and hotdogs,... guess who took the credit.

The good thing is that I had a good relationship with everybody that worked in the warehouse. I got several calls from different guys in the back and the HR Manager. Was told that the owner did not receive the thanks / appreciation he wanted.

So, that's my goat story.

Don't mean to hijack, just wanted to explain the why

Love seafood and halibut is favorite fish.

No, didn't know about drawers before buying. Friend who also has one pointed out to me. Two regular drawers and one shallow, full-width drawer below. Can open enough to get something in/out at front of drawers but not fully open.

I'm 100% in agreement with you. Halibut has always been 1st on my White Fish list. Dorado/Mahi Mahi is easily my 2nd. Just something about it's flavor and texture that pleases my palette. Picked up the taste for Dolphin, or whatever you wanna call it depending on region, when I was stationed in Key West. The retired Chief I used to fish with every weekend out in the gulf stream had a commercial license. HUGE Win Win. Home Pak for our consumption, and money for the kitty to pay for the Ballyhoo, Gas, and Tackle.

When I was stationed in Japan, and later living there when I got out, we'd go to Tsukiji and pick up some fillets. It was, for Japan, cheaper than hell. It was considered damn near Cat Food over there. Was good with that! 😋

That damn Door/Drawer issue has got to be a tad maddening. Are we considering correcting this in the near future? I just wanna live vicariously through your shipping adventure Brother! :giggle:

So now we know the whole story.

Mrs. 1J: honey why did you buy a new fridge
1J: Just for the Halibut dear.

I knew they dropped it off the dock. Did they promise a new tray Karen er 1J. :)

• Love
I'm 100% in agreement with you. Halibut has always been 1st on my White Fish list. Dorado/Mahi Mahi is easily my 2nd. Just something about it's flavor and texture that pleases my palette. Picked up the taste for Dolphin, or whatever you wanna call it depending on region, when I was stationed in Key West. The retired Chief I used to fish with every weekend out in the gulf stream had a commercial license. HUGE Win Win. Home Pak for our consumption, and money for the kitty to pay for the Ballyhoo, Gas, and Tackle.

When I was stationed in Japan, and later living there when I got out, we'd go to Tsukiji and pick up some fillets. It was, for Japan, cheaper than hell. It was considered damn near Cat Food over there. Was good with that! 😋

That damn Door/Drawer issue has got to be a tad maddening. Are we considering correcting this in the near future? I just wanna live vicariously through your shipping adventure Brother! :giggle:

Halibut is second best to sturgeon. Some of the best white fish I think.
Just wish you could still fish the damn things and keep your 5-10 a year.

Not the OP here but the one that first suggested getting a goat out of the deal.

You're still working as a land man one of my land owners wanted a goat out of the deal. I thought he was kidding at first until a few conversations later... What about my goat? Well the short of it... I put him in contact with somebody that can give him a goat.

So fast forward several years. I'm working for a company that makes big trade show exhibits, corporate signage and Interiors. My job was procurement, product research and testing in contract negotiations with our vendors.

So it looks like it's coming time up to renew a contract and I'm finding we're being way overcharged for some of our components... that s*** don't fly with me unless there is some beneficial reason for overpaying...

After a couple of phone calls, I get the meeting with the sales manager. It was a very good meeting, went line item by line item and got things corrected price wise. At the end of the meeting she asked " what else can we do for you? Anything else you need work on language for the language?" Oh, yeah had to rewrite some of the language in the contract ... it was crap.

So of course I pulled back from my file of things to ask for remember about the gentleman with the goat... So I told her that's what I wanted... the look on her face was priceless. So a brief discussion on yes I do want the goat. A response, alive or dead? I told her it didn't matter.

Of course she wants to know why I want the goat. So I explained it to her and pretty simple terms. 99% of our guys working in the shop that actually built our product were Hispanic. These guys are there every day, rarely ask for sick leave, or willing to help anybody if that shop do anything. Management didn't seem to really care, the owner of the company was a little man with a Napoleon complex.... everybody was scared of him. Quick example... He would yell at people, buried them in front of other workers, fire them in front of people.

So, to show my appreciation for all the work these people did I wanted to provide them a dinner. Especially since this dick company owner didn't want to provide at Thanksgiving dinner... after making him personally many millions of dollars.

Well, after explaining my position and I wasn't going to f****** budge, " I'll get back to you, let me see what I can do". Well, she did in addition to a couple other people higher up in her company. Took them a little bit to understand that I was serious, yes I want to fucking goat.

What I didn't realize is that the goat may have been considered a bribe. This is what it took the longest to figure out how to work with. When douchebag owner got wind of this he wasn't happy. He came to talk to me and indicated his issue... nobody's going to outshine me especially you".

Not too long later I was expelled from the company. And rightfully so I've Been Told. Unrelated to the goat, I made my director look bad, our division Foreman what bad, my immediate supervisor oh, the owner of the company and his assistant. I knew it was coming and didn't really give a f*** at that point.

When the vendor got wind of this oh, they made it happen. They did a customer appreciation day, got the goat, I think through in burgers and hotdogs,... guess who took the credit.

The good thing is that I had a good relationship with everybody that worked in the warehouse. I got several calls from different guys in the back and the HR Manager. Was told that the owner did not receive the thanks / appreciation he wanted.

So, that's my goat story.

Don't mean to hijack, just wanted to explain the why

Epic!!! Great story Brother! Except of course the "yes I want to fucking goat" part. Just say'n cuz we got some confirmed Goat afficionado's in our midst. You know, guys that REALLY REALLY like Goats. :LOL:

Okay, Okay I'll play cuz I'm feeling a bit Chatty Kathy today. So here's a Goat Story from the long long ago.

Haven't told this one for a while, so here goes. Back in the mid to late 70's my Father lived in Modesto and had a hunting lease on a Horseshoe shaped island out in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta for Duck and Geese Hunting. We had a couple docks, a boat house, decoy shack, cook shack, and a couple bunk houses on there. It was a great place to hang out and knock the hell outta waterfowl.

My Father was one of the original 3,000 volunteer Merrill's Marauders who went through hell in Burma, then he made MSG as he was later sent to Korea where he got his left leg shot off above the knee. Due to all the brush and stickers n berry bushed growing all over the damn island year to year he got tired of all the maintenance and came up with a great idea. GET SOME GOATS !!!

So here we all go one day. Dad, Mr Riley, one of Mr Riley's sons, and I in two 12ft skiffs we'd pull into our floating blinds with and hunt out of. Except today we have 2 people in each skiff and 3 hogtied Goats for the 30 minute ride to P-Qak, or Horseshoe Island. If that wasn't the trip from hell. Pro Tip: Goats don't like being hogtied, placed on skiffs, and whisked away to Epstein's Love Island!

So we get the sum bitches to the dock, gettem unloaded and unbound and gag them. Off they go, like ducks on water right up the ramp and start checking out their new digs. Right off the bat they start nibbling away on everything in sight. Bingo, just as planned. Then it starts.

We're not there an hour before the butting starts. Now mind you, Dads gotta bit of a balance issue going on with his prosthesis, so just ambling around uneven ground was a real bear for him, now add these damn Goats butting the shit outta him. Before nightfall my Father, Mr Riley, his kid and I had sticks, boards, rakes, shovels, you name it, leaned against stuff all over the place to beat these bastards like the terrible shits they were.

I honestly believe those damn Goats loved the attention. We'd beat them about their heads n shoulders with anything we could get our hands on, yet they kept coming back for more.

We finally get the hell outta there and come back a couple weeks later to do some maintenance on Deeks n Blinds n stuff. Who meets us at the Dock? The farging Goats. But now they've shit all over the docks and the island on and around the part we inhabit. Nobody is laughing nor happy. And then the constant butting. Here we go some more. Dad is LIVID. They finally end up knocking him over and he's now THAT GUY. My Father could scare the hell outta Satan with his mean mugging stare, but not the Goats. They didn't give a shit who this guy was and what he was capable of. BIG MISTAKE. He grabbed his .357 and was literally going to lay waste to these disrespectful degenerates. But Mr Riley stopped him, barley.

So Mr Riley comes up with the next best idea. Let's transport the Goats to the other end of the island and let them go there. It'll take'm forever to eat their way back over here where we operate. So here we go. Catch the fucking Goats, which turned into WWE on steroids with lots of foul language. Goats are strong sumbitches and I'm telling you, a headlock on a fucking Goat is like a handshake to them.

So we begin Goat Fest II by tackling these bastards and hogtying them up again for transport. We drag their happy kicking asses down the ramp, to the dock, and into the skiff. Okay, who's going? We're gonna have to make a couple trips so better just be 3 of us and 1 Goat, as any good Rodeo would have. So it's Dad, Mr Riley, and me. Immediately the shit hits the fan and we set sail for greener pastures. And Dads got the equalizer on his hip and I'm afraid he's gonna use it and put a hole in the Goat and Boat.

We get the 1st one to the other side, jump off into knee high water, toss the Goat overboard, cut off it's restraints and off it goes. Cool. 2nd trip didn't go so smooth. Goat slipped one of it's leg restraints on the ferry ride over and the fun begins. We were probably 20 yards from the bank when Dad had enough and jettisoned said Goat over the side, almost flipping the skiff. I'll be go to hell on two levels. One, Dad didn't just shoot the fucker right then and there, and two, that crazy son of a bitch made it to land and off it went. 3rd Goat was uneventful. Houdini himself woulda been proud at the level of BDSM type knottery that went into it's incapacitation.

So Goat Fuck Fest II is complete and life is once again good. We sweep all the shit off the docks n brows and clean up around the shacks n bunk houses. Fast forward a couple weeks. We're coming into the island and the dock on this side is in view. My Dad, "those son of a bitches are back"! Uh oh, this isn't gonna be pretty. Dad had an anger problem, BIG TIME, and now the Goats have got his Goat. Colossal mistake are their part. They should have taken the hint, but no, they're Goats and are literally hard headed to a fault.

I can tell you I've never seen a Goat hit so hard with a very good 2x4 right between the ears and not so much as stumble. But I have seen what a point blank shot outta a .357 is capable of doing, times 3. 😂

I got hooked on halibut when I lived in Alaska. My favorite was beer battered and deep fried, or grilled and stuffed with fresh crab. Fresh seafood is a luxury most people don’t ever truly know until they live on the ocean.

So now we know the whole story.

Mrs. 1J: honey why did you buy a new fridge
1J: Just for the Halibut dear.

I knew they dropped it off the dock. Did they promise a new tray Karen er 1J. :)

Yessir Brother. We're having one sent hopefully 'pronto'! Just for the Halibut lmfao. :LOL:

Halibut is second best to sturgeon. Some of the best white fish I think.
Just wish you could still fish the damn things and keep your 5-10 a year.

I'm burnt out on the Sturgeon Moose. I've been burnt out on it for YEARS now. I don't miss it at all. I'd probably still eat a piece of smoked Sturgeon if it's done to my liking, but I really can't get another piece past my nose. Weird.

I got hooked on halibut when I lived in Alaska. My favorite was beer battered and deep fried, or grilled and stuffed with fresh crab. Fresh seafood is a luxury most people don’t ever truly know until they live on the ocean.

You're not wrong Brother. And hey! BTW. Guess what showed up yesterday while they were unloading "The Beast"? The M1 goodness!!!! Thank you again for going outta your way on that. You know I appreciate the hell outta it Stud!!!!(y)

I'm burnt out on the Sturgeon Moose. I've been burnt out on it for YEARS now. I don't miss it at all. I'd probably still eat a piece of smoked Sturgeon if it's done to my liking, but I really can't get another piece past my nose. Weird.
Not a Sturgeon fan either. Their mouths/lips remind me too much of Norm Rice........

Was into Halibut for a long time, but as prices have hit astronomical levels, I've taken to Cod. I think I like it better than Halibut.

I am the same way with salmon. Never fished for it but always had it in my freezer and now I’m burnt out in it. Unless it’s good smoked salmon.

• Love
Not a Sturgeon fan either. Their mouths/lips remind me too much of Norm Rice........

Was into Halibut for a long time, but as prices have hit astronomical levels, I've taken to Cod. I think I like it better than Halibut.
For the money I don’t think cod can be beat.
Been looking at booking a charter trip out of Westport for cod and rock fish.

Guess I misspoke. Left upper drawer does open all the way w/ just left door open. Although all the way is only 8". Right drawer stopped by left door flap at 6" so guess it's not as bad as I thought. Figure yours might be same set up as most of the LGs I looked at had same.

And that's all I'll say about that!

• Haha
Pan seared sushi grade ahi is on the top of my list lately. Local organic butcher shop keeps some in stock and it is amazing. Egg white washed and covered in sesame seeds. About 45 seconds on each side in a hot cast iron skillet.

I hear you Kevin. Halibut prices are running $18-21 US American Dollars per lb., which sounds good compared to the $30-$35 bucks a lb it was going for. You can get a much better deal of course if you buy them in the round and cut them up yourself. A buddy of mine, who now is my neighbor, was just given 5 chicken buts by one of his good friends who happens to be a Commercial guy, so he tossed us a nice slab. I'll have to hook him up with a Bottle none the less. Even though he was given it I gotta make it good for him because it was amazing!

Cod, Rock fish, Sea Bass, Cabazon, Yelloweye, Porgies, Perch, all that flakey white fish is awesome. Long Beach Peninsula for Porgies off the beach, and the South Jetty for everything else. Except the South Jetty is perilous as hell because it's on the Oregon side of the mouth of the mighty Columbia. It's a short fishery before things get dicey in there amongst the Rocks and Surf.

Last edited:
Guess I misspoke. Left upper drawer does open all the way w/ just left door open. Although all the way is only 8". Right drawer stopped by left door flap at 6" so guess it's not as bad as I thought. Figure yours might be same set up as most of the LGs I looked at had same.

And that's all I'll say about that!

lmao Challenge accepted. I'll getta little vid of how this things operates just to grind your gears. 😂

Last edited:
Pan seared sushi grade ahi is on the top of my list lately. Local organic butcher shop keeps some in stock and it is amazing. Egg white washed and covered in sesame seeds. About 45 seconds on each side in a hot cast iron skillet.

Brother, I was in Japan for 6 yrs. 3 on the Midway, 3 more on the economy in Tokyo after I got out working with my Wife for the Labor Minister of Japan. I ended up working for one of his personal secretaries that went his own way opening a trading company with the Congressman's blessing. We used to fly Big Eye outta Hawaii and Blue Fin outta the East Coast (ME/MA) and straight to Tsukiji Market. We tried to do Yellow Fin, but it became problematic and the quality was well below acceptable by the time it hit the market due to transit time to mother ship and lack of refrigeration in the regions we were attempting. There is NOTHING in this world like FRESH high grade Big Eye or Blue Fin Tuna. If it's not gonna be Sushi or Sashimi, then the only other way I like it is quickly seared. I hate fully cooked Tuna. I still cringe at Tuna Casserole, which I don't eat, ever.

Glad it arrived.

Pics had me salivating also!

Not sure how many others enjoyed that celebratory dinner but I am thinking that they just may ensure all future deliveries are duly delayed from here on out - if that kind of grub is the result!