• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Cougar Hunting Pics

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Well i have had a yearning to see some pics of some big cats. a few years ago i went guided cougar hunting in idaho in sawtooth bitteroot wilderness. great country but the wolves had killed off so much game i didn't get a big male cougar. in fact of 10days hunting i only saw the one young female. We hiked at least 15miles a day in the snow, it was ridiculously hard work and i am in good shape. I got some good pics of the one we treed but thats it.

it was really cool to be only 20ft away from a cougar in the wild but also kinda freaky because it was obviously not happy about it.

when my daughter gets older i am for sure going to take her.

IMGP0654.jpg

IMGP0653.jpg

Re: Cougar Hunting Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    scan0013-1.jpg

Called in and shot with a .220 swift.</div></div>

You Montana/Wyoming guys always have the best pics...

Few I've gathered from some hound forums.
    2hqgwuu.jpg

2ecg8rk.jpg

000_0009.jpg

Couple vid's and pix from my Lion earlier this year.

Very nice pics guys. It would be amazing to be that close to such an icon of the west.

Tip - weren't you worried that it might jump your dogs when they had it cornered like that?

Very nice pics ! Lions are another one on my list...

lion007.jpg

Got this tom in Idaho in 2004. For anybody who thinks it looks easy, trust me, its the most physical hunt you will ever do, but fun as hell. I have some live pics somehwere, will post them if I can find them.