• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

Re: Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long live bertrillium!
Long live zantitium!
Long live Counter Sniper Optics!

THEY WILL NEVER DIE!!! </div></div>

Well they're killing everybody else with laughter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long live bertrillium!
Long live zantitium!
Long live Counter Sniper Optics!

THEY WILL NEVER DIE!!! </div></div>
You forgot the masturbatium...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raven88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up one of these scopes at the tulsa gun show for 450 (didn't want to spend 1200-1400) and put it on a dpms 7.62. I have 50-60 rounds through the rifle. 5 shot groups are avg under an inch. Given the rifle has a stock trigger I would expect better groups in the near future. I am not impressed by the optics as I also own a couple less expensive scopes and they seem to be as clear/bright as the CS. I don't think I will be buying another.... cause at least in the optics department the old saying "you get what you pay for" is probably true. </div></div>

As far as quality goes.. what would you rate it up against? Bushnell, Zeiss, Meopta??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juanjo322</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As far as quality goes.. what would you rate it up against? Bushnell, Zeiss, Meopta?? </div></div>

None of these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juanjo322</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As far as quality goes.. what would you rate it up against? Bushnell, Zeiss, Meopta?? </div></div>

A turd....would be my comparison, maybe some one had eaten some dental floss and it made the perfect reticle, that would be my comparison. </div></div>

Yeah I figured it be such.. , I certainly didn't see myself paying 450.00 for these.. I have to say that from what I read and the feedback it has received it probably stacks up right next to BARSKA SWAT! LOL

-Juanjo

haha so I put a reticle on a reticle...priceless

What happened to the guy who was going to shoot one like they did in myth busters with fmj and at a larger distance?

Still want to see pics of that...

I didn't think this thread would go this long.

Hopefully it never goes away so that we have a link whenever someone gullible is about to throw money away on this crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in b4 404
</div></div>

I wasn't going to post in this thread until I saw this... fuckin hilarious! I love it!

I looked through one of these hunks of junk and it isnt evem close to the leapers 3x9 bug buster I have on a 22 rifle .
500 bucks for a paper weight . how can these people sellikng them sleep at night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man you have way too much time on your hands </div></div>

NO KIDDING...but it was still pretty funny!

I was at the range a few months back and there was a guy who had a countersniper mounted on top of a new savage he had just bought. I walked over there to check it out and played stupid and asked what kind of scope it was. He told me that he found a great deal on it for around 550 dollars and that the the guy he bought it from said he was getting a great deal because the military snipers use them and they usually run about $2500. He then went on to say that he was thinking about buying a few more for his other rifles since he was getting them so "cheap". It took everything i had not to laugh in his face,but i bit my tongue and laughed half the way home.

I've yet to see a Countersniper scope on anything, and I'm not likely to. We have a bi-modal distribution of optics users here; those that buy the very best they can afford, or not afford and buy anyway, and those who look at you like you asked them if they wanted a fried weasel sandwich if you suggest spending more than $150.00 on a scope. Sadly, the Countersniper is priced much too high for the <span style="font-style: italic">VAST</span> majority of shooters in my area. Barskas and NcStars rule the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the range a few months back and there was a guy who had a countersniper mounted on top of a new savage he had just bought. I walked over there to check it out and played stupid and asked what kind of scope it was. He told me that he found a great deal on it for around 550 dollars and that the the guy he bought it from said he was getting a great deal because the military snipers use them and they usually run about $2500. He then went on to say that he was thinking about buying a few more for his other rifles since he was getting them so "cheap". It took everything i had not to laugh in his face,but i bit my tongue and laughed half the way home. </div></div>

It bums me out when I encounter people like this. I'm always torn as to whether I should try to introduce them to reality, or just let them enjoy their generally harmless cluelessnes(ignorance is bliss and all that). It usually depends on the vibe you get from the individual, but more often than not, I just keep my mouth shut, nod, grin and go about my business. Past attempts to introduce reality haven't generally gone all that well, so some just have to learn the hard way...if they ever learn at all.

A deal too good to be true, usually is.

Threadheatsmyballs-1.jpg

ILya Koshkin told me there is a review of these shit optics in Gun World magazine, I guess they are hoping a lie repeated enough becomes true.

And they have now added a "non-light reducing polarization type function" to their optics (as per their product info section) which reduces glare without reducing light transmission, proving - yet again - that Einstein was wrong.

I am seeing these pop up, never on a knowledgeable shooter's rifle, always a noob's or mall ninja's. Sad that consumers are so stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the range a few months back and there was a guy who had a countersniper mounted on top of a new savage he had just bought. I walked over there to check it out and played stupid and asked what kind of scope it was. He told me that he found a great deal on it for around 550 dollars and that the the guy he bought it from said he was getting a great deal because the military snipers use them and they usually run about $2500. He then went on to say that he was thinking about buying a few more for his other rifles since he was getting them so "cheap". It took everything i had not to laugh in his face,but i bit my tongue and laughed half the way home. </div></div>

It bums me out when I encounter people like this. I'm always torn as to whether I should try to introduce them to reality, or just let them enjoy their generally harmless cluelessnes(ignorance is bliss and all that). It usually depends on the vibe you get from the individual, but more often than not, I just keep my mouth shut, nod, grin and go about my business. Past attempts to introduce reality haven't generally gone all that well, so some just have to learn the hard way...if they ever learn at all.

</div></div>

On one of my rare trips to a public range,met a Self Appointed "Range Master" decked out in full camo complete with a "High and Tight" haircut ragging on a friend about his "Commie IOR POS" and touting the Superiority of his "USA Made" Millett Tactical.Can't tell some people anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the range a few months back and there was a guy who had a countersniper mounted on top of a new savage he had just bought...</div></div>

It bums me out when I encounter people like this...</div></div>

It don't let it bum me out, or I'd end up eating a bullet. Try watching a couple of clueless "shooters" with an AK-47 variant that has a NcStar mounted on it trying to get it on paper at 50 yards...and are unable to do so, even after 50 some odd rounds fired. My only concern is my safety and that of the other "shooters" even though most of them are performing some similiar clusterfuck function at their bench.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magnumdood</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dimar1492</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the range a few months back and there was a guy who had a countersniper mounted on top of a new savage he had just bought...</div></div>

It bums me out when I encounter people like this...</div></div>

It don't let it bum me out, or I'd end up eating a bullet. Try watching a couple of clueless "shooters" with an AK-47 variant that has a NcStar mounted on it trying to get it on paper at 50 yards...and are unable to do so, even after 50 some odd rounds fired. My only concern is my safety and that of the other "shooters" even though most of them are performing some similiar clusterfuck function at their bench. </div></div>

I should clarify - it only bums me out if the person seems like a genuinely decent sort, but is just woefully misinformed or ignorant. In most cases I'm all too happy to leave the know-it-all imbecilles to the joys of their tacticool junk.

This thread is better than stand-up comedy!
laugh.gif

Some guys will always believe you can do good things with cheap sh*t.... This is clearly the market CounterSniper targets - the unbelievably stupid.
9685d1248145973-funny-pictures-thread-.jpg

Counter sniper scopes. The beauty of their range while you range reticle is you are guaranteed to not miss when you miss.

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can I lock it and just have it go away? </div></div>

Actually. I have the manual instructions to use the TDRM reticle included in this thread. It's very hard to find and is valuable information for people with CS scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guns & Ammo can't be wrong.

CounterScopeGA.jpg
</div></div>

To put a scope like that on a rifle like that is just wrong...

Mike @ CST

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bVW5-F242Yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can I lock it and just have it go away? </div></div>

Actually. I have the manual instructions to use the TDRM reticle included in this thread. It's very hard to find and is valuable information for people with CS scopes. </div></div>

You are such a public servant
laugh.gif

Did the US government really buy these? I've shot a friends...terrible product, glass sucks.

He told me that the sales guy at the gs he bought it from said it was better than a NF or comparable to a USO for half the price. $600 for that POS! Poor bastard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can I lock it and just have it go away? </div></div>

NO !!!!! These Threads are like Kryptonite,you cannot kill them or bury them for good,better to leave this one as it's "Half Life" is losing potency,then we can just refer Newbs with stupid questions about the Famous Counter Sniper right here and not waste time repeating ourselves.
laugh.gif

I still remembering seeing a guy with a CS mounted on a trg 338 lapua. He was messing with the knobs like hell because it couldn't hold zero. Said he paid 4k for the rifle and 800? for the "surplus military scope".

I don't want to bump this up, but I might have shit my pants a little for reading this whole thread in the past 20 minutes. I haven't laughed this hard from reading on the Internet in a long time. Fuck that is some funny shit, and I have one that is slightly used with slight ring marks for sale in the optics section. I will trade for um never mind it's mine. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoatJockey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't want to bump this up, but I might have shit my pants a little for reading this whole thread in the past 20 minutes. I haven't laughed this hard from reading on the Internet in a long time. Fuck that is some funny shit, and I have one that is slightly used with slight ring marks for sale in the optics section. I will trade for um never mind it's mine. LOL </div></div>

Since you are not a NEWB here,please tell me this was a purchase decision in the days before you joined SH ?
confused.gif

I have one on my deployed dept rifle...

I just have to hold 3 ft to the left... and 4 foot up... its DEAD ON except for every 5 rounds it shifts in 4inch increments.

Just joking... their crap!

Matt

Legend threads will never die.

I saw these in a catalog once and thought they were pretty busy, but the double reticle is ridiculous. Just say NO to drugs and Countersniper scopes. $100 Simmons works better.

HA!
Just came across this thread using Search...
I just got this rag gun supply catalog in the mail today and I was thumbing through it...

I look at this "Counter Sniper" scope. First, the name gets me...WTF? I'm thinking it's gotta be some POS plastic scope for Airsoft. It does "look" tacticool...

Then I see the price...Wow, I sez... a thousand bucks? There must be something to it...BUT, why have I never heard of them?

So I came here, figuring I'd get the scoop. Boy, did I!

I see plenty of counter sniper scopes/ accessories in US Cav stores right outside post here...... They keep trying to market it off as something fit for military duty. I was like... seriously guys....AND SOLDIERS BUY THEM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Threadheatsmyballs-1.jpg

</div></div>

Fucking hilarious!!

Chiller, <span style="font-weight: bold">please</span> kill this thread. It's like a dose of the clap that won't go away

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fucking hilarious!!

Chiller, <span style="font-weight: bold">please</span> kill this thread. It's like a dose of the clap that won't go away</div></div>

Why kill the thread when you can easily stop posting replies instead?

This thread offers cheap entertainment. Therefore, it should be moved to <span style="font-weight: bold">Maggie's Drawers Bar & Grill</span>, hence that sub-forum being for <span style="font-style: italic">Tall tales from the bottom of a glass</span>. Anything marketed by Counter Sniper is certainly a <span style="font-style: italic">tall tale</span>.

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag here but I figure this has gone on long enough...
So I am on the phone with Gary at Sportsman's Guide ordering some Wolf 308 ammo for my long range tactical rifle and asked him why they are still selling these countersniper scopes, what with the bad wrap they have gotten on forums such as snipers hide - and that's when he let me in on your little secret.
He said that these are limited quantity government overruns, produced for only our most elite military snipers. He made it a point to emphasize 'limited quantity'...
"Now", he said, "if you had a possible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own such a fine optic for such a low price - less than 1/5 of retail in fact - would you want everyone else jumping in on the deal so quick as to deplete the stock before you have an opportunity to buy your second one? Because that's what you're going to want to do after you have your first one."
He went on to say "how many products have you pyurchased based on great reviews only to be disappointed when you actually got it?"
He had a point.
"Well what you are reading on those forums about these scopes is nothing more than reverse psychology."
"I'd be willing to bet that anyone that has had anything bad to write about the Counter Sniper scope probably already has two of them"
"You know how I know this?", he said. "It's because half of the people that have purchased one from me has purchased a second one within a month or two".
"In fact, I'm down to my lst two right now-no wait a minute. Make that my last one! Sheila is boxing the other one up as I speak!"
So needless to say I'm on to this sniper's hide members' scheme to keep these scopes to yourselves and am thrilled t say that ANOTHER SNIPER'S HIDE MEMBER JUST ORDERED THE LAST COUNTERSNIPER SCOPE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC!
An honest review to follow shortly...

So I was at SHOT and had already gone to all the booths I need to go to. While I was meandering around, I saw the Countersniper booth and decided I need a good chuckle. I went over there and start talking to this guy who started going on and on about how fantastic these scopes are and how they're limited government contract overruns, blah, blah, blah.

I first asked him how these compared to to S&B, Premier and Hensoldt's tactical scopes. He said they were BETTER in every way. I should have won an Oscar because instead of ROTFLMAO, I just looked at him and said "Wow, that's impressive."

So I look through one and commented that the eyebox was very limited at full magnification. He looked at me like I was a three-headed alien.

I then asked him about the double reticle and he said it was for having two aim points....one for zero and one for say 300 yards or whatever you wanted. I then asked him if that was case, how do you adjust the secondary reticle?? He looked at me, this time, like I was a four-headed alien.

I started rotating the knobs, all the way up and all the way down (like six or so full turns). I asked him if these scopes had zero stop (knowing full well that they didn't)...he hesitated about five seconds and then blurted out "Yes". I was going to ask him to set the zero stop for me but I had go and take a shower because the countersniper booth was just filled to the brim with BULLSHIT.

I have WAY more respect for Barska ("Barfska") and NCStar....and that's sayin' something!

This should be a sticky if not a required thread for newbies to read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I was at SHOT and had already gone to all the booths I need to go to. While I was meandering around, I saw the Countersniper booth and decided I need a good chuckle. I went over there and start talking to this guy who started going on and on about how fantastic these scopes are and how they're limited government contract overruns, blah, blah, blah.

I first asked him how these compared to to S&B, Premier and Hensoldt's tactical scopes. He said they were BETTER in every way. I should have won an Oscar because instead of ROTFLMAO, I just looked at him and said "Wow, that's impressive."

So I look through one and commented that the eyebox was very limited at full magnification. He looked at me like I was a three-headed alien
I then asked him about the double reticle and he said it was for having two aim points....one for zero and one for say 300 yards or whatever you wanted. I then asked him if that was case, how do you adjust the secondary reticle?? He looked at me, this time, like I was a four-headed alien.

I started rotating the knobs, all the way up and all the way down (like six or so full turns). I asked him if these scopes had zero stop (knowing full well that they didn't)...he hesitated about five seconds and then blurted out "Yes". I was going to ask him to set the zero stop for me but I had go and take a shower because the countersniper booth was just filled to the brim with BULLSHIT.

I have WAY more respect for Barska ("Barfska") and NCStar....and that's sayin' something! </div></div>

HAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA that made my day bud thank u veryyyyy much LMAO holy balls that was comical HAHAHAHHA