• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
All tests were run with a Counter Sniper 3x12x50mm mounted on a Remington SPS tactical in a bedded McM A5 stock.

Intial Impressions:
Terrible construction- locking knobs on turrets dont sit flush and are a cheap plastic, magnification ring is loose and tight when adjusting magnification(not a consistent amount of force required to turn), illumination knob is terrible, feels like it will fall out at any time

Scope features: elevation and windage knobs are in 1/8 MOA increments not sure why, clicks were to close together and knobs were mushy. Glass was at best decent. It was ok on the 3x but as magnification went higher it got hazey. Illuminated reticle has 10 different brightness settings, couldnt notice a difference in any of the settings. Ocular eye focus piece doesnt do shit, it turns for looks.

Scope durability: Held up to 308 recoil as it should. But failed miserably at a 12-15 foot drop test. The elevation knob sheared off when it hit, it was dropped on grass. After the drop test the magnification ring no longer does anything, after the drop test the reticle seemed to have gotten canted.

Before the drop test it was put through a box test. It failed miserably and failed to return to zero. The mildots dont look evenly spaced by any means like a high quality optic should. I am not saying this is a high quality optic by any means

here are the results of the box test:
Well im back from running the Counter Sniper through its paces. It failed the box test miserably. Since i was only working with a 24x16ish piece of paper i decided on a 3 MOA each direction.

From the zero these are the inches from the middle group. All of these were shot out of a lead sled vice that the range officer had. Keep in mind 3 MOA on the turrets is 24 clicks

From initial group measured .237 after .308 was subtracted center to center

3 MOA on knobs up: measured 6.25 inches from center group, dialed 3 MOA back down .5 inches below initial group.

3 MOA on knobs down from starting zero measured 4.8 inches below intial group, dialed 3 MOA back up to see return to zero .2 inches high

3 MOA right from intial group measured 3.7 inches from intial group. Dialed back to intial zero, this is the only one that returned to zero.

3 MOA left from intial group, measured right at 5 inches from initial zero. Tried to return to zero, no dice it was 1.3 inches right of intial group.

All of these groups were shot at 100 yds.

Company info, i emailed them and asked some specific questions such as what the Bertillium Zantitium bullshit was, why the clicks were in 1/8 MOA, where in the US their scopes were produced, what glass they used and where it was outsourced from. They sent me an email back that they had basically copy and pasted the informative spill that is on their website, i emailed them back and asked for answers to my specific questions and havent gotten a response since. So my opinion is stay away from Counter Sniper or any Dark Ops products. They are cheap, poorly built, lack of customer service, and flat out lies for advertising.

Re: Counter Sniper scopes Review/Test

But "Counter Sniper" implies you are hunting snipers with it, meaning it is for above average snipers/sniping. Could it be you do not know what you are talking about??
laugh.gif
wink.gif

could be, but i know a little about hunting the 2 legged turban wearing animals through a S&B scoped M40A3

Good post! Thanks for taking the time, spending the money to do the review and sacrificing your treasured Airsoft/BB gun scope.

The Hide is now done with Counter Sniper threads.

GC

the crossman air rifle looks naked now. But i have something special in mind that i will video the final blow to this and then post it on here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAX100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Hide is now done with Counter Sniper threads. </div></div>
frown.gif

the final blow is going to be pretty epic and historical as well. Think Carlos Hathcock and the VC sniper that he wacked. Maybe once it takes its final blow ill send it back and see if they will replace it

come on bro you know you love it and want it on all your rifles. trying revese phsyc so you can have them all is just selfish.

You get what you pay for. A fancy variable with all the bells & whistles for $500 HAS to be a piece of crap. On the other hand you can buy a pretty decent FIXED power scope for $500. One wonders how the USMC got along for all those years with 8X Unertls and 10X Unertls?????
"fools and their money are soon parted"

My rule: $800 rifle, $2000 scope!

tikka22250.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the final blow is going to be pretty epic and historical as well. Think Carlos Hathcock and the VC sniper that he wacked. Maybe once it takes its final blow ill send it back and see if they will replace it </div></div>

you will have no problem in getting it replaced or a refund if you want it, call them and talk to Carol or Julia, you can also talk to Frank Miller the owner if you ask to speak with him. i have talked to all three of them and another fellow whose name i do not recall, (Bill ?) he sent me a data sheet explaining how to use the TDRM reticle, quite a unique reticle.

i dont want it replaced, i would rather shoot through the lenses and video it, but i think that this thread has proven that they are shitty optics and money would be better spent else where

If you dont shoot through it, they will refund your money, they did mine anyway. Who knows if your shoot through yours, mabye it will become one they use for their ads!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the final blow is going to be pretty epic and historical as well. Think Carlos Hathcock and the VC sniper that he wacked. Maybe once it takes its final blow ill send it back and see if they will replace it </div></div>

you will have no problem in getting it replaced or a refund if you want it, call them and talk to Carol or Julia, you can also talk to Frank Miller the owner if you ask to speak with him. i have talked to all three of them and another fellow whose name i do not recall, (Bill ?) he sent me a data sheet explaining how to use the TDRM reticle, quite a unique reticle. </div></div>
Hey Pete does your breath always smell like shit from the dedicated amount of counter sniper crap you must eat from the Frank Miller fraud master?

What!? Wait, wait. You guys are saying Counter Sniper scopes are cheap? No way. My whole world just got screwed up. Who knew?......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These CS threads are epic! </div></div>

Your telling me! I sure am glad I read this thread. Now I know to stay clear from counter sniper scope. Good thing too, I almost made a big mistake and ordered one. Now Im glad I got me a good high quality Barska SWAT scope now! Thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stungib</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These CS threads are epic! </div></div>

Your telling me! I sure am glad I read this thread. Now I know to stay clear from counter sniper scope. Good thing too, I almost made a big mistake and ordered one. Now Im glad I got me a good high quality Barska SWAT scope now! Thanks guys! </div></div>
We can save the Barska scopes for later, my father in law can not figure out a single bit of difference between his Barska and my Eotech.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
broke3.jpg

WTF, are you taking pictures of the CS nude? </div></div>
No that was him taking the photos of his wife nude for the hot girlfriends thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the final blow is going to be pretty epic and historical as well. Think Carlos Hathcock and the VC sniper that he wacked. Maybe once it takes its final blow ill send it back and see if they will replace it </div></div>

you will have no problem in getting it replaced or a refund if you want it, call them and talk to Carol or Julia, you can also talk to Frank Miller the owner if you ask to speak with him. i have talked to all three of them and another fellow whose name i do not recall, (Bill ?) he sent me a data sheet explaining how to use the TDRM reticle, quite a unique reticle. </div></div>

Coleman_wtf.gif

Piston Pete, Please don't talk with your mouth full of CounterSniper Scope's turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
broke3.jpg

WTF, are you taking pictures of the CS nude? </div></div>

grin.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont want it replaced, i would rather shoot through the lenses and video it, but i think that this thread has proven that they are shitty optics and money would be better spent else where </div></div>
Just remember that the not-quite-scientific enough "Myth Busters" couldn't get full penetration through all the lenses even after they decided to use the most likely same-type scope.

I think it was because of what I call the penetration paradox--too much energy as in from shooting too close = LESS because the bullet breaks up.

Shoot it with an FMJ from the appropriate distance, please.

Gleefully anticipating your report and pics!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Piston Pete said:
Hey Pete does your breath always smell like shit from the dedicated amount of counter sniper crap you must eat from the Frank Miller fraud master? </div></div>

why the name calling and personal attacks, i thought this site had grown men and not a bunch of second grade delinquents.., i really do pity some of you folks here who can not discuss a topic without the vicious attacks usually found on sites like (CENSORED)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Piston Pete said:
Piston Pete, Please don't talk with your mouth full of CounterSniper Scope's balls. </div></div>

does your daddy know you are using his computer to spew hate and language fit for your 3rd grade class ?

Pete dont get your panties all in a wad, its the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete dont get your panties all in a wad, its the internet.</div></div>

The site has rules against personal attacks for a reason. For some of you if the shoe was on the other foot you would see things different. No one needs to rub his face in it. After all he does own around $2000 worth of CS scopes.

GC

Damn it! see what you guys have done? you guys got The Troll involved in a thread he had no business being involved in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Piston Pete said:
Piston Pete, Please don't talk with your mouth full of CounterSniper Scope's balls. </div></div>

does your daddy know you are using his computer to spew hate and language fit for your 3rd grade class ? </div></div>

Piston Pete, you have 23 posts on this website forum. of the 23 posts 19 of them are in praise and promotion of the "Dark Ops" "Contract Overun", CounterSniper Scope. (you own 5 of them), (You know everyone at company headquarters by name and you have talked to them). <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">19 of a total of 23 of your posts are pimping these scopes</span></span>

I think you have earned my remark.

BTW, it was joke remark unless they are now making scopes with balls.

I'll change the remark.

<span style="font-weight: bold">(USMCj)</span> You have already caused one of my threads to be closed because of your Troll attacks. Keep it up and I will report it.

GC

listen guys, im not trying to get this thread locked i did this to have the reference there when the next new guy asks "Are Counter Sniper Scopes any good?" please dont get this locked as it will be a helpful point out to let the new guys read when they ask that silly question. Max if you are still upset about the FM and Falcon Menace thread why dont you pm USMCj and talk it through in PMs please

deadly0311, sorry I didnt mean to crap on your thread. Its just that when ever a troll oppertunity comes up, MAX100 is there to fill the position. I have yet to see a single useful post from him and I doubt I ever will.

I did some research and it turns out the real name for these scopes is;
"Counter-productive sniper scope"
Now that explains a lot...
smile.gif

you will have no problem in getting it replaced or a refund if you want it, call them and talk to Carol or Julia, you can also talk to Frank Miller the owner if you ask to speak with him. <span style="font-weight: bold">i have talked to all three of them and another fellow whose name i do not recall, (Bill ?) <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">he sent me a data sheet explaining how to use the TDRM reticle,</span></span> quite a unique reticle.</span> </div></div>

TDRM.jpg

Piston Pete, I challenge you to describe how to use this Tactical Distance Ranging Mildot Double Impact Reticle. Also please post a copy of Dark Ops/CounterSniper Scope's TDRM reticle use instructions. Shouldn't you alread have that info if you bought 5 CounterSnipers and not had to call them for it? Let me guess they didn't include the TDRM instuctions with their tactical scope 5 times in a row.

We're waiting...

that looks like the most cluster fucked reticle i have ever seen, i too would love to know how that thing works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....H O L L Y W O O D............... </div></div>

I called Billy Zane and asked him about the TDMRDI reticle. He prefers the blue one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USMCj MAX100 is there to fill the position. I have yet to see a single useful post from him and I doubt I ever will.</div></div>

Keep it up. I have a whole thread of your post that was nothing but Troll attacks.

Here is a Review I did on the New Choate Tactical A5 stock and posted on the Hide. Have many others I can provide.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1185718#Post1185718

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....H O L L Y W O O D............... </div></div>

I called Billy Zane and asked him about the TDMRDI reticle. He prefers the blue one. </div></div>

HA!!!!! classic

I just got a copy of the TRMDR whatever reticle instructions they are in .pdf form. I just emailed the document to Boltripper since I have to run. Maybe someone can post it on here.

That reicle looks like a scenen from "Tron"
smile.gif
Also found out that the only way to kill a counter sniper scope is with extreme-shock ammo...
tron_movie_image__3_.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">deadly0311, sorry I didnt mean to crap on your thread. Its just that when ever a troll oppertunity comes up, MAX100 is there to fill the position. I have yet to see a single useful post from him and I doubt I ever will. </div></div>

Hey no worries USMCj just tryin to save some stress when the next new guy asks if CS scopes are any good. We can direct them to this thread imediately

for close knife throwing you use the top set of mildots, for longer range you use the lower set, geeees read the directions will ya.