• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

IMG_0834.jpeg

ARC backyard, now

Last edited:
I got 2.5 months to go lol right long action .588 lapua

Ordered my chassis. Xlr Magnesium. 20-25 weeks to go lol

Plenty of time to wait here. It'll be a nice Christmas present :)

Where's the actions? I guess those pallets are being pre-staged?
I ordered the same thing and have the same thinking.

• Wow
Reactions: Caldeio
I highly suggest the new MDT metal 223 mags. They’re also easy to mod to 2.5+ coal. Perfect fit and feed with the Xylo chassis.

May I ask what you mean by the "new" mdt metal magazine? The one that is currently listed on their site? How do you mod it to accept longer rounds. I have one and I cant figure this out, it's not like the front can be "clipped" to open it up like the metal accurate-mag one can.

May I ask what you mean by the "new" mdt metal magazine? The one that is currently listed on their site? How do you mod it to accept longer rounds. I have one and I cant figure this out, it's not like the front can be "clipped" to open it up like the metal accurate-mag one can.
These are the “newish” MDT. I think they were released late 2021. They have updated the feed lip.

If you zoom on the picture you’ll understand, same idea as the accurate magazine, you remove the floor plate and then you have the 2 plastic inserts clamshelled, then mill/deemed/file the front (see picture) to get your 2.535in coal.

Attachments

• B0A92CA1-B15B-4F2D-9D5F-7D56801E13B1.jpeg
    B0A92CA1-B15B-4F2D-9D5F-7D56801E13B1.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: msgriff
I've been too busy to properly follow this thread, so I need to ask: is there any reputable vendor offering Bartline profits for Coup De Grace?

If you're getting a Bartlien who did you order from?

These are the “newish” MDT. I think they were released late 2021. They have updated the feed lip.

If you zoom on the picture you’ll understand, same idea as the accurate magazine, you remove the floor plate and then you have the 2 plastic inserts clamshelled, then mill/deemed/file the front (see picture) to get your 2.535in coal.

do you completely remove the "wings" in the front? or do you just "groove" them and make them thinner?

I've been too busy to properly follow this thread, so I need to ask: is there any reputable vendor offering Bartline profits for Coup De Grace?

If you're getting a Bartlien who did you order from?
You know, I have been following this thread but I think that is the first time it’s been asked. I wonder if Bartlein would chamber a barrel for this? I’ve never spoken to @Frank Green, but may have to try it in a bit. A LH GT for a 300 Norma would be just the ticket. Use the money I saved on the LA to get exactly what I want instead of settling.

Thank you for the impetus. 👍🏻

Reactions: diverdon
If no one else is doing it, and Frank Green is not interested, then I'll call Chad at LRI and ask him to do it. He did a great job with the barrel on my Mausingfield. 260 Rem. And it shipped to me on the day promised.

Manzella Precision will be mapping both my CDG actions checking for variation. I know all the nuc g2, archimedes, mausingfield are all supposed to be same tenon. However Manzella archimedes barrel that was hand fit to the action would only make up about half a thread to my nuc gen2. I guess this is why they're all designed to a class, as there is obviously variation from action to action. I've been highly impressed with his work, he's cut me 6gt barrels for a tl3, archimedes and an origin and all have headspace within 0.0005, he's cutting me a 4th on a bat bumblebee for a hunting rifle, we will see if he can keep em all that close. He's had the archimedes and bat in his shop to measure, however the tl3/origin were not. I bet he will get it right. Everything is cut to go +002, new brass grows 004, and they all shoot great.

You know, I have been following this thread but I think that is the first time it’s been asked. I wonder if Bartlein would chamber a barrel for this? I’ve never spoken to @Frank Green, but may have to try it in a bit. A LH GT for a 300 Norma would be just the ticket. Use the money I saved on the LA to get exactly what I want instead of settling.

Thank you for the impetus. 👍🏻
I spoke to Bartlein about getting a barrel chambered for the CDG. They were willing to do the work, but since it is a new design, they wanted the action in hand prior to starting. Also the lead times on a .223 or a 6.5 Creedmoor was 6 to 8 months. Lead time was due to their larger customers placing orders for barrels.

I also spoke with LRI and Bugholes. Again both wanted the action in hand before they started on the barrel. That said lead times were much better than ordering from Bartlein.

LRI uses K&P barrels and for my chamberings, they had barrels on hand and the turn around was fairly quick. Cerakoting the barrel seemed to add the most time to process.

On the Bugholes website, you can see what barrels they have in stock. When I spoke with them they stated that there are barrels coming in every month from Bartlein, so the lead time would not be too bad if the barrel was not in stock.

Anyone know how well an Archimedes crosses over inlet wise with the CDG? I want to order an manners pro hunter, and they don't list the CDG inlet obviously. I figured the pro hunter was similar to the LRH as in it was a low cut stock that accomdated all sorts of actions. I'm under the impression from photos the pro hunter has a mini chassis, so inlet shouldn't matter much.

First it looks like a fantastic action!

For that sort of money though I would want a forged one piece bolt.

I would want the action to be forged.

At this price point I do not want a floating bolt head I can get that is a cheap Savage!

It has too much in common with far cheaper actions for me to pay what they are asking. For a premium price I expect premium manufacturing methods and a bolt made up from component pieces is not premium at all the is cheap way of building up a bolt.

My critique is not at all meant to take anything away from this or to minimize some ones else's desire for it. Unlike people that want to endless shit on my Savage builds that is not what I am trying to do here.

Sadly these are not even images of the real thing just CAD or SOlid Works design drawings. I would be willing to bet the inside of it looks similar to what you would expect to see if looking from the receiver face into the action that you would expect to see on a Savage and not what you would see with a CZ, BRNO, Mauser, Winchester Pre-64 Model 70, Ruger M77 Mkii or a Howa 1500 etc....

So what I see is that they have taken the over all design elements of a Savage added an integral recoil lug like a Howa, Mauser 98, Win Pre-64 and integrated pic rail and made it fit a Rem 700 foot print. They have taken design elements from Savage and other modern non-forged built up component bolt assembly. They have then taken these elements and machined them with precision.

I do not think it is worth $899 by a long shot. For me this is at best worth $500 maybe $600 tops but only if they tossed in steel bottom metal and a match grade trigger.

I think they have taken too many cost saving measures for me to see it as a truly premium action. I bet their is a lot of casting's or MIM parts in this assembly as well! I do not know that to be fact though that is assumption on my part. How the parts are made matters to me when considering price point! Billet, bar stock, MIM and castings can not compare to forged parts. I expect a lot for an action that does not come with bottom metal or a trigger that is near $1000.
you're a moron.

At this price point I do not want a floating bolt head I can get that is a cheap Savage!

It has too much in common with far cheaper actions for me to pay what they are asking. For a premium price I expect premium manufacturing methods and a bolt made up from component pieces is not premium at all the is cheap way of building up a bolt.

My critique is not at all meant to take anything away from this or to minimize some ones else's desire for it. Unlike people that want to endless shit on my Savage builds that is not what I am trying to do here.

Sadly these are not even images of the real thing just CAD or SOlid Works design drawings. I would be willing to bet the inside of it looks similar to what you would expect to see if looking from the receiver face into the action that you would expect to see on a Savage and not what you would see with a CZ, BRNO, Mauser, Winchester Pre-64 Model 70, Ruger M77 Mkii or a Howa 1500 etc....

So what I see is that they have taken the over all design elements of a Savage added an integral recoil lug like a Howa, Mauser 98, Win Pre-64 and integrated pic rail and made it fit a Rem 700 foot print. They have taken design elements from Savage and other modern non-forged built up component bolt assembly. They have then taken these elements and machined them with precision.

I do not think it is worth $899 by a long shot. For me this is at best worth $500 maybe $600 tops but only if they tossed in steel bottom metal and a match grade trigger.

I think they have taken too many cost saving measures for me to see it as a truly premium action. I bet their is a lot of casting's or MIM parts in this assembly as well! I do not know that to be fact though that is assumption on my part. How the parts are made matters to me when considering price point! Billet, bar stock, MIM and castings can not compare to forged parts. I expect a lot for an action that does not come with bottom metal or a trigger that is near $1000
I pray to god this is a troll account. The savage threads you've been posting are one thing but this is beyond a brain damaged opinion if you genuinely think this...

Stick to your Fclass hero Bat, Barnard, Defiance and Lawtons then, oh and the $1500 plus price tags. These are not benchrest actions, and likely were not designed to play in that arena. You probably use a savage though judging by your other posts.

Reactions: W54/XM-388

I think they have taken too many cost saving measures for me to see it as a truly premium action. I bet their is a lot of casting's or MIM parts in this assembly as well! I do not know that to be fact though that is assumption on my part. How the parts are made matters to me when considering price point! Billet, bar stock, MIM and castings can not compare to forged parts. I expect a lot for an action that does not come with bottom metal or a trigger that is near $1000.
This should be interesting!

Reactions: padfoot 37

Dude you must lie like hunter Biden on a 4473 cause you're smoking crack. They've had pictures and video of the real thing. Several companies have them in hand to inlet stocks and spin up for chambering. As to your rant about forging and the merits of the action you should read through the 56 pages of this thread.

Anyone know how well an Archimedes crosses over inlet wise with the CDG? I want to order an manners pro hunter, and they don't list the CDG inlet obviously. I figured the pro hunter was similar to the LRH as in it was a low cut stock that accomdated all sorts of actions. I'm under the impression from photos the pro hunter has a mini chassis, so inlet shouldn't matter much.
I dont know if their lead times have come down, but id guess not. Id call and order. By the time they get to your inlet it will be 2024 and they will have programmed the CDG already.

I dont know if their lead times have come down, but id guess not. Id call and order. By the time they get to your inlet it will be 2024 and they will have programmed the CDG already.
Might just do a HNT26 as I've heard they run aw mags with a tl3 successfully. I do prefer a stock with a 12.5 lop VS a chassis in lightweight setups tho. Folder would be nice!

@4O6shootist i really like my mdt HNT26 folder, I have one that’s a non folder also. Haven’t tried AW in either yet though, but glad you have heard they have worked so far with AW

Ejection port on the CDG is longer. Or at least more rear biased.

I spoke to Bartlein about getting a barrel chambered for the CDG. They were willing to do the work, but since it is a new design, they wanted the action in hand prior to starting. Also the lead times on a .223 or a 6.5 Creedmoor was 6 to 8 months. Lead time was due to their larger customers placing orders for barrels.

I also spoke with LRI and Bugholes. Again both wanted the action in hand before they started on the barrel. That said lead times were much better than ordering from Bartlein.

LRI uses K&P barrels and for my chamberings, they had barrels on hand and the turn around was fairly quick. Cerakoting the barrel seemed to add the most time to process.

On the Bugholes website, you can see what barrels they have in stock. When I spoke with them they stated that there are barrels coming in every month from Bartlein, so the lead time would not be too bad if the barrel was not in stock.
im new here, been following, just not posted
i ordered from bugholes after i ordered the action,
matter of fact when it ships from arc, its going right to them.
so i can confirm they will do it

Holy shit you are fucking stupid, I mean you have said some dumb shit before but this is probably your stupidest one yet. Explain to Ted how he builds his actions wrong, in fact do it here, that would be a hilarious response to read.

And if you are going to make a post bitching about it at least read through the whole thread. You clearly didn’t since you are complaining about the Models when videos have been posted of the actual action in use as well as being stripped down and all the details shown.

Holy shit you are fucking stupid, I mean you have said some dumb shit before but this is probably your stupidest one yet. Explain to Ted how he builds his actions wrong, in fact do it here, that would be a hilarious response to read.

And if you are going to make a post bitching about it at least read through the whole thread. You clearly didn’t since you are complaining about the Models when videos have been posted of the actual action in use as well as being stripped down and all the details shown.
Hey man, calm down. fcp either A) doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about. Which means he should be mocked ruthlessly, or just ignored. Or 2) does know what he’s talking about and has some personal problem with what he’s raving about. Which means he should be mocked ruthlessly, or just ignored. Or D) does know what he’s talking about and is a brilliant troll. Which means he will be totally fine if he is mocked ruthlessly

What you should not do is be mad or get yourself worked up over anything is coming from the other end of that user profile

Reactions: giumau1 and lash

One thing that I can say for sure, owning many of ARC's actions is they are EXTREMELY well made and more importantly are EXTREMELY well thought out. I have a barrel spun up sitting here patiently waiting for my new action. Having talked to Ted and his crew at the Shot Show, I can tell you there is no lack of innovation or talent in that company.

Reactions: giumau1

Ok.

I see you finally did it.

1682513499020.gif

LOL! Please provide one example of a manufacturer who forges one piece bolts. Then, give one example of a manufacturer who forges actions. I'll wait.

Good post. Thanks.

Reactions: Ichi
Hey man, calm down. fcp either A) doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about. Which means he should be mocked ruthlessly, or just ignored. Or 2) does know what he’s talking about and has some personal problem with what he’s raving about. Which means he should be mocked ruthlessly, or just ignored. Or D) does know what he’s talking about and is a brilliant troll. Which means he will be totally fine if he is mocked ruthlessly

What you should not do is be mad or get yourself worked up over anything is coming from the other end of that user profile

Not worked up about it, I generally avoid people that dumb so when one shows up it’s kind of a shock. We’ve had some back and forth on other topics and every time I think the bar can’t get lower he breaks out a shovel.

One thing that I can say for sure, owning many of ARC's actions is they are EXTREMELY well made and more importantly are EXTREMELY well thought out. I have a barrel spun up sitting here patiently waiting for my new action. Having talked to Ted and his crew at the Shot Show, I can tell you there is no lack of innovation or talent in that company.
I personally have 4 with an additional 4 in use among friends and family with my first one bought in 2016. That will bump up to 6 and 5 once the CDG starts shipping, they are honestly my favorite actions.

Reactions: pr1malr8ge
Sooo...it's not a Savage action then, right? Smh...I think your time here is going to be short and painful....

Dodging arrows.gif

Forged ? That ought to "lower the cost"........ :rolleyes:

Attention K Mart Shoppers :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

35CF6BA7-DCC2-4843-800C-E803545EF4C5.jpeg