• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

e44289e2b554d37d19486285902f338ff5d83d4bf83a4d34366ac6613adf0d2c_1.jpg
Does she shoot a Savage in 6.5cm?

Or, even worse, .308?

question. is there a schematic or anything that show how an m5 bottom metal needs to be modified to allow the trigger hanger to clear?

question. is there a schematic or anything that show how an m5 bottom metal needs to be modified to allow the trigger hanger to clear?
I’m trying to think of any way the bottom metal would ever get close enough to the trigger hanger and I can’t think of a possible way

Reactions: Carole Baskins
No, but it’s not that hard. Wait until you get the action, pre-fit action to chassis and bottom metal. At that point you will see that there may or may not be a slight interference fit from the trigger hanger to the bottom metal. If so, Mark that area, remove a little bit of material from that area so the the action will fit without the trigger hanger rubbing on the bottom metal (use dremel or similar to remove material carefully).

Done.

If the above sounds too complicated and you are still unsure or confused, please take all components to a competent gunsmith or mildly capable handy person that you know and trust.

No, but it’s not that hard. Wait until you get the action, pre-fit action to chassis and bottom metal. At that point you will see that there may or may not be a slight interference fit from the trigger hanger to the bottom metal. If so, Mark that area, remove a little bit of material from that area so the the action will fit without the trigger hanger rubbing on the bottom metal (use dremel or similar to remove material carefully).

Done.

If the above sounds too complicated and you are still unsure or confused, please take all components to a competent gunsmith or mildly capable handy person that you know and trust.
thanks, that was my plan, but if there was info out there, well why not see what it says

Pillars will likely need notched for the hanger. 7 axis dremel tool lol. I know if you drop a kelbly or impact into a pillar bed stock, things have to get clearances on the rear pillar.

What sucks is the action I ordered for my son is going to get here before mine. RH for him LH for me. That’s going to be torture

Reactions: Caldeio and ZY100
As far as I know the only rifle in current production with a forged receiver is the 70 winchester and
if my memory serves me it has always had a forged receiver.