• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Sort of on-topic: For anyone buying accessories for a new build around a CDG, Optics Planet has the Warne Skyline in Arca @ $295. Free shipping too. Most everywhere else is still $350+.
Friends don't let friends buy from optics planet.

Friends don't let friends buy from optics planet.
What’s the scoop then? Shipping takes forever, but I’ve found their prices reasonable and sometimes really good.

If there’s something I’m missing that the community knows, help a bro out.

Last edited:
ec481133-5e25-49e0-8248-a73b585fc970-jpeg.8140410
810df9a0-32ba-4a26-8f12-f06c42347b0b-jpeg.8140481

What’s the scoop then? Shipping take for ever, but I’ve found their prices reasonable and sometimes really good.

If there’s something I’m missing that the community knows, help a bro out.
Take a browse thorough that thread.

If you want good prices try some of the Hide vendors (commercial supporters). Much better CS in every way.

Reactions: giumau1
Typically as in they predate the internet and have had a solid buisness ever since as one of the main gunpart sources in the industry for years and years.
Def wanted to ask because my prior source of gun parts, Rainier Arms, is a bunch of snitches...

Brownells is solid, but what chassis? There may be other smaller vendors that support the forum that have it as well

Reactions: lash
Brownells is solid, but what chassis? There may be other smaller vendors that support the forum that have it as well
The JP APAC. Brownells has a lefty(you can reverse the folding stock to make it right folding) for like 1520 and a friend gave me a 10% off code. so it's still under 1500 with tax and shipping

Reactions: padfoot 37
Sort of on-topic: For anyone buying accessories for a new build around a CDG, Optics Planet has the Warne Skyline in Arca @ $295. Free shipping too. Most everywhere else is still $350+.
IF you don't mind buying from Optics Planet lol

What have you guys found for cleaning rod bore guides for the CDG? I couldn't find the bolt diameter this morning but I know it is on the big side.

Anyone knows if you can convert a Hawkins hunter M5 DBM to a AW latch ?

IF you don't mind buying from Optics Planet lol
I don’t mind buying from Optics Planet. Competitive pricing and pretty good shipping. Huge selection And a relatively good search interface. They handled a return of a defective red dot quickly and easily. When an optic disappeared in transit they shipped another one. That required some work on my part and took a couple weeks but in today’s market is relatively good IMHO. That issue was entirely UPS’s fault as the original optic did show up about 6 weeks late.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
What have you guys found for cleaning rod bore guides for the CDG? I couldn't find the bolt diameter this morning but I know it is on the big side.
I ordered and received one from Mike Lucas. I have several of his bore guides. Very good quality and machining. You can search him on Accurate Shooter forum. Or PM for his email. (He does not have a website)

I should add. I can't verify fit, cause I haven't received my action yet. But I assume it will be perfect like the other Lucas made bore guides I own.

Good luck

Last edited:

I had Mike Lucas make me a bore guide about a month ago even though I don't have the action yet. Ted provided the action inside diameter many pages ago, I believe it was 21mm. You may want to search to confirm that number.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Here are the dimensions of the bolt, per an email I received from ARC.

The bolts are 20.8mm in diameter and the receiver bore is 21mm.

PMA Tool says that they can make them. But they moved recently and don't expect custom guide rods to be shipping until the end of May.

Here's an example...
1684079164584.png

Last edited:
Anyone knows if you can convert a Hawkins hunter M5 DBM to a AW latch ?
This is what I would like to do as well. I have been watching carefully for information.

I don't think the magazine catch will be the problem. Hawkins is good about sending modified parts.

I read early on the CDG will not feed from the Hunter magazine. I'm hoping someone has the parts to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Pardon if this is a blasphemous question, but does anyone see any issue putting the CDG into Magpul's Hunter 700 stock with the DBM "accessory"?

A little off topic but don’t expect to buy anything from optics planet if you live in Washington state. They won’t process any orders from Washington right now even if it’s not a restricted part. Tried to order an Mdt chassis and arca rail sections but order showed no activity after 5 days so contacted them and was told all Washington orders are on hold indefinitely with no expected time frame for when that will change. I personally won’t be doing business with them anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Chipster697
A little off topic but don’t expect to buy anything from optics planet if you live in Washington state. They won’t process any orders from Washington right now even if it’s not a restricted part. Tried to order an Mdt chassis and arca rail sections but order showed no activity after 5 days so contacted them and was told all Washington orders are on hold indefinitely with no expected time frame for when that will change. I personally won’t be doing business with them anymore.
Good for them. Fuck Washington. Vote harder.

3 weeks ago PVA emailed me and said they were out of 29" osprey blanks for my 28" 22GT barrel and they might not have more until the 4th quarter, then I remembered I had a 29" gain twist bartlein blank on the shelf at home to send them.

Here it is 11 days after they received the blank and I just got an email with a tracking number... Yay!

Just need an email from ARC now that my action is shipping and I can put it together and go play. Too bad the action has to sit in 10 day waiting period jail at my FFL when it gets here. ARC's order status shows a pending delivery order out date of 6/11, but maybe that's just a best guess based on current production and order fulfillment.

Just wondering, did anyone get their CDG up and running in 223 or 223ai yet (assuming any .378 bolt faces have shipped from ARC?)

Interested in how smooth feeding is from single stack 223 mags. I want to build a lightweight 223ai later this year and while I have a spare Archimedes in the safe that I was planning on using (I already have another Archimedes running 223ai and know it will run 223ai perfectly) I'm very interested in how well the CDG fares with the small diameter 223 and single stack 223 mags.

3 weeks ago PVA emailed me and said they were out of 29" osprey blanks for my 28" 22GT barrel and they might not have more until the 4th quarter, then I remembered I had a 29" gain twist bartlein blank on the shelf at home to send them.

Here it is 11 days after they received the blank and I just got an email with a tracking number... Yay!

Just need an email from ARC now that my action is shipping and I can put it together and go play. Too bad the action has to sit in 10 day waiting period jail at my FFL when it gets here. ARC's order status shows a pending delivery order out date of 6/11, but maybe that's just a best guess based on current production and order fulfillment.

Just wondering, did anyone get their CDG up and running in 223 or 223ai yet (assuming any .378 bolt faces have shipped from ARC?)

Interested in how smooth feeding is from single stack 223 mags. I want to build a lightweight 223ai later this year and while I have a spare Archimedes in the safe that I was planning on using (I already have another Archimedes running 223ai and know it will run 223ai perfectly) I'm very interested in how well the CDG fares with the small diameter 223 and single stack 223 mags.
What blank length do they use for 26" barrels? 27"?

What blank length do they use for 26" barrels? 27"?

Yep, blanks are always slightly longer than finish length, need a little extra to chop off.

Screenshot_20230515-112728.jpg

PVA tries to keep some 29" blanks on hand, but they don't keep as many on hand as 27" blanks. I had to wait a couple of months for them to restock a 6mm 29" osprey blank for a 28" 6 dasher barrel for an impact, they shipped that to me last week.

While not relevant for the ospreys, gain twists are also made oversized but with a specific finish length in mind, as chopping them shorter will change either the initial or final twist rate depending on what end you cut down.

Yep, blanks are always slightly longer than finish length, need a little extra to chop off.

View attachment 8141767

Gain twists are made with a specific finish length in mind, as chopping them shorter will change either the initial or final twist rate depending on what end you cut down.
Thank you! I was going to get a blank and have a local smith do it, but he's never done a CDG barrel and considering PVA has done a ton lately, I figured they'd be the best bet.

ARC's order status shows a pending delivery order out date of 6/11, but maybe that's just a best guess based on current production and order fulfillment.
where do you see pending delivery date on arcs web page?

I’m curious on feeding from 223 MDT mags also, because I just ordered another coup in .378 BF for a 20 Tactical

where do you see pending delivery date on arcs web page?

Look under your sales order details. I have no idea if that's a hard date or just an estimated date for shipping, it's probably an estimated/planned date based on current production rates and order fulfillment.

My order has been showing 6/11 for about a month now.

I would not recommend bugging ARC about it... I'm not going to. It ships when it ships.

Screenshot_20230515-114724__01.jpg

Smaller than standard bolt faces hadn't shipped as of last week.

Look under your sales order details. I have no idea if that's a hard date or just an estimated date for shipping, it's probably an estimated/planned date based on current production rates and order fulfillment.

My order has been showing 6/11 for about a month now.

I would not recommend bugging ARC about it... I'm not going to. It ships when it ships.

View attachment 8141784
yeah mine shows 2/13/23, def not right
1684176905963.png

Reactions: Kadams1563

Good to know as I was about to order a 22GT from PVA

Good to know as I was about to order a 22GT from PVA

They had 27" .224 blanks when I spoke with them 2 weeks ago and offered to cut me a 26" barrel that day, but they were out of 29" .224 blanks for the 28" barrel I ordered and weren't expecting the next batch of 29" blanks until possibly the October timeframe.

Luckily I had the bartlein gain twist blank on the shelf that was ordered to finish at 28".

Same here. Luckily, I don't care when it ships ... I have no immediate plans to build it.

Ok fellas, new week, keep those shipping notifications and order times rolling! Can’t wait for mine!

Reactions: JLenander