• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Ah mate I’m only bringing I the dozen actions at this point, and once they’re done that’s it - too much of a headache. Shouldn’t be a drama getting a local guy to spin you up a blank etc.

That barrel isn’t mine anyway 😂

Reactions: lash
Has anyone put one in a foundation stock with a Hawkins DBM? Curious to see pictures of what needed to be modified.

Ah mate I’m only bringing I the dozen actions at this point, and once they’re done that’s it - too much of a headache. Shouldn’t be a drama getting a local guy to spin you up a blank etc.

That barrel isn’t mine anyway 😂
No problem.

Has anyone put one in a foundation stock with a Hawkins DBM? Curious to see pictures of what needed to be modified.
Originally for a TL3,..blend the ejection port, drop the relief cut for the bolt release and mill about .250” clearance for the rear of the trigger hanger. F890BE21-C12D-4C88-A5C1-7AF55CF6DD93.jpeg2C3F1C93-13D6-48CA-A02D-BEBBED59DAB9.jpeg

Does the Spuhr SICS take AW? If not I'm probably going with the AI AT-X, TT Diamond, 26" comp contour 1:7 i 6x47 lapua, with either a steiner t6xi or something like a riton 7 conquer 4-32x56

Well turns out the magnum bolt head was the hold up as they are shipping my short action without the long action. And I got the serial number I requested so I am happy.

Anybody know if Brownells is doing a 4th of July sale as I need to buy an HNT26.

Anybody know if Brownells is doing a 4th of July sale as I need to buy an HNT26.

They have a father's day coupon right now for $140 off $1000+ that you can stack with 7% active junky cashback... Not a bad savings for a HNT26, but they don't appear to have all configurations in stock right now.

Well turns out the magnum bolt head was the hold up as they are shipping my short action without the long action. And I got the serial number I requested so I am happy.

Search the site for HNT26, I found an obscure thread and found mine for $1119.00 otd from a rural shop. Unfortunately, it was the last one though.

They have a father's day coupon right now for $140 off $1000+ that you can stack with 7% active junky cashback... Not a bad savings for a HNT26, but they don't appear to have all configurations in stock right now.
Only if Brownells doesn’t tax you, otherwise they kinda suck.

If you are here to post your shipping notice, please do all of us degenerates a favor and include the relevant order info.. that is to say, order date, and your order configuration (i.e. right hand long action .535 bold head)!

Got my shipping notice today. Order placed on 2/8 @ 12:59 PM CST.

0.473" Bolt Head
0.378" Bolt Head
Coup De Grâce Bolt Action (Short, Right, Hourglass, 20 MOA, Red, Fluted, Pivoting)
CDG Action Wrench

Got my shipping notice today. Order placed on 2/8 @ 12:59 PM CST.

0.473" Bolt Head
0.378" Bolt Head
Coup De Grâce Bolt Action (Short, Right, Hourglass, 20 MOA, Red, Fluted, Pivoting)
CDG Action Wrench
Jelly that’s my order aside from the inclination.

If you are here to post your shipping notice, please do all of us degenerates a favor and include the relevant order info.. that is to say, order date, and your order configuration (i.e. right hand long action .535 bold head)!
No problem.

Configuration

Sales Order SO-037428

Order Date: 02/08/2023

[15TSR2-473FL-PHRD] Coup De Grâce Bolt Action (Short, Right, 0.473", Hourglass, 20 MOA [5.8 mrad], Red, Fluted, Pivoting)

Pretty standard

Hope this helps did ordered it as soon as I was able to get on the site after the big confusion.

Reactions: githop
Only if Brownells doesn’t tax you, otherwise they kinda suck.

You can thank Wayfair v South Dakota for that... Ugh.

Nearly every place I order from now hits me with tax, unless they're small enough be be under the collection threshold of $100k in annual sales to your particular state (or whatever the current tax code is) and don't have to charge you. And that's not even a guarantee... Some places that I know are too small to charge tax hit me with tax, and some places I know are well over that $100k annual sales threshold don't charge me tax... Go figure.

I always prefer to buy from a good supporting vendor that doesn't hit me with sales tax, but they're very hard to find nowadays.

In other news, the longer I look at this pile of parts that's only waiting for an action the more I regret waiting until 2/11 to order. I told myself I wasn't in a hurry and the action will be here when it's here, but patience doesn't fill the CDG-shaped hole in my parts pile, lol.

Don’t be. I just found out I need a serious roof repair. The first one of these likely won’t even be finished until this time next year.

Im trying to decide whether i want a CDG or Origin. I like the CDG better but the lack of prefits like proof and the chassis mod is dissuading me. So my question is this what is everyone doing for barrels? I want to do shouldered prefit. Also chassis I was hoping KRG bravo cause of the cost

you can still get one from PVA or straight jacket if you want cut rifle or preferred if you want button. Imo there's still good quality prefits for the CDG. Not as many as the origin, but you get more bang for your buck with the CDG.
if time frame is an issue, you can get an origin sooner, I'm sure. I ordered in feb and mine just shipped.

you can still get one from PVA or straight jacket if you want cut rifle or preferred if you want button. Imo there's still good quality prefits for the CDG. Not as many as the origin, but you get more bang for your buck with the CDG.
if time frame is an issue, you can get an origin sooner, I'm sure. I ordered in feb and mine just shipped.
PVA’s Osprey blanks would be button, too.

Reactions: Awag1000
How does active junky work?

Reactions: stevieb92
How does active junky work?
https://www.activejunky.com

Basically you log into the Active Junky website and follow a link to the store. Active Junky is able to track what you buy and you get cash back from Active Junky each yearly quarter.

Keep in mind that they may not give you cash back all items purchased from any given store. Also the store may exclude certain items, such as ammo. So read the fine print and shop accordingly.

https://www.activejunky.com

Basically you log into the Active Junky website and follow a link to the store. Active Junky is able to track what you buy and you get cash back from Active Junky each yearly quarter.

Keep in mind that they may not give you cash back all items purchased from any given store. Also the store may exclude certain items, such as ammo. So read the fine print and shop accordingly.

Also keep in mind you have to disable any ad blockers or script blockers while you're checking out from the active junky link or it won't work. After your purchase you can re enable your blockers. Disable any ad blockers, go to active junky, follow the Brownells link and checkout, and you should be good. At that point you can re enable your ad blockers.

I've been using them for Brownells for years now to save a few extra bucks, they're reliable. Biggest savings with active junky was back around 2018ish when I bought an AXMC from Brownells (yes, for a brief time they stocked AI rifles) using a 15% off coupon stacked with 7% active junky cashback on top of a bonus rewards offer for 5% off sporting goods purchases with my credit card, and back then Brownells didn't hit me with sales tax; got a brand new AXMC for quite a bit less than they go for used. The 15% coupon wasn't supposed to work on AI products, but someone here on the hide pointed out that it did work because of a website glitch... Brownells fixed the coupon after a bit of a free for all, lol.

Buying through active junky today usually offsets most of the sales tax I get hit with... Better than nothing, I suppose.

Last edited: