• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I have a HNT26 in hand and waiting but no CDG to drop into it.

It looks like the trigger hangar should clear, but don't know for sure until the action is here.
Yep, definitely gave this one a hard look but, I wanted to keep with a quick adjust butt plate &, in the state I live, folding stocks are a no no. I can get a folding stock sent from another state but I'm not sure if I want to be looking over my shoulder there-after. If I'm caught, my firearms licence is cactus.

Yep, definitely gave this one a hard look but, I wanted to keep with a quick adjust butt plate &, in the state I live, folding stocks are a no no. I can get a folding stock sent from another state but I'm not sure if I want to be looking over my shoulder there-after. If I'm caught, my firearms licence is cactus.

No folding stock on a bolt rifle? Even I can have those, and I'm in California. It's not often I get to say I can legally own something that others can't, so I guess thanks for making the gun laws here look somewhat reasonable, at least when it comes to folding stocks on bolt action rifles? :ROFLMAO:

If you want something with quick adjust features, look at something other than the Hnt26... The cheek and LOP adjustments need a hex key and you have to swap to different length bolts depending how many LOP spacers are installed. It is a very nice chassis for what it was designed to do, but does have some limitations based on the intended use.

If you didn't care about adding weight, you might be able to adapt and install a quick adjustable butt pad setup from another stock or chassis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barelstroker
Thanks for the feedback.
Are they a rattly settup with the adjustment system?
I can't see any way to tighten the system at all. The last thing I want is for the butt pad & cheek riser to be loose when behind the rifle.
If you reckon they're uncomfortable though, I think I'll keep looking.
I really like the Xylo but I'm kind of over the square, cold Aluminum.
I've looked at Woox. They are exceptionally well made. Maybe a Woox perhaps?
i wanted wood, could not find one i liked, so i ordered a foundation

No folding stock on a bolt rifle? Even I can have those, and I'm in California. It's not often I get to say I can legally own something that others can't, so I guess thanks for making the gun laws here look somewhat reasonable, at least when it comes to folding stocks on bolt action rifles? :ROFLMAO:

If you want something with quick adjust features, look at something other than the Hnt26... The cheek and LOP adjustments need a hex key and you have to swap to different length bolts depending how many LOP spacers are installed. It is a very nice chassis for what it was designed to do, but does have some limitations based on the intended use.

If you didn't care about adding weight, you might be able to adapt and install a quick adjustable butt pad setup from another stock or chassis.
I really do like the Xylo & I'm thinking I could fairly easily make up some thin hardwood side runners on the fore hand section. It's a little heavier than I wanted but that's not a deal breaker. From what I've seen & read, if I stick with Teds Xylo, it's plug & play with AW mags which is what's really important to me. The Xylo also eliminates the need to inlet an M5 DBM & possibly pissing about getting the system to feed smoothly. All stuff I'm hesitant to deal with.

i wanted wood, could not find one i liked, so i ordered a foundation
MDT Frontier TIMBR?
IMG_9823.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

I've been running an ACC on my rifle for the past 3 years. It's a great platform & has worked very well for the way I shoot but, I'm thinking I want to get back to a lighter more simple platform when I get the CDG.
I want to go a shorter, lighter barrel profile, a thumbhole stock for easier rifle manipulation & return to the warmth & softer feel of wood. I'd like to stay with the adjustability of the ACC which I find to be very beneficial.
I've been trawling the internet looking at everything I can find. I've looked at all kinds of custom thumbholes but I keep returning to the little cheap ass Boyd's "At-One", with adjustable butt plate & comb. There's a few thing I wish it had different but the overall package is basically what I'm looking for.
I've not seen a Boyds At-One in the flesh & was wondering if any of you guys has experience with them?
The one thing I don't prefer about the ACC is the thread adjustment system. I find it slow & cumbersome & I find myself making do instead of changing length of pull when I change to a different position in the vehicle.
I like the idea of the quick adjust system on the At-One but I don't know if it's a rattly, loose setup or not.
You’d have to add a third-party adjustable buttplate system, but older Rem 700 laminated wood thumbhole stocks are pretty comfy.

7BB44265-5760-4754-82F5-4E172C92A01B.jpeg
4ADFD45E-E183-46A1-B37E-D2409C527EFB.jpeg
61D288F1-8EED-425F-BDE6-9D5A8E6BDBA3.jpeg
8949F823-986F-4DD1-AE93-34CC3AF543E8.jpeg
0F15BB82-3970-45B3-B3B2-FFEBE89A005D.jpeg
32548A2A-0463-428F-BA09-7A2C401DE780.jpeg

I imagine the CDG action would fit as it fits Rem 700 stocks (I think?). And yeah, that’s the prev owner’s pics of my .204 before I sold the crap scope and put it in a KRG W3 chassis. (Not selling the stock lol)

GRS has some interesting lam wood stocks, but no thumbholes that I know of. Obviously Boyd’s makes stocks like above, and not sure of the options you can add to them.

The little I played with a Boyd’s At-One at the gun shop left me less than impressed. There wasn’t a limiter on some bit that I’ve forgotten (buttpad? cheekpiece?) and I accidentally pulled it off and a spring went flying to no man’s land, never to be found again. Handed the gun back and went, whoops!

Maybe they’ve improved it? That was pre-Covid.

Last edited:
I really do like the Xylo & I'm thinking I could fairly easily make up some thin hardwood side runners on the fore hand section. It's a little heavier than I wanted but that's not a deal breaker. From what I've seen & read, if I stick with Teds Xylo, it's plug & play with AW mags which is what's really important to me. The Xylo also eliminates the need to inlet an M5 DBM & possibly pissing about getting the system to feed smoothly. All stuff I'm hesitant to deal with.

These should work for covers. I keep contemplating an MDT ESS with their grips, stocks and rail covers but i feel it would get too heavy for a hunting rifle.

Reactions: notacos4u
MDT Frontier TIMBR?
Yep, gave that a real hard look &, still on my short list. For the money they're asking though, I'm finding it rather difficult to find a reason to pass over the xylo. Hardwood ply must be hell expensive in Canada.

A while back there was a xylo on the PX with custom wood panels on the front... It looked rather nice, actually. Might be a good option.

Reactions: FredHammer
You’d have to add a third-party adjustable buttplate system, but older Rem 700 laminated wood thumbhole stocks are pretty comfy.

View attachment 8158328View attachment 8158330View attachment 8158331View attachment 8158332View attachment 8158333View attachment 8158334
I imagine the CDG action would fit as it fits Rem 700 stocks (I think?). And yeah, that’s the prev owner’s pics of my .204 before I sold the crap scope and put it in a KRG W3 chassis. (Not selling the stock lol)

GRS has some interesting lam wood stocks, but no thumbholes that I know of. Obviously Boyd’s makes stocks like above, and not sure if the options you can add to them.

The little I played with a Boyd’s At-One at the gun shop left me less than impressed. There wasn’t a limiter on some bit that I’ve forgotten (buttpad? cheekpiece?) and I accidentally pulled it off and a spring went flying to no man’s land, never to be found again. Handed the gun back and went, whoops!

Maybe they’ve improved it? That was pre-Covid.
I've never preferred the look of this style but they are dang comfy.
Having to piss about getting aftermarket adjustment fitted is something I'm trying to avoid.
In the US, you guys have plenty of choice when it comes to Smiths & stock makers & such. Our choices are much slimmer & wait times are usually very lengthy.
I've recently heard about a stock maker in my local area. I think I'll talk with him about a full custom job.
By the time I get something like the MDT timber Frontier on the rifle, it'll be the better part of 3K when all's said & done. I reckon I could have exactly what I want in a custom job for that or less.

Reactions: carbonbased
A while back there was a xylo on the PX with custom wood panels on the front... It looked rather nice, actually. Might be a good option.
I'm open to all suggestions & I do like the Xylo quite a lot.

Thanks for the feedback.
Are they a rattly settup with the adjustment system?
I can't see any way to tighten the system at all. The last thing I want is for the butt pad & cheek riser to be loose when behind the rifle.
If you reckon they're uncomfortable though, I think I'll keep looking.
I really like the Xylo but I'm kind of over the square, cold Aluminum.
I've looked at Woox. They are exceptionally well made. Maybe a Woox perhaps?
Was not aware of Woox that is a sweet looking stock

I've never preferred the look of this style but they are dang comfy.
Having to piss about getting aftermarket adjustment fitted is something I'm trying to avoid.
In the US, you guys have plenty of choice when it comes to Smiths & stock makers & such. Our choices are much slimmer & wait times are usually very lengthy.
I've recently heard about a stock maker in my local area. I think I'll talk with him about a full custom job.
By the time I get something like the MDT timber Frontier on the rifle, it'll be the better part of 3K when all's said & done. I reckon I could have exactly what I want in a custom job for that or less.
Last time I used the Boyd’s stock customization tool to spec a stock out, I do believe one could order an adjustable buttplate on certain stocks. Probably crap quality, though.

Boyd’s walnut stocks (when available) are fairly nice. Here’s a Pro Varmint for a CZ 527 project that hasn’t taken off yet. The wide angle lens sorta distorts it a little.

I think the inletting for Boyd’s is a little…rough. At least this one’s is. But they are reasonably priced.

3EBE08D8-D94D-401C-AFB4-00203D104FE3.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a HNT26 in hand and waiting but no CDG to drop into it.

It looks like the trigger hangar should clear, but don't know for sure until the action is here.
Keep us posted, that’s high on the list of options for my build as well.

I have one sitting here as well. Feels super comfortable and it looks nice. There’s a large area cutout around the trigger so I believe the hanger should fit fine.

I'd love to start seeing some videos of the action being run. Any idea how many are actually out in the wild?

Also the Boyd's stock I have sitting around doesn't have enough comb hight adjustment.

I'd love to start seeing some videos of the action being run. Any idea how many are actually out in the wild?

Also the Boyd's stock I have sitting around doesn't have enough comb hight adjustment.
Mine should be getting built but my damn buddy loaned out his .223 AI reamer and can’t remember who’s got it. 🤦🏻‍♂️ so he shaving to ask around lol.

Yeah, me too. Guess not too many happy enough with them.

honestly, if the grip was wood, maybe
Just looking at that stock, is that a trigger finger shelf right behind the trigger guard?
I had to build up a trigger finger shelf from metal epoxy on my ACC grip to give my finger a place other than no-mans land. Helped a lot with my marksmanship.

The Foundations are fairly heavy I thought.
  • Genesis Standard (MG1)– 5lbs 7 oz
  • Genesis Light (MG1L)– 5lbs
  • Exodus Standard No Baghook (ME1) – 5lbs 8 oz
  • Exodus Standard w/ Baghook (ME1B)– 5lbs 5oz
  • Exodus Light No Baghook (ME1L)– 5lbs 1 oz
  • Exodus Light w/Baghook (ME1LB)– 4lbs 14oz
  • Revelation Standard (MR1)– 3lbs 14oz
  • Revelation Heavy (MR1H)– 5lbs
  • Genesis 2 Standard w/ Baghook (MG2B)– 5lbs 9oz
  • Genesis 2 Standard No Baghook (MG2) – 5lbs 12oz
  • Genesis Light w/ Baghook (MG2L) – 5lbs 2oz
  • Genesis Light No Baghook (MG2LB)– 5lbs 5oz

I just got off the phone with Bella at ARC.

July is more like it for the RH Long Actions.

Leftys (SA) are AFTER the RH LAs - there IS a God. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
so they plan on finishing the day 1 orders by then? or all the other actions sold before the rh longs?

I regret the bolt head choices that must be holding back RH SA order.

Reactions: lash
..... anyway....

Any reports on if the bolt binds easy? I'd like to think the larger dia bolt body would help with binding.
Well some pages earlier there was someone that tried and said he couldn’t, but nobody saying it does yet.
Frankly, I’m of the opinion that those people that bitch about bolt binding should spend some actual time on their rifle learning how to properly operate a bolt in various conditions and positions.

I own a few rifle with actions that the minor few claim have bolts that bind. I have zero issues. Fast, slow, very fast, erratic and positional bolt manipulation all work fine for me. Even on a crap Salvage that admittedly has a sloppy bolt fit.

Can I make it bind by standing behind it while it’s at waist level on my bench and I manipulate the bolt sideways? Sure. But who’s actually using their firearm that way?

..... anyway....

Any reports on if the bolt binds easy? I'd like to think the larger dia bolt body would help with binding.
For me, bolt binding has been one of those issues that always seems to be worse when I'm not actually shooting.
I reckon my S/S ruger M77 is one of the worst actions for bolt binding I've come across when just pissing about with it but it never seems as bad when shooting.
Having said that though, I would much prefer that the CDG runs a lot smoother.

Reactions: lash
My view at the moment.
We get these feathered fellows come to see what's for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Cronulla, Sydney.

Since you're posting bird pics, how about some pics of the majestic bin chicken in its natural habitat? :ROFLMAO:

I've got a friend that breeds, raises, and sells parrots; his family has about 300 pairs of african greys, amazons, umbrella cockatoos, sulfur crested cockatoos, scarlet macaws, etc. They are a full time job and the levels of noise and non stop mischief the birds get up to is impressive... I bet having a large wild population of cockatoos around is pretty entertaining (or annoying if they say decide to keep biting and removing the weatherstripping on your car over and over, lol)

Last edited:
..... anyway....

Take with a grain of salt since I'm an ARC whore. I don't have anything else to compare accept a rem 700, Tika, & a Steyr. I've shot others, but not more than a few rounds. None of them made me question the ARC's in my stable. Coincidentally the Steyr like CDG is a 3 lug with 6 o-clock lug & true double stack mag.

I've shot One match with the CDG so far without a hitch. Only thing annoying was it was launching 20%+ of my RWS brass forward in front of firing line. Couldn't retrieve till after the match.
Shot matches with ARC SA, M7, Archimedes, Nuke 1.2, & CDG. None of them have had any binding issue running fast under stress. Of the 4 I obviously have the least amount of time on the CDG (308W 2 stage Huber 1.5#), but it was great. For the Archimedes (6GT TT single stage 12oz) I have to tell myself to slow down. The jury's still out for me, but the Archimedes is really fast/smooth. The CDG is in 308W with a 2 stage trigger so it kind of encourages me to slow it down a little. Not a fair comparison due to caliber/trigger difference. Bolt cycle feels at least equal to the Archimedes.
The Nuke V2 in 223 is super slick, going to have to be mindful to moderate tempo with it also.

Of the 4 actions actually 5 mentioned above the CDG has the least amount of bolt slop with the bolt fully open. I think the clearance is close to the same. The biggest reduction to slop is probably the extended rear support added to the CDG. It's significant. Bolt diameter contributes as well, but to a lesser extent. Make sure to add some lube in the large ejector slot on the bolt body.

You can make anything bind & the only way it wants to bind is if you try pulling the bolt nob off while pushing forward. Of the ARC actions the CDG & Archimedes are least prone to binding & CDG has least amount of bolt slop.

I honestly can't say I've got a favorite ARC action at this point. I like them all & have used the same 2 ARC mags for 3 years. Knock on wood, not a single feed malfunction yet. Digging the ease of loading the AW's for the CDG. Ran the modded 14rd AW for the whole match. I will say this has 1 noticeable advantage over all other ARC actions for comps. The match director got creative & had a prone stage where you had to get up & take a few steps back to retrieve a single round from a box followed by top loading only, rinse repeat x 10. I got one of the top scores on that stage & I give credit to the huge ejection port + it almost impossible to screw up single feeding the CDG over an AW. A lot of popular actions shooting those puny cartridges were struggling with that stage (AI/AW style mags weren't).

For $899 it's a hell of a value. @karagias - Ted you hit a grand slam with this. I think there is an interesting story behind the scenes regarding lean manufacturing. I'd love to here more about that from ARC but they may not want to clue in their competition.

Take with a grain of salt since I'm an ARC whore. I don't have anything else to compare accept a rem 700, Tika, & a Steyr. I've shot others, but not more than a few rounds. None of them made me question the ARC's in my stable. Coincidentally the Steyr like CDG is a 3 lug with 6 o-clock lug & true double stack mag.

I've shot One match with the CDG so far without a hitch. Only thing annoying was it was launching 20%+ of my RWS brass forward in front of firing line. Couldn't retrieve till after the match.
Shot matches with ARC SA, M7, Archimedes, Nuke 1.2, & CDG. None of them have had any binding issue running fast under stress. Of the 4 I obviously have the least amount of time on the CDG (308W 2 stage Huber 1.5#), but it was great. For the Archimedes (6GT TT single stage 12oz) I have to tell myself to slow down. The jury's still out for me, but the Archimedes is really fast/smooth. The CDG is in 308W with a 2 stage trigger so it kind of encourages me to slow it down a little. Not a fair comparison due to caliber/trigger difference. Bolt cycle feels at least equal to the Archimedes.
The Nuke V2 in 223 is super slick, going to have to be mindful to moderate tempo with it also.

Of the 4 actions actually 5 mentioned above the CDG has the least amount of bolt slop with the bolt fully open. I think the clearance is close to the same. The biggest reduction to slop is probably the extended rear support added to the CDG. It's significant. Bolt diameter contributes as well, but to a lesser extent. Make sure to add some lube in the large ejector slot on the bolt body.

You can make anything bind & the only way it wants to bind is if you try pulling the bolt nob off while pushing forward. Of the ARC actions the CDG & Archimedes are least prone to binding & CDG has least amount of bolt slop.

I honestly can't say I've got a favorite ARC action at this point. I like them all & have used the same 2 ARC mags for 3 years. Knock on wood, not a single feed malfunction yet. Digging the ease of loading the AW's for the CDG. Ran the modded 14rd AW for the whole match. I will say this has 1 noticeable advantage over all other ARC actions for comps. The match director got creative & had a prone stage where you had to get up & take a few steps back to retrieve a single round from a box followed by top loading only, rinse repeat x 10. I got one of the top scores on that stage & I give credit to the huge ejection port + it almost impossible to screw up single feeding the CDG over an AW. A lot of popular actions shooting those puny cartridges were struggling with that stage (AI/AW style mags weren't).

For $899 it's a hell of a value. @karagias - Ted you hit a grand slam with this. I think there is an interesting story behind the scenes regarding lean manufacturing. I'd love to here more about that from ARC but they may not want to clue in their competition.
Excellent.
Now that's what I was hoping to hear.
Good stuff.
Feel free to post again to tell us anything else you find with CDG as you go along.

Reactions: pingunit and The D

Excellent write up!

Reactions: pingunit
Since you're posting bird pics, how about some pics of the majestic bin chicken in its natural habitat? :ROFLMAO:

I've got a friend that breeds, raises, and sells parrots; his family has about 300 pairs of african greys, amazons, umbrella cockatoos, sulfur crested cockatoos, scarlet macaws, etc. They are a full time job and the levels of noise and non stop mischief the birds get up to is impressive... I bet having a large wild population of cockatoos around is pretty entertaining (or annoying if they say decide to keep biting and removing the weatherstripping on your car over and over, lol)
That fella in the photo has been turning up 4 or 5 times a day to see what's on offer. He or she, started bringing another couple around to our balcony after a while. They weren't tame at all but they showed very little fear, maybe some mild caution. We could feed them from our hands & none of them seemed overly uncomfortable.
We had a Sulfur Crested cockatoo (same as the pictured bird) when I was a kid.
They are a beautiful bird & make unusual pets but, they have the terrible habit of screeching very loudly every evening which, does get on everyone's nerves. They also get bored & often suffer from depression if not interacted with often. They are also very picky about who can touch or handle them so, not an ideal pet around other people as they will bite kids just the same as adults &, they can bite like bloody crocodiles & bite anywhere, ears, lips, nose, tits anywhere they can get a hold on you.
I've seen people go from " Who's a pretty boy" to "You fucking white feathered bastard, I'll wring your fucking neck" in a few seconds.

Has anyone bore scoped or removed a fired barrel? I now have ~120 rounds on my 22GT and it appears the coned breach is quite pitted from bullet tips. I’ll need to remove the barrel to take a closer look.
Following up on the above.

I shipped my barrel to PVA with a Jet4 on to protect the muzzle and threads. The package arrived damaged with the barrel sticking out and Jet4 scoffed up. PVA spun me a new barrel and put a brand new Jet4 in the return box. Start to finish, no cost to me.