• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Pre-orders

Initially, we were going to get some actions on the shelf before taking orders but because many of you have requested pre-ordering, we’re now considering this. If we do it, we’re going to take full payment rather than just a deposit because it’s easier for us to do so. Easy is important because it saves time and given the level of interest you guys are expressing, we’re going to need that time. Once we’re confident that we won’t disappoint you, we may take pre-orders. Not 100% sure yet.

Ted
Will the $899 price rollout on your site be a deposit then final payment or is that going to be full payment too?

Its nice its going on sale at a low cost but because of the need for a custom barrel that has to now be chambered by a gunsmith its negating the cost saving by not going with savage prefits that are cheap and everyone has them in any caliber you want to shoot. Not to mention waiting for a Smith to spin on a barrel for you (weeks/months)
As an owner of a Nuke I was hoping I could just upgrade, list my Nuke , spin on my savage barrel, torque it down in my ARC stock and go shooting...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Did this action always have this name through development or was that a change based on certain other manufacturers’ changes?
It has changed several times during development. Its current name has nothing to do with recent events. We had concerns that the previous name, Coup d'etat (now trademarked) might have attracted some unwanted attention. I really liked Coup d'etat.

Ted

It has changed several times during development. Its current name has nothing to do with recent events. We had concerns that the previous name, Coup d'etat (now trademarked) might have attracted some unwanted attention. I really liked Coup d'etat.

Ted
Coup d’état would have been absolutely based !

Reactions: padfoot 37
Well done, Ted. It takes a lot of work to get to product launch and courage to drop a piece of bloody meat in the Hide Shark pool.

Take your time and do it right. I like the name. It has Panache. Reminds me of a baser time when Coup meant Counting Coup. When touching your enemy was the acme of skill, bravery, and insult.

@karagias - Why did you have to make it so sexy? Damn you!

I just finished this today from the BF sale & for those asking Nuke Gen 2 feeds 223 great. Barrel is Short Action Customs with a flat Breach face.
Modified an Accurate mag to hold 12, feeds flawless. The Nuke has a feed ramp that sends the small 223 rounds where they need to go.

View attachment 8042201

Ted - Do you have any plans to expand your magazine line?? I'm thinking center feed double stack for SA Saum/PRC/WSM 10 round that would be as long as a std AICS 308-10rnd mag. Same for long action mag double stack center feed. While your at it a ARC style 223 mag would be tits.

Let's not forget Proof sells complete rifles & I've suspected that's played a role in what actions they choose to make prefits for.

I'd suggest reaching out to Lothar Walther also. Never heard a bad thing about there barrels, but they suck at marketing or actually making prefits desirably configured. Their Hammer forged barrel/chamber combo would be pretty damn cool for 223 & 308 giving that Steyr spiral look.
View attachment 8042223
What type of stock/chassis is this? Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks

Here I was thinking, I guess I had better pick up a Mausingfield and complete the trilogy, and now it’s a 4 part saga.

• Haha
Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
What type of stock/chassis is this? Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks
That be a JAE-700.
8F970829-7FF3-491F-B3D6-2E60EAC173D9.jpeg

Someday, long after what people really want to buy is chugging along, and the money is flowing into your business like water, I, as a representative sample of one, would love something that I could use stripper clips with @karagias.

Think of it as "What Would Mauser Do" if he was alive in the 21st century.

Or "The Ghost of Mauser" flowing through your veins. :)

-Stan

Were all the English names taken? I like you Ted and the products you make, I own a lot of them but if hipsters started naming gun parts this is what they’d be.

Gun guys don’t talk like that, no gun guy wants to say “coup de grace” or any other French term when they get asked the name of their action, they’re just going to say CDG to avoid it. Translating to “kill shot” would be much more fitting.

• Haha
Reactions: Luke G and lash
Were all the English names taken? I like you Ted and the products you make, I own a lot of them but if hipsters started naming gun parts this is what they’d be.

Gun guys don’t talk like that, no gun guy wants to say “coup de grace” or any other French term when they get asked the name of their action, they’re just going to say CDG to avoid it. Translating to “kill shot” would be much more fitting.
We assumed people would just call it the Coup. Hey man, if it wasn't for the French, we'd still be subjects of the Crown, like the Canadians. And what about French fries? Who doesn't like French fries?

Ted

Funny you should mention that, I saw the first part of the name and proceeded to call it that for 5 minutes until I showed my brother and he told me I was pronouncing it wrong at which point I finished reading the name.

Naw, too pedantic. It’s growing on me

Reactions: lash
Gun guys don’t talk like that, no gun guy wants to say “coup de grace” or any other French term when they get asked the name of their action, they’re just going to say CDG to avoid it. Translating to “kill shot” would

First time i heard some down home southern country boy talking about SD and ES i thought I had entered the Twilight Zone.

I mean, it'd be pretty surreal to be at a backwoods range and hear the good ol boys talking about the low SDs and ESs their coup de grace was throwing down with their reloads. All the while with that Staccato on their belt.

Will the $899 price rollout on your site be a deposit then final payment or is that going to be full payment too?
Seriously? Please do us all a favor and read the thread. Or is it your intent to throw shade? Just curious.

For those that don’t take the time to read the thread before posting, the $899 introductory price is just that, a price during the short introductory period whereupon they will get a bunch sold and out into the market.

After that there will likely be an increase in price that reflects the costs to produce and provide an action of this quality. I expect, from what I read (here in this very thread) that it may still be less than some relatively equivalent competitor’s products.

Seriously? Please do us all a favor and read the thread. Or is it your intent to throw shade? Just curious.

For those that don’t take the time to read the thread before posting, the $899 introductory price is just that, a price during the short introductory period whereupon they will get a bunch sold and out into the market.

After that there will likely be an increase in price that reflects the costs to produce and provide an action of this quality. I expect, from what I read (here in this very thread) that it may still be less than some relatively equivalent competitor’s products.
That is not at all what I was asking. I know what the pre-sale price is and how it works.

Ted mentioned that if there was a SH group buy that payment would be expected to be made in full. Which made it sound like the pre-sale price of $899 that would be available directly from their website could be purchased either in-full or by paying a deposit to get the production process started and then the remaining $$ to be payed before shipment.

Reactions: lash
Its nice its going on sale at a low cost but because of the need for a custom barrel that has to now be chambered by a gunsmith its negating the cost saving by not going with savage prefits that are cheap and everyone has them in any caliber you want to shoot. Not to mention waiting for a Smith to spin on a barrel for you (weeks/months)
As an owner of a Nuke I was hoping I could just upgrade, list my Nuke , spin on my savage barrel, torque it down in my ARC stock and go shooting...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
People will make prefits for these and sell them at prices of simialar prefits. The cone doesn;t add cost to the barrel. CNC latrhes don;t care if they got this way or that way. They do as they're told.

If we sell lots of actions, people will make barrels for them. And they'll make barrels for us that we will sell for this action. I don't know that we'll ever make barrels. Maybe someday but that space is competitive. Lead times are still long so there is still room for newcomers that know what their doing.

Ted

Gun guys don’t talk like that, no gun guy wants to say “coup de grace” or any other French term when they get asked the name of their action, they’re just going to say CDG to avoid it. Translating to “kill shot” would be much more fitting

DEFIANCE sounds pretty tough, buy one of those instead.

Any idea what the normal price will be? $899 seems like a great deal and might have to justify getting one for myself, especially if it ends up being $1400 or something.

Because I can pay $700 and get a CF barrel from proof off the shelf vs the $1200 and several months it takes to get a CF Bartlien from Straightjacket. I torched my first 6.5 PRC barrel in a year, having to buy multiples adds up.
How are you getting $700 proof prefits? I want in

Because I can pay $700 and get a CF barrel from proof off the shelf vs the $1200 and several months it takes to get a CF Bartlien from Straightjacket. I torched my first 6.5 PRC barrel in a year, having to buy multiples adds up.
LHGT?

Congrats on this new introduction… Meanwhile, Ted, I've been quietly holding my breath for a micro action, carbon-fiber barrel, AR style magazines, and a lightweight stock from you, something suitable for 6.5 Grendel, 6mm PPC, 5.56 NATO, etc.

• Love
Reactions: zeroz
Ted, I've been quietly holding my breath for a micro action, carbon-fiber barrel, AR style magazines, and a lightweight stock from you, something suitable for 6.5 Grendel, 6mm PPC, 5.56 NATO, etc.
and call it whatever the shot is before the coup de gras.