• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

My sales order popped up 3 hours after my payment went through. Per Jon’s suggestion I sent them an email to confirm and it popped up a little while later so I assume they found it and assigned it.

So are supposed to email if we don't receive the email confirmation but are able to view the order on our portal on the ARC website? Thanks!

What’s the chance a CDG 1.1 is released in 6 months?

My concern when buying any ARC product tbh.
I’m not sure why it matters so much or at all. I have and shoot a pre-order Nucleus unchanged from when I picked it up. Zero issues. I also know that they fully supported anyone that did experience firing pin light strikes, for the asking. It’s just much ado about nothing.

Got through. Order 3343X
I got my CC notice of purchase at 10:12 and my order number is 3693X. Either their system is screwy or you got in way before me. That means they have a lot of preorders! Me thinks this is going to be a popular action!

Reactions: Citxmech
I’m not sure why it matters so much or at all. I have and shoot a pre-order Nucleus unchanged from when I picked it up. Zero issues. I also know that they fully supported anyone that did experience firing pin light strikes, for the asking. It’s just much ado about nothing.
I disagree with this a bit. I have a very early Mausingfield that isn't compatible with current parts. Even parts ordered a couple of years ago weren't compatible with it. Bolt head, firing control, etc.

I can appreciate the concern.

I wonder what the story is with the 0.588" bolt face not control-round feeding? I'm not worried about it too much, but I wondering what the rub might be, and if that indicates any issues with the long action, large diameter, CIP magazines.

I disagree with this a bit. I have a very early Mausingfield that isn't compatible with current parts. Even parts ordered a couple of years ago weren't compatible with it. Bolt head, firing control, etc.

I bet if you emailed them they could get you whatever replacement part you needed. That was Teds promise from the beginning

I bet if you emailed them they could get you whatever replacement part you needed. That was Teds promise from the beginning
I took care of it on my end with a lathe. The FP diameter on the original action was larger than the newer bolt head. Also, the relief cut in the bolt head didn't allow full protrusion of the FP once the hole was enlarged. I don't even think there were revisions to the Mausingfield at this time.

Regardless, I got the CDG email confirmation from ARC so life is good!

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980 and lash
Well i was late to the party, but i just ordered one and the transaction went straight thru, also received the email for ffl all at the same time.

That’s fair.

I’m biased simply because I recognize and appreciate innovation and know that the process is just that, a process. As you point out, it can cause inconvenience to the end user.

Reactions: Carole Baskins
One thing I'd love to see now that Ted has an AW mag optimized action is an ARC AW style mag. I love AW mags, and for all intents and purposes, they're perfect. The only downside is the welded floor plate, so unlike AICS mags, I cant add a mag extension for those pesky 12rnd stages.

Reactions: giumau1
That’s fair.

I’m biased simply because I recognize and appreciate innovation and know that the process is just that, a process. As you point out, it can cause inconvenience to the end user.
I need to reiterate how early my Mausingfield is. I think it was one of the first to hit the streets through LRI.

I also share your bias though. Innovation and improvements aren't bad things. :D

Could you explain whats required for 223?
It's the smallest case size + smallest projectile so it will presumably require the largest cone on the breach to feed correctly.
Aside from that it sounds like you'll need an extended mag latch to run AICS mags for the 223 & I'd recommend Accurate mags. They feed flawless in my ARC Nuke. With a little work the Accurate mags allow 2.540 coal.
With a bunch more work you can get them to run 12 rounds.

Reactions: lash
One thing I'd love to see now that Ted has an AW mag optimized action is an ARC AW style mag. I love AW mags, and for all intents and purposes, they're perfect. The only downside is the welded floor plate, so unlike AICS mags, I cant add a mag extension for those pesky 12rnd stages.
Aw/at mags hold 11, at least mine do. Trace out where the follower sits against the base plate. Cut out the material with a dremel/plasma so the follower can easily pass through. Add an a419 4 shot extension. You now habe a 12rd aw mag. The a419 mag extension is crucial as it follows the aggressive baseplate contour with more offset than all the other extensions. Unfortunately they're long, much longer than say an Altus +2 which I run on all my arc mags.

Is the below a correct understanding?

With a Xylo chassis, the CDG can run AW mags with the longer mag latch from ARC. Could one then use the same chassis/mag latch with a RimX, which has adjustable magazine height?

Placing an order

When placing an order, please hit the Pay Now button only once otherwise you will unintentionally place duplicate orders and that's not good for anyone.

Thank you.

Ted
Thanks Ted.
Quick question: You list an extended mag catch on your site of 0.030" longer. Will this suffice for the AICS mags or, will there be a longer latch in the works to accommodate the Coup?
I'm an international customer & would prefer to order a list of parts I may need to reduce expense & headaches.

Heaven forbid you have to change mags on the clock…MDs used to make 12 round stages to force you to do this, not so you had to buy a mag kit. /soapbox

I’d love to see Ted’s team make a 5 round version that’s shorter for hunting / weight saving.

Reactions: clyancey
Heaven forbid you have to change mags on the clock…MDs used to make 12 round stages to force you to do this, not so you had to buy a mag kit. /soapbox

I’d love to see Ted’s team make a 5 round version that’s shorter for hunting / weight saving.
I believe AI make a five round AW mag.

XLR, MDT, and Hawkins have you covered

Those are all AICS pattern mags right? Link me a 5rnd double stack AW mag if you know of one
Hawkins make AICS flush fit for XLR and MPA chassis
Hawkins makes the aics Hunter mags for Hunter DBM
MDT makes aics chassis mags for their Hnt26

no 5 round AW mags

Hawkins make AICS flush fit for XLR and MPA chassis
Hawkins makes the aics Hunter mags for Hunter DBM
MDT makes aics chassis mags for their Hnt26

no 5 round AW mags
Thanks for the ideas, I’m sure all of those are great for other actions but specifically for the CDG that was made to feed from AW mags they probably aren’t ideal. The presentation of the round to the action is different and they probably won’t contact the action the same way as an AW mag.

I have to say, in thinking about ARC's new action, this is basically the only action I know of which ticks all but one of my boxes.
Now if Ted were to incorporate a quick barrel change system akin to another well known 3 lug design, the Coup would be the rifle action of the century.
Food for thought ahh, food for thought.

Thanks for the ideas, I’m sure all of those are great for other actions but specifically for the CDG that was made to feed from AW mags they probably aren’t ideal. The presentation of the round to the action is different and they probably won’t contact the action the same way as an AW mag.
The lone peak fuzion and tl3 are designed to have proper mag height to run aw mags. This isn't a pioneering moment with aw mags and a 700 clone. The new feat is a 3 lug witg 6 o'clock lug that's about as low of a face you can get for case head presentation. These features will only make it easier. Any chassis with adjustable mag latch will bw sufficient. Xylo, c4, matrix, envy, acc. Hell guys are running aw mags with 700s in the new atx chassis w/o adj latch.