• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Just spoke with Hawkins about their bottom metal. I ordered the CDG SA in 223. So for 223 Hawkins recommends the longer AW latch which only comes on their M5 bottom metal not the hunter version. Since I plan on a 6.5cm barrel in the future and aw mags are available for 6.5cm and Hawkins says use the aw latch for 223 aics mags this is a win win. If you want to use their hunter metal with flush mags they have a 5 rnd 223 which has the shelf for the latch situated to hold the mag higher in the well so basically a custom magazine. But the hunter metal will not take aw mags, it will take aics. I tried calling a few times and was getting there answering machine all of a sudden my phone rings and its Hawkins calling me......pretty awesome service.

Has anyone received there long action CDG haven't been on the thread for awhile amd was just wondering. Mostly cause I've been having issues with me email just sending everything to the delete or spam folder lately and didn't want to miss the email saying mine was waiting on my ffls info.

Has anyone received there long action CDG haven't been on the thread for awhile amd was just wondering. Mostly cause I've been having issues with me email just sending everything to the delete or spam folder lately and didn't want to miss the email saying mine was waiting on my ffls info.
No

So is that what we need to order for the checking if the conical breach?

Anyone have a place to order from that doesn’t charge $10 shipping for a $5 part that weighs nothing.

Any local places that would carry them?

Anyone have a place to order from that doesn’t charge $10 shipping for a $5 part that weighs nothing.

Maybe there’s a Grainger near you. They are second in my list after McMaster. Or Miller Bearing. Both companies that tend to have small local branches.

On the contrary it's a large Ball bearing so can't go first class. So flat rate fees are to be expected.

Reactions: Haney
Just spoke with Hawkins about their bottom metal. I ordered the CDG SA in 223. So for 223 Hawkins recommends the longer AW latch which only comes on their M5 bottom metal not the hunter version. Since I plan on a 6.5cm barrel in the future and aw mags are available for 6.5cm and Hawkins says use the aw latch for 223 aics mags this is a win win. If you want to use their hunter metal with flush mags they have a 5 rnd 223 which has the shelf for the latch situated to hold the mag higher in the well so basically a custom magazine. But the hunter metal will not take aw mags, it will take aics. I tried calling a few times and was getting there answering machine all of a sudden my phone rings and its Hawkins calling me......pretty awesome service.

Doesn't the Hunter Bottom Metal have an adjustable mag catch? or is it more of a tunable for AICS mags? I only ask because I've had to adjust mine before.

1.250" ball bearing weighs way more than nothing . Have you paid for shipping lately ? Bitching about 10 dollar shipping is funny .

1.250" ball bearing weighs way more than nothing . Have you paid for shipping lately ? Bitching about 10 dollar shipping is funny .
Yea that’s true I guess I didn’t think about the weight of a single ball bearing being that much.

Still if I have a local place ill do that. You can buy 100 of them From grainger for $49. So yea paying to ship just one seems kinda meh.

Yea that’s true I guess I didn’t think about the weight of a single ball bearing being that much.

Still if I have a local place ill do that. You can buy 100 of them From grainger for $49. So yea paying to ship just one seems kinda meh.
Amazon . 11$ shipped. Or 2 for 9.50 if you go chrome

Doesn't the Hunter Bottom Metal have an adjustable mag catch? or is it more of a tunable for AICS mags? I only ask because I've had to adjust mine before.
I don't think so or the guy I was talking to would have mentioned it. He specifically said aw mags won't work in the hunter.

Anyone know if an action wrench for the Coup De Garce is the same as the one for the Nucleus/Archimedes actions?

My gun smith only has a 1" ball, so I drew this up for him to spot check.
Untitled.png

I think that us LA buyers have a little bit’O waitin’ to do yet.

The wait for Long Actions should be nearly over. From my prior conversations with the folks at ARC, the first week of June was when the first batches would start shipping. I, for one, sure hope that is the case.

The wait for Long Actions should be nearly over. From my prior conversations with the folks at ARC, the first week of June was when the first batches would start shipping. I, for one, sure hope that is the case.
they haven't even gotten through day 1 orders yet, i cant imagine changing thier production focus, i would say you have a while yet

I received my Mike Lucas Bore Guide today so I'm ready to clean as soon as I actually get a barrel. lol Local gun smith spinning it up.

The bore guides that Mike makes are really nicely done.

I received my Mike Lucas Bore Guide today so I'm ready to clean as soon as I actually get a barrel. lol Local gun smith spinning it up.

The bore guides that Mike makes are really nicely done.
Can you post a picture of the bore guide?

Has anyone heard anything about when we can buy backup bolt assemblies or spare parts and how much they will be? Cant remember anything on this thread but i also miss stuff sometimes...

Has anyone heard anything about when we can buy backup bolt assemblies or spare parts and how much they will be? Cant remember anything on this thread but i also miss stuff sometimes...
Have you looked at the website at all?

Reactions: lash
I looked a couple days ago and didnt find anything for the cdg for spare parts. Is it there and i missed it?

If you need anything that's not listed on the website for any of ARC's actions, download the exploded drawing with part numbers PDF for your action and email them with what you want. They don't have every little part for every action on the website, but they'll get back to you pretty quick with prices, availability, and a total if you email them a list.

Reactions: pingunit
If you need anything that's not listed on the website for any of ARC's actions, download the exploded drawing with part numbers PDF for your action and email them with what you want. They don't have every little part for every action on the website, but they'll get back to you pretty quick with prices, availability, and a total if you email them a list.
Ah, ok. I was more thinking to have a spare complete bolt assembly to swap to if i needed to mid match forwatever reason as well as spare parts to steal from if something broke till i could get a replacement.

anyone have a coup and a Archimedes in hand and can compare bolt lifts to each other for me? wondering which one is lighter and smother thanks

You'll need more than just that to check it.

A depth mic is all that’s needed from a metrology standpoint.

I would say it’s pretty hard to get a repeatable measurement using just a depth mic on a sphere.
The anvil squares up on the shoulder just fine. The measuring face will always be tangent to the ball.

The anvil squares up on the shoulder just fine. The measuring face will always be tangent to the ball.
That will work, but probably not the best practice and not a very reliable way to take a measurement with a depth mic.