• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

If I was ARC, I would stop posting in a place like this the second I saw the level of petty childish bickering that goes on here.

If I was ARC, I would stop posting in a place like this the second I saw the level of petty childish bickering that goes on here.
If you were ARC and were paying the bills, you might be very grateful for a place like this where a few posts launches your new product in a very successful way. Right?

Well I called Bella, super friendly, had her change my order to short action .473 face. Even though I have dies, brass and bullets for .338 lapua. I decided too expensive would rather have something I can afford to shoot.

Used to have a Badger M2008 .338 lapua but sold it to a buddy.

I would imagine they get a few giggles from it, I certainly do......
Of course I have gotten my actions, now if I could just make up my mind on cartridges. :)) (my keyboard doesn't have smiley faces, dammit)

Reactions: pingunit and lash
Just wanted to let everyone know, I called and talked to Ted personally and explained to him how a bunch of people here feel they should get repeated up dates weekly on this thread. He wanted me to pass along, orders are coming in, orders are being fulfilled, and orders are being shipped and delivered.

Most importantly he asked me to pass along, ALL orders placed before July 1, will without a doubt, no matter if you ordered a long action or a left handed rarest of the rare, all will be in hand of those that ordered NLT Octember 1. Hope this clarifies everything for everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I called and talked to Ted personally and explained to him how a bunch of people here feel they should get repeated up dates weekly on this thread. He wanted me to pass along, orders are coming in, orders are being fulfilled, and orders are being shipped and delivered.

Most importantly he asked me to pass along, ALL orders placed before July 1, will without a doubt, no matter if you ordered a long action or a left handed rarest of the rare, all will be in hand of those that ordered NLT Octember 1. Hope this clarifies everything for everyone.
So jul1 is preorder deadline?

I believe first CDG landing in Italy… now the real fun can finally start
IMG_2158.jpeg

I was at my local club match today and a friend let me run a few rounds through his CDG because I want to pick one up and I was really impressed, but he did tell that on a stage when he was closing his bolt and the firing pin followed resulting in a dead trigger. I believe he said it only happened twice, another guy from a different squad also said he had something similar happen. Just seeing if anyone else has came across this and solutions to avoid it. Both are using the pivoting bolt handle, one using a Bin n Andy trigger the other a TT special.

Reactions: FredHammer
I was at my local club match today and a friend let me run a few rounds through his CDG because I want to pick one up and I was really impressed, but he did tell that on a stage when he was closing his bolt and the firing pin followed resulting in a dead trigger. I believe he said it only happened twice, another guy from a different squad also said he had something similar happen. Just seeing if anyone else has came across this and solutions to avoid it. Both are using the pivoting bolt handle, one using a Bin n Andy trigger the other a TT special.

I’ve been running mine dryfiring and have yet to have that issue with a Triggertech. Don’t know what it is as it says special but it’s the 1.5 to 4 pound weight of the primary. The issue could possibly be dependent upon how the trigger hanger was tuned.

Reactions: FredHammer
I believe it was posted earlier that a trigger pull of 1lb or lighter will cause this with the pivoting handle if you want to go that light I believe the non pivoting is the fix

I have a tick over 600rds on mine, plus a shit ton of dryfiring. Pivoting handle with a TT Diamond @ 6oz.
During break-in I had a hand full of light strikes. Never had dead trigger. While getting ready to try a different trigger, I watched Ted's video again and paid attention this time! In my haste to get up & running, I had the striker dropping about .045" on closing.:rolleyes: After resetting the hanger, problem solved. Zero issues since.
I've shot two local matches with it last month, I'm really liking this thing.
The only issue I've had was after a 12rd 90 second stage with a AICS mag. At the next stage using an AW, I jacked the first round out because it felt like it didn't pick one up. I've never run AW's before,they feed like butter.(y)
Also, the ejection pattern is quite dependent on how hard or lazy you run it.

I have about 4500 rounds fired on one of my Archimedes (not including dry firing) with a Bix trigger and have never had a single instance of the firing pin following the bolt when closing. While it's not a CDG, it still has a pivoting bolt handle and no conventional extraction cam so the Archimedes is susceptible to the same issues with light triggers as the CDG.

2 possibilities come to mind...

Too light of a trigger weight (or not enough sear engagement inside the trigger) for the pivoting bolt handle, possibly combined with incorrect trigger timing (a bit of overcocking will exacerbate issues with light triggers and the pivoting bolt handle.)

Not enough engagement between the trigger sear and cocking piece on the bolt. The Bix triggers are kind of unique as they have swappable upper sears. Did they measure the trigger pin to cocking piece distance on their actions and install the appropriate height sear in the Bix? Too low of a sear in the Bix can result in the sear not catching the cocking piece and the firing pin will follow the bolt when closing it.

Last edited:
I have about 4500 rounds fired on one of my Archimedes (not including dry firing) with a Bix trigger and have never had a single instance of the firing pin following the bolt when closing. While it's not a CDG, it still has a pivoting bolt handle and no conventional extraction cam so the Archimedes is susceptible to the same issues with light triggers as the CDG.

2 possibilities come to mind...

Too light of a trigger weight (or not enough sear engagement inside the trigger) for the pivoting bolt handle, possibly combined with incorrect trigger timing (a bit of overcocking will exacerbate issues with light triggers and the pivoting bolt handle.)

Not enough engagement between the trigger sear and cocking piece on the bolt. The Bix triggers are kind of unique as they have swappable upper sears. Did they measure the trigger pin to cocking piece distance on their actions and install the appropriate height sear in the Bix? Too low of a sear in the Bix can result in the sear not catching the cocking piece and the firing pin will follow the bolt when closing it.
Not sure on the sear with the Bix. But I appreciate the feedback!

So anyone have an AW mag and any of the short magnums they could see if they fit? I know they are for the standard short cartridges but am curious if they could be made to work. I have zero experience with AW mags and don’t want to spend 80 bucks just for a test.

I can say my CDG 6mm ARC doesn’t actually CRF out of MDT’s 6mm ARC AICS mags, but I semi expected that.

Sounds like we need someone to start making 223rem and 6ARC true double stack AW magazines.
And extended standard aw mags. If a m14 mag will fit 20 in a true doublestack then why not an aw for a bolt gun? Since so many bags and such things are designed to help clear a aics length mag, why not a extended aw mag with 17rounds or whatever fits in that length? Id buy one or two if it was tested to be reliable as a standard one with 308 and 6.5 cm.

And extended standard aw mags. If a m14 mag will fit 20 in a true doublestack then why not an aw for a bolt gun? Since so many bags and such things are designed to help clear a aics length mag, why not a extended aw mag with 17rounds or whatever fits in that length? Id buy one or two if it was tested to be reliable as a standard one with 308 and 6.5 cm.
I do know that there a couple people working on this very thing, and not in the one or two type production. In the mean time, if you have access to a tig welder, a dynafile, and an Altus 2 round extension, PM me and I can walk you through it.
Adding the Altus 2 round extension will get you 14 rounds.

I do know that there a couple people working on this very thing, and not in the one or two type production. In the mean time, if you have access to a tig welder, a dynafile, and an Altus 2 round extension, PM me and I can walk you through it.
Adding the Altus 2 round extension will get you 14 rounds.
Those are things i would like to own but dont atm. Sounds good though...

I mean, even if it was longer than the 12round mdt aics... the large capacity would be awesome to have at the range or just cuz gophers. Maybe zombies.

@Kiba what sear you running on the BnA in your archimedes? I couldn't get my BnA to run reliably, head quite a few instances wit the cocking piece falling forward on closure. This was set at bout 20oz with medium and high sear. Switched to a TT single stage diamond and it's good to go at 16oz, never one issue. I do really like the BnA and want to install them in the CDG.

Reactions: pingunit
I have a tick over 600rds on mine, plus a shit ton of dryfiring. Pivoting handle with a TT Diamond @ 6oz.
During break-in I had a hand full of light strikes. Never had dead trigger. While getting ready to try a different trigger, I watched Ted's video again and paid attention this time! In my haste to get up & running, I had the striker dropping about .045" on closing.:rolleyes: After resetting the hanger, problem solved. Zero issues since.
I've shot two local matches with it last month, I'm really liking this thing.
The only issue I've had was after a 12rd 90 second stage with a AICS mag. At the next stage using an AW, I jacked the first round out because it felt like it didn't pick one up. I've never run AW's before,they feed like butter.(y)
Also, the ejection pattern is quite dependent on how hard or lazy you run it.
How do you measure striker fall on close?

@Kiba what sear you running on the BnA in your archimedes? I couldn't get my BnA to run reliably, head quite a few instances wit the cocking piece falling forward on closure. This was set at bout 20oz with medium and high sear. Switched to a TT single stage diamond and it's good to go at 16oz, never one issue. I do really like the BnA and want to install them in the CDG.

Per the measurements and chart on bullet centrals website all 3 of my Archimedes need low sears (I only have 1 built and running right now, but I've measured all of them.)

I'm using the 035 cocking piece which has about 0.005 decocking on close and that's about perfect.

I'm running the 2 stage, and the 2nd stage (actual pull weight, as the first stage is just a spring holding the trigger shoe forward until it pivots back and contacts the sear lever) is set for 1#. No issues.

Reactions: Schütze and lash
How do you measure striker fall on close?

Measure the distance from the cocking piece to the back of the bolt shroud with the bolt open, since the CDG is a 100% cock on open action that's the nominal distance for firing pin fall and trigger timing. Then measure the distance with the bolt closed and the firing pin cocked. For zero overcocking or undercocking on close you want no difference in the dimension between bolt open vs bolt closed and firing pin cocked, adjust the trigger hangar as needed.

Per the measurements and chart on bullet centrals website all 3 of my Archimedes need low sears (I only have 1 built and running right now, but I've measured all of them.)

I'm using the 035 cocking piece which has about 0.005 decocking on close and that's about perfect.

I'm running the 2 stage, and the 2nd stage (actual pull weight, as the first stage is just a spring holding the trigger shoe forward until it pivots back and contacts the sear lever) is set for 1#. No issues.
I may have asked you this same question in the past. I had also tried a low sear after yours(or someone else's) suggestion,was still a no go. I am happy with the TT so I'll just put the BnA in my Cous. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: lash
This thread has been a treasure trove of good information. Found in the small cracks between the detours. All in all though, it’s worth reading for the gems of detailed information to be found.

I ordered a RHLA but am now saving my bubble gum money for a small action too. You only live once, right?

This thread has been a treasure trove of good information. Found in the small cracks between the detours. All in all though, it’s worth reading for the gems of detailed information to be found.

I ordered a RHLA but am now saving my bubble gum money for a small action too. You only live once, right?
you sound like me in reverse haha. Got a RHSA and now saving for a RHLA for a 7 PRC

I ordered both at the same time. Still haven't received any yet, but who knows, maybe I'll get a twofer! Not sure what I'm going to do with the RHSA yet, but the RHLA is going to be a 300 PRC in a Cadex chassis for 2300+ yd target shooting. I can hardly wait!!

you sound like me in reverse haha. Got a RHSA and now saving for a RHLA for a 7 PRC

I ordered both at the same time. Still haven't received any yet, but who knows, maybe I'll get a twofer! Not sure what I'm going to do with the RHSA yet, but the RHLA is going to be a 300 PRC in a Cadex chassis for 2300+ yd target shooting. I can hardly wait!!
Im really tempted to sell something and buy a long action for that exact purpose

I ordered both at the same time. Still haven't received any yet, but who knows, maybe I'll get a twofer! Not sure what I'm going to do with the SA yet, but the LA is going to be a 300 PRC in a Cadex chassis for 2300+ yd target shooting. I can hardly wait!!
Which chassis? I didn't think you could use the lite trike or dual strike with the action rail

I'm working with Jamie from Cadex to verify that their Light Competition chassis will work with the CDG. From what I can tell from photos of other customer builds on their site, the CDG should fit just fine. Our biggest concern is the clearance for the trigger hanger, but I don't think that's anything a few minutes on a mill can't rectify if need be. Jamie is pretty cautious, though. He wants to make sure everything fits and operates perfectly before I place the order. They're apparently creating a 3D printed mockup of the CDG from the model ARC provided on their website to do a pre-fit check before they actually have my receiver in their hands to verify for certain. I'm looking at the competition chassis because I like the longer fore-end to get the bipod out as far as possible to improve stability without any additional add-ons. Oh, and the bipod, Elite Iron. Topped with a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 in a SPHUR mount.

I'm looking to use their new Pro buttstock in place of the skeleton one that normally comes with the chassis. We're thinking that should fit without any issues too.

BTW, I believe the action rail is removable on their dual and lite strike chassis.