• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

I'm working with Jamie from Cadex to verify that their Light Competition chassis will work with the CDG. From what I can tell from photos of other customer builds on their site, the CDG should fit just fine. Our biggest concern is the clearance for the trigger hanger, but I don't think that's anything a few minutes on a mill can't rectify if need be. Jamie is pretty cautious, though. He wants to make sure everything fits and operates perfectly before I place the order. They're apparently creating a 3D printed mockup of the CDG from the model ARC provided on their website to do a pre-fit check before they actually have my receiver in their hands to verify for certain. I'm looking at the competition chassis because I like the longer fore-end to get the bipod out as far as possible to improve stability without any additional add-ons. Oh, and the bipod, Elite Iron. Topped with a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 in a SPHUR mount.

I'm looking to use their new Pro buttstock in place of the skeleton one that normally comes with the chassis. We're thinking that should fit without any issues too.

BTW, I believe the action rail is removable on their dual and lite strike chassis.
so i know for the strike pro chassis, for the enclosed forend design, you need a pretty tall scope mount to get the bell of the scope to clear the NV rail, that's why i opted for the Spuhr over that

Reactions: pingunit
This thread has been a treasure trove of good information. Found in the small cracks between the detours. All in all though, it’s worth reading for the gems of detailed information to be found.

I ordered a RHLA but am now saving my bubble gum money for a small action too. You only live once, right?
I didn't know I could call it a small action! That's gold..

so i know for the strike pro chassis, for the enclosed forend design, you need a pretty tall scope mount to get the bell of the scope to clear the NV rail, that's why i opted for the Spuhr over that
Yep, you're correct. The dual strike chassis can handle a pretty large diameter barrel (1.8"), so that's the main reason for needing an extra high scope mount and probably why they provide the action rail with it. The lite competition chassis can handle a straight barrel up to 1.35" diameter (still pretty darn big) but it has a little lower profile for more "normal" height scope rings/mounts. Cadex also offers a low profile NV rail for the lite competition which I intend to order with the chassis so I can use my shooting buddy's Charlie Tarac.

• Love
Reactions: PRSDietitian
🤣🤣🤣

Short action, small action, what’s the difference? 😁

Two good scotches and you too can enjoy the fun. 😉👍🏻😘
Don’t stop at two. I’ll catch up to ya

Reactions: lash
I was at my local club match today and a friend let me run a few rounds through his CDG because I want to pick one up and I was really impressed, but he did tell that on a stage when he was closing his bolt and the firing pin followed resulting in a dead trigger. I believe he said it only happened twice, another guy from a different squad also said he had something similar happen. Just seeing if anyone else has came across this and solutions to avoid it. Both are using the pivoting bolt handle, one using a Bin n Andy trigger the other a TT special.
As the owner of the CDG in question, Following KIBAs advice, I put the medium sear back in the trigger and adjusted the sear engagement and have not been able to get the striker to follow on closing.

As the owner of the CDG in question, Following KIBAs advice, I put the medium sear back in the trigger and adjusted the sear engagement and have not been able to get the striker to follow on closing.

This is interesting, I've had my Deviant with a Bix n Andy TacSport trigger do this randomly a couple of times also. Thanks for posting this @33jeep.

I'm working with Jamie from Cadex to verify that their Light Competition chassis will work with the CDG. From what I can tell from photos of other customer builds on their site, the CDG should fit just fine. Our biggest concern is the clearance for the trigger hanger, but I don't think that's anything a few minutes on a mill can't rectify if need be. Jamie is pretty cautious, though. He wants to make sure everything fits and operates perfectly before I place the order. They're apparently creating a 3D printed mockup of the CDG from the model ARC provided on their website to do a pre-fit check before they actually have my receiver in their hands to verify for certain. I'm looking at the competition chassis because I like the longer fore-end to get the bipod out as far as possible to improve stability without any additional add-ons. Oh, and the bipod, Elite Iron. Topped with a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 in a SPHUR mount.

I'm looking to use their new Pro buttstock in place of the skeleton one that normally comes with the chassis. We're thinking that should fit without any issues too.

BTW, I believe the action rail is removable on their dual and lite strike chassis.
Holy Crap 1800 for the light competition and 2300 for dual strike

What’s an acceptable amount? Just measured and I’ve got .006” fall
With a sample of one & one trigger, I couldn't tell you. With as much drop I had initially, I'm surprised I didn't have a lot more light strikes.
I just adjusted out 'any' movement on bolt closing. (the cocking piece will still sit below flush)
See post #4393 from @Kiba , he gives a better explanation.

Reactions: Rex_Allen
With a sample of one & one trigger, I couldn't tell you. With as much drop I had initially, I'm surprised I didn't have a lot more light strikes.
I just adjusted out 'any' movement on bolt closing. (the cocking piece will still sit below flush)
See post #4393 from @Kiba , he gives a better explanation.
Light strikes are caused by low firing energy, which is affected by many things. Pin weight, fp spring weight, pin fall distance. I prefer to tune my actions to zero cock or decock on close. There should be 240k ish pin fall when properly tuned on most actions. Measure the striker to bolt shroud distance when the actions cocked, the drop trigger, and remeasure. This is your total pin fall.

Reactions: kampr
I'd might do a Cadex Strike Pro before a AT-X aics chassis and I'm generally not a huge fan of some of the Cadex ergos although I did shoot a Cadex 50 bmg and it was surprised how soft shooting it was. Seems like their chassis absorb the recoil better than the older MDT ACC.
also
mlok > dickmod
thumb rest available from factory
already has the folder don't have to wait many months for AI's unobtainium hinge
adjustable mag height latch
Canadian price vs AT-X favors the Cadex. AI stuff is generally a bit overpriced due to the dollar conversion and the distributor pricing.

So question for the action wrench. It seems it fits in nicely, but I’ve never had one that screws into the action as well, are you all installing the screw or just inserting it toile many other internal action wrenches? Hoping to be able to leave the action in the chassis but obviously I’ll do what is suppose to be done properly! After the hornady prc with my 22 Dasher, im pretty sure this will be a 260 or creedmoor…

I kinda thought that might be the case. Was that a typo, or is the keymod style frowned upon?
Keymod "failed" the military's tests where MLOK did not. Everything is headed that way and Keymod is on the way out even if certain companies would like it to be different.

The test @Evintos linked in the next post.👇

Last edited:
I kinda thought that might be the case. Was that a typo, or is the keymod style frowned upon?
It's a juvenile joke. Basically the Keymod slot looks like little cock and balls.

In general, MLOK won the interface system wars (USSOCOM/NSWC-Crane testing showed MLOK was a stronger mounting system). There has probably been more picatinny accessories released in the past 8 years than anything Keymod.

It's a juvenile joke. Basically the Keymod slot looks like little cock and balls.

In general, MLOK won the interface system wars (USSOCOM/NSWC-Crane testing showed MLOK was a stronger mounting system). There has probably been more picatinny accessories released in the past 8 years than anything Keymod.
Thanks guys, my two guns with mounts are both Mlok… what research I did at the time lead me to that system. Guess it was the right choice. And now the reference makes sense. (y) :ROFLMAO:

I think they’re solidly into the early afternoon orders…

• Haha
Reactions: 4O6shootist
I think I know the answer to this but..

For you guys that have other high end actions, LP or Impact etc, is the CDG equal in terms of 'smoothness' and 'bolt lift' or does it feel $400 less?

Reactions: FredHammer

For you guys that have other high end actions, LP or Impact etc, is the CDG equal in terms of 'smoothness' and 'bolt lift' or does it feel $400 less?
You tune how smooth it is via the trigger hanger. Playing around with mine I got the lift quite smooth, but I’m not finding I get that Defiance “bolt lever snaps down” feeling. It feels closer to a TL3 than a Defiance with the same trigger installed, but the CDG still feels better than the TL3.

Reactions: kampr and lash

It's not as smooth as my Defiance but I think that is the level of post machine finishing, not the fundamental design. I suspect the CDG would rival if not surpass the Defiance if it were surface finished to that level. You pay dearly for that polish with the Deviance though. Look back at some of the photos of machining marks that can be seen on the CDG. They are not that pronounced in person but they are there. The digital photos seem to exaggerate the depth/coarseness you see.

In it's price class, not even close, CDG is better. Say CDG vs Aero Solus (I have both here) not even close... and that is same list price on both, same market, both new wonder actions, etc. The Solus can be had for much less $ in reality so it may still have a place but I wouldn't take it over the CDG.

You tune how smooth it is via the trigger hanger. Playing around with mine I got the lift quite smooth, but I’m not finding I get that Defiance “bolt lever snaps down” feeling. It feels closer to a TL3 than a Defiance with the same trigger installed, but the CDG still feels better than the TL3.
I did the Ted video instructional on the cocking on close/open and got it to about 0 resistance, but the bolt lift after hammer drop was/is substantial yet.

My early 16# Nucleus is one of May favorite actions to run, so if the CDG is as good or better, I’ll be quite happy.
Oh for sure. In overall experience, I like my Nuke. I like my 2 Origins a bit better than it (really splitting hairs though). So far I am liking the CDG better than all them. It's tight but really smooth, feeds so great from an AW and bolt close is really easy like the Nuke. The new style bolt knob is awesome too.

2 Nukes!!!!

Wooooot!

No, this! hahaha

1687888145582.jpeg

Well, obviously the cdg has a better bolt lift than the solus. How does a tuned cdg compare to a light spring nuke?
I tuned it following Ted’s video. This is what I’m comparing to the Nukes and SOLUS. Right now the CDG is the heaviest of all.

Just got an email from ARC, my CDG that was ordered on 2/11 just shipped. (Short action, .473 bolt face.)

Yay!

Too bad it has to sit at my FFL for 10 days once I DROS it... Ugh.

Looking forward to assembling it and comparing it with my Archimedes, Impact, and TL3 in about 12 days from now.

Feels lighter in both opening and closing than my TRG - the only other 3 lug I own - and significantly smoother in closing.

Got the action today and assembled a rifle…

Turns out the Timney Remington 700 to stage trigger does not work with the trigger hanger…

The safety definitely hits the trigger hanger:

IMG_0409.jpeg
IMG_0410.jpeg
IMG_0413.jpeg

Reactions: lash