• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

So how do you know which bolt handle you have?
The pivoting handle…pivots. 😂 If you oress your thumb against the bolt shroud to keep the bolt engaged (as if extracting a stuck case) with the handle in cocked position (up), you should be able to actuate the pivoting handle.

I don’t have that problem with a recent TT two stage Special, or at least I don’t think I do.

Pull the safety off and the bolt stop
IMG_7571.gif

I wonder if you could get flats milled into a traditional steel barrel a la AI and effect a barrel change without removing the action from the chassis, or would the Arca/pic/clamps give up?
I’d add action screws into that. Torquing the barrel with the action in the chassis would put sheer load on the action screws.

Fwiw I still haven’t picked my action up and I don’t have any current traditional bolt guns to know what the action screw sizes are.

Bench vise?
More as a machinist's vise. They're not an ideal bench vise since you can't get a fixed jaw ahead of the edge of the bench, but you could bolt a sub plate down to your bench.

I’d add action screws into that. Torquing the barrel with the action in the chassis would put sheer load on the action screws.

Fwiw I still haven’t picked my action up and I don’t have any current traditional bolt guns to know what the action screw sizes are.

1/4"×28.
Your chassis should come with them. For a stock, you might have to source your own from Ace Hardware.

Reactions: lash
Viva La Orange Vice!!!!! Orange vice orange vice uber alles... uber alles....

Anyway... I used to the ARC CDG action wrench with the AREA 419 barrel vice and it worked liked a champ.

Test fired the weapon and it worked great. Performing the barrel break in procedure.

So what is the best vice then?

I like this one from fireball tool, because if a part pisses me off I can smash it into oblivion without too much effort. You can even smash smaller vises in it. Very satisfying.

Highly recommended, although it takes up a lot of bench space and you may have to reinforce your work bench.

2020-11-01-3.png

Has anyone got a 6BR/BRA/dasher to feed reliably with the CDG yet? No luck with the standard AW mag or the HRD kit installed. Also, the MPA Matrix Pro works with the trigger hanger no issues.

Reactions: pingunit
Has anyone got a 6BR/BRA/dasher to feed reliably with the CDG yet? No luck with the standard AW mag or the HRD kit installed. Also, the MPA Matrix Pro works with the trigger hanger no issues.
Glad to hear the Matrix Pro wo our. That’s my plan as well.

I’m curious as well. Planning 6 GT with mine, but similar I suppose.

Check out Project Farm's tests -->

Wasn't actually asking about the best vice. I'm good with what I have for now.
I like this one from fireball tool, because if a part pisses me off I can smash it into oblivion without too much effort. You can even smash smaller vises in it. Very satisfying.

Highly recommended, although it takes up a lot of bench space and you may have to reinforce your work bench.

View attachment 8171960
Seen it. It is awesome. That is a good candidate.
Viva La Orange Vice!!!!! Orange vice orange vice uber alles... uber alles....

Anyway... I used to the ARC CDG action wrench with the AREA 419 barrel vice and it worked liked a champ.

Test fired the weapon and it worked great. Performing the barrel break in procedure.
Reason why I asked what is the ultimate vice in your opinion is because most people think penultimate doesn't mean what it does. It's second last or ultimate minus one.
SmartSelect_20230628_181353_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230628_181508_Chrome.jpg

Glad to hear the Matrix Pro worked out. That’s my plan as well.

I've been running 6GT with a PVA in a Foundation, feeds great with AICS & AW's. The AW's needed some tweaking like most new mags and feed like butter.
Yea I went back tonight and tweaked the AW mag a bit, and took the HRD kit out and it feeds close to 100% now. I was surprised the HRD made it worse. First time running AW mags and after I got it working it is smoooooth.

Reason why I asked what is the ultimate vice in your opinion is because most people think penultimate doesn't mean what it does. It's second last or ultimate minus one.
View attachment 8172114
View attachment 8172115

I'm not sure I believe that anyone actually things penultimate means best/last. I remember learning what the word meant at the age of 14 watching Top Gear and having them talking about the penultimate corner on the test track haha.

I'm not sure I believe that anyone actually things penultimate means best/last. I remember learning what the word meant at the age of 14 watching Top Gear and having them talking about the penultimate corner on the test track haha.
And they were talking about the second last corner.

View attachment 8172114
View attachment 8172115
Nobody gives a shit about your petty bullshit . Shut the fuck up and let the thread continue without your childish ignorance .

So, my ATF denial appeal was successful. Went to pick it up last night, and some basketball Americans had driven a stolen car through the front of the shop and made off with an unknown amount of guns. So it sits in wait for a while longer.

anybody run a AW mag in a MDT ess yet? im either doing a ESS or ACC elite. I would rather do ess to save 500
So I’ve got a bunch of AW mags and a bunch of AICS mags…

I have to say that I like the AW magazines a bit more. I did find that with the MDT elite chassis that I had to adjust the magazine catch.

I also used the Teflon / nylon spacers in the chassis to remove some of the play side to side.

Feeds like a dream though…

dream
[drēm]

NOUN
  1. a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep:
    "I had a recurrent dream about falling from great heights"
    SIMILAR:
    fantasy
    nightmare
    vision
    hallucination
  2. a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal:
    "I fulfilled a childhood dream when I became champion" · "the girl of my dreams" · "they'd found their dream home"