• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Yes

Screenshot_20230702_154741_Chrome.jpg

For those who still need a barrel, or who want another one already, our annual Freedom From The Crown sale is live. It's a rough equivalent of the "free brake" GB we did back in February for the CDG's

Sale code is "FFTC2023"
It’s a damn good deal. I think I spent around $680 after you include tax and shipping and all that stuff.

It’s a damn good deal. I think I spent around $680 after you include tax and shipping and all that stuff.
Yeah, i got a jet blast with that deal then decided to go TBAC can instead and now dont know what to do with the unused jetblast i got...

For those who still need a barrel, or who want another one already, our annual Freedom From The Crown sale is live. It's a rough equivalent of the "free brake" GB we did back in February for the CDG's

Sale code is "FFTC2023"
Thanks! Just placed an order for a 7PRC barrel for my CDG!

Sale code is "FFTC2023"
Damn kicking myself for not waiting and getting the carbon barrel I really wanted. Next time I shall be more knowledgeable!!!

Also, my 6 Creedmoor that just came home looks great!!

I have to say, after taking some time to comb through this action, it absolutely punches above its $900 weight class.
It felt a little draggy on bolt open and close, without a trigger, so I thought perhaps the striker had a burr on it in the area of the shroud. When I took the firing assembly out I wanted to see how the bolt operation felt without any tension and, wow! The bolt will close under its own weight and open effortless and feels buttery smooth.
The striker/cocking piece didn’t have any burrs on it, but what I found was a slightly tight interface between bolt shroud and bolt body. I reinserted the shroud into the bolt body with some Autosol metal polish and lapped the two together. Night and day difference. I don’t recommend it for anyone to just do, and I’m sure I only accelerated what would have happened over hundreds or thousands of cycles, and I assume all responsibility, but wow. I’m a machinist and a tinkerer. It’s in my nature.
Did I mention wow?
Also, I have my hangar setup to have .005” of cock on close and .256” of pin fall. Feels great and I’m sure ignition won’t be an issue.
IMG_6228.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to say, after taking some time to comb through this action, it absolutely punches above its $900 weight class.
It felt a little draggy on bolt open and close, without a trigger, so I thought perhaps the striker had a burr on it in the area of the shroud. When I took the firing assembly out I wanted to see how the bolt operation felt without any tension and, wow! The bolt will close under its own weight and open effortless and feels buttery smooth.
The striker/cocking piece didn’t have any burrs on it, but what I found was a slightly tight interface between bolt shroud and bolt body. I reinserted the shroud into the bolt body with some Autosol metal polish and lapped the two together. Night and day difference. I don’t recommend it for anyone to just do, and I’m sure I only accelerated what would have happened over hundreds or thousands of cycles, and I assume all responsibility, but wow. I’m a machinist and a tinkerer. It’s in my nature.
Did I mention wow?
View attachment 8175394
Not as extreme as what you did, but I sprayed my bolt and inside of the action down with Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner and that alone made a huge difference in the smooth running of the bolt. The more you cycle it the better it's going to get too.

You are also correct in stating that the bolt is draggy without a trigger in it. A properly adjusted trigger made a big difference.

Did I mention wow?
Also, I have my hangar setup to have .005” of cock on close and .256” of pin fall. Feels great and I’m sure ignition won’t be an issue.
View attachment 8175394
What trigger are you running?

So the trigger causes it to be draggy, if not properly adjusted? Or do you mean in general? It causes that issue without having fired a cartridge if inappropriately adjusted?

I’m definitely noticing that the action is a little tight when I fire a cartridge and go to cycle the bolt… so I’m just assuming it needs to break in.

So the trigger causes it to be draggy, if not properly adjusted? Or do you mean in general? It causes that issue without having fired a cartridge if inappropriately adjusted?

I’m definitely noticing that the action is a little tight when I fire a cartridge and go to cycle the bolt… so I’m just assuming it needs to break in.
No, the drag was coming from a bit of friction between the bolt body and shroud.

Reactions: lash
@Tokay444 maybe DLC-ing the bolt body could have the same effect of your shroud polishing? I read DLC is 2 to 5 microns, is nitriding thicker? Friction should change also...

Nitriding is surface treatment that hardens to a certain depth, rather than a coating that builds up. The black colour that forms is oxidation. There could be a slight buildup of that oxidation in the area of .0002”-.0003”. I have effectively polished that oxidation off.

About to order a PVA barrel in 6.5CM, 24"

Hoping to do mostly bench shooting as just getting into bolt actions. Maybe PRS eventually.

Debating between medium palma and marksman contours. Thoughts? Or full send with heavy palma vs MTU / M24

Last edited:
barely a difference between the two. both rather light contours (in today's day) but they shoot decent strings well enough

If you’re only bench shooting, use a bench contour.

I like my MTU from them. I chambered my first barrel as a 6 GT in a straight taper 1.20". realized I need to to back and bench the muzzle because of how the Tbac can and mount interface.

All that to say that I've never had problems with contoured barrels. MTU is plenty thicc

I like my MTU from them. I chambered my first barrel as a 6 GT in a straight taper 1.20". realized I need to to back and bench the muzzle because of how the Tbac can and mount interface.

All that to say that I've never had problems with contoured barrels. MTU is plenty thicc

Need to what?

Last edited:
I’ve never heard the term, “bench the shoulder”.

Reactions: pingunit
Pardon my ignorance, whats a rusty nut cb? I have a tbac cb break on the way...

Reactions: padfoot 37
Reactions: midwestoffroad
I will tell you flat out that it is highly important that all the dimensions are flawless.

I ran into an issue last year we’re rather than using CB mounts I was using the area 419 adapter system, which removes the need for the CB mounts… and they had a run that were slightly out of tolerance (think thousands) and that was enough to cause a baffle strike on the end cap of my ultra9.

Always use an alignment rod to verify nothing is going to hit your suppressor… especially with aftermarket parts.

Last edited: