• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Are there not better places to work weight savings, than at the point of boom?
Yeah. I ended up just ordering a CDG. I’m going to put it in a HNT26 save weight there. PVA prefit. Now just trying to decide on a good reliable trigger that I won’t need to modify.

Yeah. I ended up just ordering a CDG. I’m going to put it in a HNT26 save weight there. PVA prefit. Now just trying to decide on a good reliable trigger that I won’t need to modify.
I've been running TT diamond and a BnA tac sport on my pair of CDG w/o issue. I did have to modify the hanger for the BnA to clear, but believe they've fixed that now.

I’ve tried:

- ACC Premier
- ACC Elite
- MPA BA Comp

All work without modification.

- Foundation Centurion requires slight relief for the bolt release and the ejection port is not long enough aesthetically.
My Centurion inlet is perfect.

IMG_6225.jpeg

I've been running TT diamond and a BnA tac sport on my pair of CDG w/o issue. I did have to modify the hanger for the BnA to clear, but believe they've fixed that now.
Ted say in the mags, breach video around the 2 minute mark that the TT diamond is a sensitive trigger. It sounded like because it could be set so light that could cause problems. So I’m assuming it’s good to go if you just run at a reasonable pull weight? which to me would be 1.5-2#. Anyone have insight on that?

Ted say in the mags, breach video around the 2 minute mark that the TT diamond is a sensitive trigger. It sounded like because it could be set so light that could cause problems. So I’m assuming it’s good to go if you just run at a reasonable pull weight? which to me would be 1.5-2#. Anyone have insight on that?
My thoughts on triggers are the same as optics. I try to choose a trigger where the weight I want is towards the middle of the adjustment range. TT sells other triggers if you want #2. Otherwise I would try it at a pound and see what happens. The only reason I that ever see mentioned for going with a heavy trigger, is in a situation where you're running hard and fast like in a competition. Otherwise I think in hunting or target applications you could just run a light trigger.

Reactions: Thauglor
I can't remember the specific pull weight, but it was something around 10oz and below that the striker drop issues started cropping up when running the bolt hard.

Edit to add - there is enough adjustment range that you can conduct the simple test of setting pull weight to where you want it, then slam bolt forward and closed to see if the striker drops. No need for ammo. If it drops, increase pull weight until it doesn't and add a few ounces for some margin.

Reactions: VandelayIndustries
Run my diamond at 16oz, roughly same feel as BnA. No issues. Also run a diamond in my Archimedes at 16oz no issues.

Correct.

Reactions: pingunit
What are the thoughts for this action for a dedicated 223 shooting platform for PRSesque activities? I'd read through the whole thread and there seems to be a few successful applications for 223 (feeding wise) but maybe some concerns with 223AI (don't like to be fed slow?). I'd read that I'd be working with AICS mags because there isn't a 223 AW mag. This would be going into a MDT ACC premier chassis so there might be some mag catch tweaking?

I couldn't rule out one day swapping barrels and bolt heads to something 6mm (creed or GT) that would feed from an AW mag, but its a less likely thing.

Just wondering if, as much as I like this action and the price for value, if there would be a more suitable action knowing i'll be shooting 223 from an AICS. Or if I should just lose my desire to shoot 223 in PRS.

Thanks
Bob

I just picked up my left handed action from the FFL. I got the 223 bolt head and a 223 barrel from PVA. Might try and put the barreled action together this weekend. Still waiting on a BA Comp chassis.

Anybody running the Triggertech Primary in their CDG? I don’t need anything super light so I was thinking about going with the Primary to save a few bucks if it’ll still run down to 1.5lbs… thanks in advance

Reactions: M0AR
Anybody running the Triggertech Primary in their CDG? I don’t need anything super light so I was thinking about going with the Primary to save a few bucks if it’ll still run down to 1.5lbs… thanks in advance
I don’t have one in my CDG, but I do own one and like it, but the Special just feels so much nicer to me.

I don’t have one in my CDG, but I do own one and like it, but the Special just feels so much nicer to me.
Thanks Lash, nicer as in lower pull weight, smoothness? Just trying to see if the Special would be worth the upgrade when set to the same weight

Reactions: lash

I am. Feels just like my buddy's Specials but a tad heavier. All my rifles have Primary's in them as I'm a 1.5 lb guy.

Got my lefty today as well. It has the version 2 of the hanger with the relieve cuts.

Not in my CDG, but I had one and it felt just like my Specials.

I am. It runs just fine at a steady 1.8 - 2lb pull. I don't like 2 stage triggers. Gimme that wall right off the bat.

Thanks Lash, nicer as in lower pull weight, smoothness? Just trying to see if the Special would be worth the upgrade when set to the same weight
To me, it feels smoother at 1.5 than my primary. But triggers, like many other things, are somewhat of a subjective and purpose driven personal choice.

I still like and prefer my Timney triggers in a few rifles. Fudd city.

Order details?
No order details to give as such.
The action I ended up with was one of a larger order arranged by a Hide member from Australia.
It was just a fortunate turn of circumstances that I happened to mention in one of my posts here on the Hide that a previous arrangement I had with a dealer here in Australia had fallen through & he mentioned that he had a shipment of actions on the way to Australia & asked me if I was interested. I don't know any of the particulars of what was ordered other than the CDG I have has a 473 bolt head, red trigger hanger, red round ball bolt knob, fluted bolt body& that I'm very happy I got one.

@Tokay444 and @Hennig - what was your Centurions originally inlet for?

@GBMaryland bought this from another fella. Can't remember what it was inlet for originally from Foundation but it wasn't a CDG specific inlet. Stock was made prior to CDG being issued, I believe.

Cheers

I still like and prefer my Timney triggers in a few rifles. Fudd city.
@GBMaryland has a Timney Remington 2 Stage Light that he has in a CDG and seems to feel that the bolt lift/drop is a bit smoother with it than with the TT Special 2 stage. I've felt both in his guns mounted in a vise in his gun room and agree..... but it is a very small difference and one I don't think I'd notice actually shooting.

I believe that @TheOE800 has also run GB's bolts with both triggers and felt the same small difference....er, maybe??

Anyone else order their action and barrel from Preferred Barrel Blanks? I ordered one, their standard lead time is stated as 10-12 weeks, but their website says if you buy an action and barrel the order is expedited. I can't find a quote anywhere on what the expedited lead time is.

I'm being patient, I'm just curious how long that usually is.

Anyone else order their action and barrel from Preferred Barrel Blanks? I ordered one, their standard lead time is stated as 10-12 weeks, but their website says if you buy an action and barrel the order is expedited. I can't find a quote anywhere on what the expedited lead time is.

There’s a post from today in the CDG builds thread where someone says it took their barrel from PBB 3 months. That’s not unrealistic for a custom barrel order.

ETA: your best answer will come directly from PBB. Give them a call.

@GBMaryland has a foundation that was originally inlet for an Impact, modified for a Defiance, then modified for a CDG.
@GBMaryland has a Timney Remington 2 Stage Light that he has in a CDG and seems to feel that the bolt lift/drop is a bit smoother with it than with the TT Special 2 stage. I've felt both in his guns mounted in a vise in his gun room and agree..... but it is a very small difference and one I don't think I'd notice actually shooting.

I believe that @TheOE800 has also run GB's bolts with both triggers and felt the same small difference....er, maybe??
I bought a Timney to try and I’d say it’s a bit better than the TT Special. Whatever @GBMaryland has going on with his sear relationship is even mo’ betta than my install though.

Reactions: Baron23 and lash
On the subject of triggers, I've purchased a Bix n Andy TacSport Pro-X a couple days ago.
A quick Q for those who've installed that trigger; Is the "low sear" the best option for the CDG?

Well, you call yourself Grumpy, so how are we to know? 😁😁
You know, this explains why he will never let me into his house…. he doesn’t want me to see all the other dwarves!!!!!

<click>

It’s all so clear to me now….

Last edited:
  • Haha
On the subject of triggers, I've purchased a Bix n Andy TacSport Pro-X a couple days ago.
A quick Q for those who've installed that trigger; Is the "low sear" the best option for the CDG?

According to the chart on bullet centrals website any of the Bix sears will work with the CDG, but the medium sear is in the middle of the engagement range and would be the best choice for the CDG. Middle sear usually comes installed on a Bix.

Of course, that's provided the newest design trigger hangers with the locating tabs on the hangar itself don't have a different trigger pin to sear height measurement than the initial "pointy pin" smooth sided trigger hanger, which is the only one I've measured. If you want to be sure, measure your action and look at the chart on bullet centrals website.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
According to the chart on bullet centrals website any of the Bix sears will work with the CDG, but the medium sear is in the middle of the engagement range and would be the best choice for the CDG. Middle sear usually comes installed on a Bix.

Of course, that's provided the newest design trigger hangers with the locating tabs on the hangar itself don't have a different trigger pin to sear height measurement than the initial "pointy pin" smooth sided trigger hangar, which is the only one I've measured. If you want to be sure, measure your action and look at the chart on bullet centrals website.
Wait when did the trigger hanger change? Just the screw?

Wait when did the trigger hanger change? Just the screw?

Design change was at least a month ago.

The new hangers lose the protruding pointy pins and instead now have protruding retaining tabs on the trigger hanger itself to retain the trigger hanger into the action. New hangers are also machined with additional clearance for the safety lever.

There's pics of the new trigger hanger quite a few pages back. Older actions do not have the necessary cuts to use the new trigger hanger, but in the picture that was posted it appears the newer actions have cuts for both the newer trigger hanger with the tabs as well as the angled cuts for the older hanger with pointy pins.

I've not heard of anyone ordering action and prefit. Given the actions are still on backorder, expediting sounds like a fiction. Plan to wait 12 weeks. My Preferred Barrel was close to that. Be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner. No point in calling or emailing - you won't find anything out about date. When your barrel goes into production, you'll get an email. It will arrive about 2 weeks after.

I've not heard of anyone ordering action and prefit. Given the actions are still on backorder, expediting sounds like a fiction. Plan to wait 12 weeks. My Preferred Barrel was close to that. Be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner. No point in calling or emailing - you won't find anything out about date. When your barrel goes into production, you'll get an email. It will arrive about 2 weeks after.
There are a few companies that ordered actions the first day. A couple have already been selling them.