• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coup De Grâce, New Action from American Rifle Company, $899 WOW!

Assembling cdg long action in Manners LRH stock with bdl bottom metal with extended Wyatt box magazine.

Stock needed to be inlet to clear the trigger hanger. Not a big deal.

A bigger deal is the Wyatt box hits the trigger hanger. Only solution seems to be to inlet the box at the bottom to clear the hanger.

Anyone experience this?
I called American Rifle. Super helpful but I was told BDL bottom metal won't work with the the long action.

Great. Now I need new bottom metal.

What has everyone run successfully? I prefer 3 to 5 round magazines. AICS CIP American Rifle says.

Thanks for the help.

Yes stupid law!!!

Funny how you say that on package because my Arc Nucleus came in a foam cut out with box fit nice my dad ordered one and was wrapped with a cloth paper in a box. But excited to see it and what you think
I was looking at post #6,330 and his action had the laser foam and all. Mine was in a large box with butchers paper wrapped around it lol.

I was looking at post #6,330 and his action had the laser foam and all. Mine was in a large box with butchers paper wrapped around it lol.
It’s a looong action, it comes with ‘Thunder Down Under’ deluxe package.

Couldn't find it in this thread and I'm sure ARC doesn't want another email. Anyone know what the bolt body is made of ?

I am building 2 rifles. I finally have the stocks and actions. HNT26 in short and long action. I am finding issues with mags. The mag latch isn’t latching. On the long action I purchased their new polymer mags and those appear to be rubbbing as well. I called MDT and they are sending different length mag latches, but has anyone else experienced this?

I have my short action and needed either the -2 or -2.5mm latch to get AICS mags to latch, like you they sent out the range of latches so I could pick the one that fits best. Once I did that they work perfectly.

This post also reminded me that I need to swap mag latches again as I got a second HNT and switched the new one with the modified one on my CDG.

Reactions: goatsie
My mags latch just fine but I am having feeding issues with my 7prc in the MDT ACC LA chassis. I am using the 3.850 mdt mags as that is what fits the chassis. My rounds sometimes kick out the back of the magazine.

Reactions: pingunit
My mags latch just fine but I am having feeding issues with my 7prc in the MDT ACC LA chassis. I am using the 3.850 mdt mags as that is what fits the chassis. My rounds sometimes kick out the back of the magazine.

Few posts up covered this.

Seems as though the rounds dont clear the bottom of the action when loaded to mag length.

Few posts up covered this.

Seems as though the rounds dont clear the bottom of the action when loaded to mag length.
He’d have to be loading them hella long for them to be loaded mag length.

1704481668849.jpeg

really? like just grab a pair of pliers and go to town? hell, i can do that. Thank you!
Well optimally you want to make sure that only the lip gets moved, but yes, that’s the general idea. There is a feed lip tool on the market somewhere.

Okay, I guess now there a number of companies offering feed lip adjustment tools. Here’s a simple one that works.

I am building 2 rifles. I finally have the stocks and actions. HNT26 in short and long action. I am finding issues with mags. The mag latch isn’t latching. On the long action I purchased their new polymer mags and those appear to be rubbbing as well. I called MDT and they are sending different length mag latches, but has anyone else experienced this?
I am building a 28 nosler using a manners ph stock with Hawkins m5 bottom metal and a MDT 300wm aics magazine. I actually tried a few different mags, but they all had the same problem. Like yours, the mag didn't latch. I realized the top of the magazine was hitting the bolt and not allowing the magazine to seat high enough to latch or feed. The bullet would just jam into the feed ramp. I took a dremmel and removed material from the top of the magazine until it would seat and the bolt no longer dragged on the top of the magazine. It now feeds great. Unfortunately I now have dedicated magazines instead of being able to use any magazine I have.

Looks like it saves 6-8oz depending on action length. I think I like the looks of the "target" model better.

Looks like the weight saving came from chopping the rail down?

So how many orders deep are we on the lightweight? I jumped on as soon as I got the email and ordered lol short action mag bolt face. 7 saum or 25 prc in my future I think!

@karagias , Ted, is the split rail spaced such that the distance between the front and rear rail sections is true to / consistent with a solid picatinny rail‘s dimensions?

Last edited:
On one hand I like the look and the weight savings, on the other hand I’m not sure any of my current scopes would fit on the rails as set there.

It looks like Harvey Dent.

I'm glad someone is willing to at least try to break the mold. But I'd take the 6-8oz.

ETA: The LA Origin comes in at 1.9lbs (31oz), the OG LA CDG comes in at 2.4lbs (38.4oz) , the Lighweight LA CDG 1.875lbs (30oz).

Explains my surprise when I picked up my action. That thing is Thicc, and feels like a Lapua sized action.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 357Max
Interesting but it seems like a niche market item to me, maybe there is more demand in the lightweight hunting market than I'm aware of.

A rimfire action would have been more interesting to me at this point in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: xxerexx
@karagias , any chance you’ll be adding a BDL compatible variation in the future? I still ordered two… and it seems the market is going the route of DBM... but I’m sure there are a few who would love a BDL option. (Myself included)

CDG, PVA osprey barrel 1:7, vision chassis, Schmidt, 6–36x56…

Unlike all of the other chassis the vision is the only one that did not require modification for my length of pull. Literally the most adjustable out of the box and required no additional purchases to get it to fit. (Compared to an MPA BA competition, centurion, MDT ACC premier, and MDT ACC elite… all of which requires significant modification to get to the same place as what comes out of a box with a vision.)

View attachment 8227918
Would the XLR Element 4.0 magnesium chassis need modification for the ARC Coup De Grace action? Also, how does the CDG action compare to other companies?

For all of you who have the CDG action, how has it been and how does it compare to other actions from other companies? Is it worth the money to go with an aftermarket action or with a Tikka T3x action for my rifle build?

It looks like Harvey Dent.

I'm glad someone is willing to at least try to break the mold. But I'd take the 6-8oz.

ETA: The LA Origin comes in at 1.9lbs (31oz), the OG LA CDG comes in at 2.4lbs (38.4oz) , the Lighweight LA CDG 1.875lbs (30oz).

Explains my surprise when I picked up my action. That thing is Thicc, and feels like a Lapua sized action.
The other option for a light weight action without going to titanium is the Defiance Classic, also 30 ounces in long action but with a full length rail.

Look no where else and buy one. /done
Yes, but.

Expect to do some modification to most traditional stocks for the trigger hanger. Not a big deal, but modifications are needed.

If you want to run the CDG action in a chassis with an adjustable magazine catch release or different length catch releases available, yes. If you want bdl, not yet. If you want Hawkins Hunter bottom metal, nope. The adjustable trigger hanger is wonderful but complicates the choice of bottom metal in a traditional stock.

All this will get sorted out, but we're not there yet in my view.

Yes, but.

Expect to do some modification to most traditional stocks for the trigger hanger. Not a big deal, but modifications are needed.

If you want to run the CDG action in a chassis with an adjustable magazine catch release or different length catch releases available, yes. If you want bdl, not yet. If you want Hawkins Hunter bottom metal, nope. The adjustable trigger hanger is wonderful but complicates the choice of bottom metal in a traditional stock.

All this will get sorted out, but we're not there yet in my view.
Or maybe this is not the droid that you’re looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: pingunit and Ichi
Anybody know where the ball bolt knob comes from? It’s not available separately on ARC’s website so I’m thinking it may be a separate mfg. Sent an email to ARC but thought y’all might know