• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couple new Savage rimfires coming out...

Re: Couple new Savage rimfires coming out...

Ill be in for the first one. Atleast the stock for the HMR i have now.

i did search the net. i found an interesting thread in a forum about these rifles. but, it was this thread, lol. no info otherwise, just a thread in the optics talk board

Sorry, axeman after seeing your signature video, I forgot what the subject was!!!

Is the action and barrel the same as a plain ol mark 2, except for the flutes? Did they just flute it and add a new stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking #1 with an SS 10X, that would make a VERY nice trainer. </div></div>

+1. im on the same page as you.

Yep. I have my old original SS10x42 that I was about >this< close to giving away to one of the boys... then I saw these rifles come up, and I decided it might have a use after all (it's been kind of my 'backup backup' scope for a while now. nothing wrong with it other than not as cool as my other options)

I'm liking the TR model, can't wait to see how they actually perform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p620346</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea if they will also be available in LEFT handed versions? </div></div>

No idea but for a re-sale point it will limit you to potential buyers. Im a lefty and learn to shoot right handed guns.

The new tactical stocked rifle looks like a Choate.

It has there "color" to it and same shape as the Tactical stock.

Just saying.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mark 2 - TRR's are $380 wholesale. i wouldn't pay to high over the $4000 mark. Just an FYI... </div></div>

Would you happen to know the price for the TR in .22lr?

gentlemen and ladies, the Savage web site was down last night. its back up and all new. they have these rifles on the site. $469 msrp for the MII TR, $539 for the TRR.

Hey UPDATE on these new rimfires from Savage.Their website is updated with all the new models and specs are out.AND these new rimfires have WOOD STOCKS that are simply painted black.That sucks! I like the 22" fluted barrels but I'm not so sure about the stocks,I'd still want one in a real Manners or McMillan.

I sure am glad I didn't order one. Just when I thought they were making a decent stock for the Mark II finally, it ends up being wood, oh well. Guess I will keep saving for a Manners.

whats wrong with wood? i gave my g/f some and she seemed to like it. you can always restock it. but the manners will cost more than the whole rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, axeman after seeing your signature video, I forgot what the subject was!!! </div></div>

hypnotic isnt she??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gentlemen and ladies, the Savage web site was down last night. its back up and all new. they have these rifles on the site. $469 msrp for the MII TR, $539 for the TRR.</div></div>

for that much, i'd lay down the $ on a cz, and get a more accurate, more "centerfire feel" rimfire....and that's coming from a HUGE savage fan.

unless they did some mechanical accuracy improvements, and not just "cool looking", i'll have to pass on them. seems odd they didn't use synthetic on the tr and trr?

I'm with TP. Read on the Savage website that those "tacticool" stocks are painted wood.
So you re-program the NC-mill to a different profile for the outside stock shape, paint it black-ti-cool and raise the price about 50%. CZ just found a new customer.

The wood stock is dissapointing, it can't cost that much more to start out with a synthetic stock in the first place can it?

Well,

Dependent on what type of wood or laminate it is, might not be a bad deal.

Just the cost is a little high.

John

It's not that anything's wrong with wood..I just think they went thru all this nonsense ( black out the rifle,tactical shape and look stock)for cosmetics.Don't get me wrong, I happen to like Savage's,but they were SO CLOSE to sitting at the top of the rimfire pile with this.Seems like they could have just as easily done a nice composite/precision stock, and even if it was a little higher price it would have been a bullseye.

I was actually more concerned about a flimsy plastic stock.

I don't see anything wrong with wood on these rifles. They're only 22's. Wood should work fine. Wood laminate would be even better.

The price needs to come down for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the first. The second is a little bit too tacticoolish for my taste.
I wish they'd make them more iron/match sight friendly.
</div></div>

I believe they're releasing the TR in an FCP option (I believe that's the one with the peep sights). Either way, it's a factory option.

Ok, if these are just painted wood what laminated stock that is already available would provide the same shape/handling characteristics Richard's, Sharp Shooter Supply or is there another choice I have missed?

Jason

At least they fixed the screwed up ergos of the wooden stocked rifles they have . The comb has been brought up nice and high knowing full well your going to mount a scope on that bad boy and the fore-end appears to be much wider and a nearly vertical grip like my A3 .

My only gripe would be that they don't seem to be able to make up their mind as to whether it should have a butt hook or not and it only has one sling stud mounted forward .

I agree completely Michael, I just want it in a nice laminate if it is made from wood. I can easily add an extra sling swivel or even flush cups myself.

Savage if your listening, let someone make these in laminiates.

I want that last one. The 93R17 BSEV. I'm a lefty and that stock is confortable for anyone.

I'm a little disappointed now. The guys on this post really got me going and I want to build a Tactical Trainer like some of the awesome pics on this forum. When I saw that the Savage going to offer the MII TR with the Acutrigger and tactical stock I figured I could save some money by not having to put a trigger or stock on right away and with the savings I could put better optics and accessories on it. I love some guns with wood stocks but for my Tactical Trainer I want a composite stock. Oh well I guess I will have to go back to my original plans with my dream gun being a Sako Quad in .22 LR with the heavy barrel or if I can't get that then a CZ 452 Varmint with the heavy barrel then outfit them with a new stock. It really sounded like Savage was getting things right.

It is a bummer specifically because they went for a copy of the McMillan stock. If they wanted to go in this direction with their Mark II why didn't they just have McMillan provide them a stock option like on their 10fcp?

If they would've put a McM stock on the TR I would already have mine on order!!!!! Been on the net all morning and I really do like the Sako Quad. You can easily and cheaply change the bolt handle and trigger guard out. I think I will have to pay a visit to GunCenter today.

If they used a MCM stock it would cost double what these are. I thought it was a Choate at first but a well shaped wood stock, especially if its laminate, is a good choice.

I like the TR, but I have a BV with the accutrigger and it is very accurate. I think it's previous incarnation was the LV minus this trigger. It almost looks to me like some people at Savage had a brainstorming session about what to do with too many actions when FV and BV models weren't selling? Are they going to drop these models like Remington did with the 597HB laminated?

Here's mine

savage_001.jpg

The BRJ looked a lot better on the website than in person. Way too "fruity", especially with that screwdriver-looking barrel. Even my wife didn't like it.

The TR is cool, wish it came in .22 WMR also.

Guys over at rimfirecentral.com said the TR stock would be available in 4-5 weeks

Don't know yet. Due to getting slammed with all this snow I have yet had time to take it to the range. I am waiting on a one piece base from EGW also.

I picked up 8 different types of .22lr to run thru it. I will post a range report once get a chance to get to the range.

Just ordered one today for $403 along with a Mueller APT. I was told two weeks when I asked Last week but couldn't get down to pay for it til today and now its on backorder. Considering its been snowing for a month straight and doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon I can wait.

BTW, the RFC guys say the stock is a Boyds Laminate. I'm sure an FV with a Richards or Chris Wallis (sp?) stock would be the same thing aside from the bolt handle and the fluted barrel as well end up costing the same.

I picked up a TR in .17HMR for $420 out the door in a local shop. The rifle feels very good in the hands. The stock is a laminate and is very solid. I am not sure if Savage changed the low setting on the Accu Trigger but the trigger in this TR is much lighter then my 93r17 BTV. When it quits snowing and I can get off of work when the sun is still up I will get out and shoot it. I put a Mueller 8-32x44mm scope in Burris rings on a Rimfire tech mount on mine.

Herr Baer
Is that bolt knob stock ?
Anyone shoot theirs yet?
Never had this action - how does it do when worked vigorously?
Feeding issues?
I like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys over at rimfirecentral.com said the TR stock would be available in 4-5 weeks </div></div>

They didn't happen to mention cost, did they?

I took a look at the forums, and couldn't find anything about the stock . . . But I couldn't find the search function either, so who knows . .

Yes the bolt knob is stock. All I added was the bi-pod and scope.