• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couple quick Eberlestock Gunslinger II (newest model) Qs

Hurlow

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
South of Chicago
So I’ve narrowed my rifle carry bag down thanks in past to info on the forum, but still have two quick questions for Eberlestock Gunslinger II owners that I haven’t seen addressed.

1-How is the pattern and the rifle scabbard? Sufficient for some abuse with a pretty expensive rifle/scope combo?

2- is buying the raincover pretty necessary? I assume the pack and scabbard must not be too waterproof if it’s a recommended accessory- I also assume their rain covers the full scabbard too- right?
Thanks for any help.

I have one and it is very durable. Holding up well. Seems very thick down it the bottom where the barrel goes, I’m sure it could be reinforced with leather if you found it to be insufficient. Being how the rifle is sandwiched between the main compartment and your back, the rifle seems very protected.
I do not have the rain cover but the website description says it cover the pack and weapon, or just the pack if you want the weapon accessible.

Reactions: Hurlow
I have one and it is very durable. Holding up well. Seems very thick down it the bottom where the barrel goes, I’m sure it could be reinforced with leather if you found it to be insufficient. Being how the rifle is sandwiched between the main compartment and your back, the rifle seems very protected.
I do not have the rain cover but the website description says it cover the pack and weapon, or just the pack if you want the weapon accessible.
Thanks! Very helpful. Does the problem with removing the rifle from the scabbard seem to have been fully resolved with the new version? (E.g., https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/question-for-gunslinger-ii-users.201112/