• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cover Songs.

Plenty of times, a song comes out and even has some popularity. When this song came out, I couldn't really get into it. Then I saw this cover and the song clicked for me, for some reason. After liking this cover, I began to like the original.

Plenty of times, a song comes out and even has some popularity. When this song came out, I couldn't really get into it. Then I saw this cover and the song clicked for me, for some reason. After liking this cover, I began to like the original.

Jim Carey is an utter dick...and he can't sing for shit....well, IMO! haha

Reactions: Ronws
UB-40 and Chrissie Hynde did a bang up job on this....but I personally think Ms. Hynde has one of the best and def the sexiest female voice in rock and roll.

Reactions: 37L1
Every cover of every Bob Dylan song I’ve ever heard was better than the original.

The guy sings like shit, his guitar playing is “meh” at best and whoever gave that sunuvabitch a harmonica should be drawn and quartered.

Same (to a lesser extent) with Leonard Cohen.

Great songwriters and lyricists, but you’re out of your mind if you think their performances (recorded or otherwise) do their songs justice.
very true, great song writer, shit singer

Hendrix's cover was amazing as was SRV's cover of Hendrix's Voodoo Chile

Reactions: BCP
say what you want about Hootie, but they were great live (saw them 4 or 5 times) and this cover is as good if not better than the original

Reactions: Duc
besides the eye candy, a damn good cover, and they did some others as well, including metaliica

Kennedy Center Honors tribute to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven with the Wilson sisters and an All Star Band including the original drummer's son. The reactions of Page and Plant are excellent. The first 2 minutes are mostly just the Wilson sisiters, then they keep adding musicians and singers. Warning for those are may be triggered, a few snippets of some anti-gunners shown.

I'm prejudiced about this song. I saw The Ike and Tina Turner Revue do this live in 1971 or 1972 at the University of Missouri. The warmup band was Linda Ronstadt. Ike and tina were from St. Louis and their equipment truck broke down making their performance a little late, he came out on the stage and apologized and said they would make it up to us, and man they did. This is the PG Version of Proud Mary. Tina gave the more R Rated version. For the guitar players you may notice Ike broke his high E string and changed it on stage while singing, but had it redy for the guitar solo.

One of my favorite covers.

Also surprised there's no Puddles links yet. Well, maybe not suprised but dudes voice is second to no one.

Jim Carey is an utter dick...and he can't sing for shit....well, IMO! haha
I agree. He can be a bit of a creep. I think my point was too subtle. My bad. His take is off pitch in most places and like the movie "Liar, Liar," he is overacting. But it was a very punk feel and that helped me understand the original artist approach and like that song when I did not like it before.

On the converse, I, like most people, first heard "Broken Hallelujah" in the Jeff Buckley cover. Then I heard the original recording from Leonard Cohen. That was horrible. And so, it confirmed that the cover was better than the original, in that case. Like most any song written by Bob Dylan.

Reactions: Baron23
One of my favorite covers.

Also surprised there's no Puddles links yet. Well, maybe not suprised but dudes voice is second to no one.

I first found him on post modern jukebox. I don't get the clown thing at all, but the guys voice is fantastic.

Reactions: Austan