• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote Attack!

He cant CCW? I mean eff it I probably would after being attacked. That is pretty gnarly fighting off three Coyotes...he is lucky he got away with just those wounds.

A growing problem as food source is diminishing and fear of humans is diminishing. We had several attacks on dogs on a leash, one human wolf kill. Their numbers have to be brought down to sustainable natural food source and their fear of humans has to go up.

Were the yotes hungry and attacked the first viable food course they came across? Were they chasing another animal and the human happened to distract their attack to him? Or a fun kill? Was the human walking with headphones on in lalla land or aware and sharp to his surroundings?

I got tracked by a pack wolves years ago for about 100 yards as I caught sight of them in the brush. A big dark wolf came right out of the brush up to me, I saw 2 more wolves just behind him and at least 2 more in the shadows. I made myself look bigger or as big as possible with my pack over my head, yelled and they stared me down but ran off. A little further down, they jumped a moose calf and killed it. I believe I ran across their stalk and got between the moose and wolves, they go confused with scent and sight, and me lucky. Scared me more than any bear encounter mostly because it was over a longer time period and I had time to see the pack slither in the shadows and brush, and think, bears are quick, you react then think.