• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Coyote triple

T-Hoe

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Marion, IL
Early this morning I had a great hunt when I called in three coyotes. I was able to kill all three on my first set. they were called in on mouth blown calls. the first one received his gift at 75 yds, the second at 97yds, third at 153yds. They were shot with my .223AI AR loaded with 69 match kings.
100_0538.jpg

Re: Coyote triple

NICE! Damn yotes are thick here in IL always good to see some get wacked!

I'm always at a loss as to what you do with them after you shoot and photograph?

I've read some leave 'em there to be scavanged...what else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: valise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm always at a loss as to what you do with them after you shoot and photograph?

I've read some leave 'em there to be scavanged...what else? </div></div>
skin em, and stretch em... cant beat 65 bucks for a nice white heavy... especially when you put over 50 down a year.

Awesome. Can you tell us what type of call, like jackrabbit/puppy/etc.? I need some tips on getting better at calling!

I do my howling with a sceery diaphragm and a small megaphone, and my distress with open reed calls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do my howling with a sceery diaphragm and a small megaphone, and my distress with open reed calls.</div></div>

Thanks T-Hoe. I have that sceery diaphragm howler (may be the same one) and will have to practice more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NICE! Damn yotes are thick here in IL always good to see some get wacked! </div></div>

I wish I had that problem! The only time I see good coyotes is when I'm hunting for something else.

That is great! I just started hunting yote's and haven't been too successful yet.
Seeing a triple is rare enough around here (overhunted within 2 hours of Phx) and dropping three is awesome!

Calling a triple, and getting a triple is two different things. Great job on getting them. Man that is some good shooting there.

Looks like I'm going to have a chance to hunt some yotes soon, but I'm from the school that if you kill it, you do something with it. I know you can't eat them, but I'm wondering what does it cost to have them tanned into mini blankets?
smile.gif

ya thats pretty good on the Triple Coyotes on the same Sit .
I have shot a lot of dogs & I don't think I have got 3 on the same stand, more than 2 or 3 times over the years .
shitloads of singles & some doubles but 3 on the same stand by One guy is good times .

Thanks guys for all the good comments. I feel fortunate because this is my 3rd triple since I have been calling them for fifteen years.