• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creekside Taylorsville, Georgia Monthly PRS Matches

Awesome match and a great place for new shooters to get impacts on steel. Definitely will push your limits. Great bunch of guys to shoot with, can’t wait to get back
Awesome job today. Hopefully we get in the same squad next match.

Below are some photos from today's match. As always it was good seeing new shooters joining in on the fun. The next match is May 25th (team match, so grab a partner and come join the fun) and June 15th ( individual match).

Ha Ha. That's me on the pipe in the last photo. What you don't see is the 2 or 3 attempts is took me to get up on that blasted pipe. It must have been hilarious to watch me struggle. I guarantee my heart rate was up by the time I got up there but at least I managed to make a few hits on the swinger targets when on top.
Then I tried to shoot from inside the pipe. It's slick and angled slightly away from the target for a right handed shooter. I hate that thing. Only managed to get off 1 shot from in there. If that pipe disappears in the dead of the night, then Joe will know why.

Apologies to anyone who used my bags and happens to get sick. I thought I was better, but by stage 2, I realized that wasn’t the case and it just got worse as the day went on.

Great seeing everyone out. Hope to see everyone back next month.

Everyone says to not sweat the little things and just get out there and shoot a match. They were not wrong, you guys were really helpful. Best take away was how much I learned and what I can apply to all my shooting.

Radioactiv, glad you had fun. The guys that shoot these matches are some of the best people that you'll meet. Added some more photos from the match below:

We've already got our team. We'll be shooting 6.5 creedmoor so the ballistics remain relatively the same: wind drift, drop, etc. Anyone else got a partner or in need of one? Maybe you can start pairing up here if you want to shoot the match (May 25th), but don't have a partner.

Alright guys and gals, 4 weekends until the next match. This one will be very interesting as it's the first team match of the year. New stages are already being built (see photo below). Grab a partner and come join the fun.

I'll try to make it to the next one. Anyone need a partner that is a total noob?

Alright, someone PM Sleepz, let's get this guy a partner for the upcoming match. Anyone else not have a partner?

Alright guys & gals, I spoke to the match director today and he said that he would allow individuals to shoot the team match as a 1-man team. So if you cannot find a partner and you still want to shoot the match as an individual then sign up for the match on practiscore and call the range to pay—let them know you’ll be shooting as an individual. The match is this Saturday 25th the 1st stage is going to be 690 yards and a lot of fun ?.

Hey fellas, I got turned onto this by a guy on the reddit/longrange forum. I've never competed before but would love to try (mostly just for fun and for the challenge). Is there a place I can find the rules and necessary equipment needed to compete? I was planning on running my DMR in .223 (I've made hits out to 860yds with it) but if necessary I can use my Bergara HMR in .308 instead.

Markol, the following URL has all the information you will need: http://creeksidefiringrange.com/long-gun-series/
If you're making hits out to 860 yards then you should have everything that you need to "start" competing. You'll learn as you go and there are many veterans of the game that are willing to teach. Don't worry about equipment, there is lots to go around. The best thing to do is to show up to the match with either one of your rifles, 100 rounds of quality ammo, a good attitude, and water (it's going to be 93F on Saturday). As you can see from the photos it's a very relax/welcoming environment.

Thanks for the link! I'll go through it to make sure I have an idea of what to expect. I have a good spotting scope and crappy range finder that I borrowed from a friend- is it worthwhile to bring them? I'm actually driving up from FL and staying in ATL for the weekend so I have to put all my gear together tonight and I don't want to forget or wish I had something that I left at home. I've read the entire thread here and it looks like a great time, thanks for answering my questions I appreciate the help!

Shouldn’t need the range finder. Spotting scope is always good. If nothing else spend time behind it and watch trace and wind.

Markol, the following URL has all the information you will need: http://creeksidefiringrange.com/long-gun-series/
If you're making hits out to 860 yards then you should have everything that you need to "start" competing. You'll learn as you go and there are many veterans of the game that are willing to teach. Don't worry about equipment, there is lots to go around. The best thing to do is to show up to the match with either one of your rifles, 100 rounds of quality ammo, a good attitude, and water (it's going to be 93F on Saturday). As you can see from the photos it's a very relax/welcoming environment.
How far out should we expect to be shooting? Trying to decide which rifle and cartridge to bring with. Thanks for all the help guys!

Markol, When I spoke to him yesterday he said that the longest would be 690 yards for this match (the guy who won the last 3 matches uses a 223 :mad:). lol! Distance is the least of your worries--the awkward shooting positions is what will get you. Sometimes we're at 390 yards with 3 minutes on the clock and you can't keep that reticle stable or control your breathing, now that's when the fun starts.

Oh boy sounds like I'm really in for it... Since we'll be within 1k and I'm most comfortable with it I'm just going to run my AR. I'm really looking forward to it!

I need a partner and am a total noob! Email me at [email protected] we'll figure it out. I'll be out there either way but I'd rather have a partner than have to compete my first time alone.

If you don’t get a partner, ask Robert or Joe to have you squaded in the group with either Chris or Justin. We’ll have extra gear and will be willing to give you some pointers.

Reactions: CBeck
If you don’t get a partner, ask Robert or Joe to have you squaded in the group with either Chris or Justin. We’ll have extra gear and will be willing to give you some pointers.
May not be the best advice but we’ll give it!

Reactions: Triple D
Thanks so much fellas. I haven't heard back from sleeplz yet but I'm going anyway! I really appreciate the support.

Thanks so much fellas. I haven't heard back from sleeplz yet but I'm going anyway! I really appreciate the support.
I cant make it to this one based on work, I'm the redditor btw, I'll try to make it to the next one.

No problem man. Maybe someone else will show up without a partner or else I'll figure something else out. I'm just going for the experience and the fun really.

That would be great I really appreciate the offer. I don't really have anything except obviously my rifle and ammo and mags and stuff. I have a small rear bag but nothing else.

I’ll bring an extra Armageddon gear fatbag that you can use for the duration of the match and some other Armageddon goodness as well. If we’re squadded together, you’re welcome to use my game changer on any stage.

Look for the guy with his daughter tagging along, or the burnt bronze MPA chassis/NF setup.

See you tomorrow.

I’ll bring an extra Armageddon gear fatbag that you can use for the duration of the match and some other Armageddon goodness as well. If we’re squadded together, you’re welcome to use my game changer on any stage.

Look for the guy with his daughter tagging along, or the burnt bronze MPA chassis/NF setup.

See you tomorrow.
Thanks again I'm really looking forward to it! I'll see y'all in the morning.

That was one heck of a match today—6 hours in 96F weather. Hope everyone had fun. The next match is June 15th. Photos from the 1st team match today:
20190525_112417-jpg.7083970

Attachments

• 20190525_112417.jpg
    20190525_112417.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 463
Those earlier pics are deceiving...there wasn’t that much shade present!!

Great day out. I hope everyone had a blast and that the new shooters will be back again in the future.

Videos from today’s match will be posted later.

7369EDB0-FDC0-4E9A-AE0C-D546C19FA874.jpeg

4F4A2222-80EB-4E0A-A764-928111805006.jpeg

I need you two in my squad next time. I seriously doubt anyone took any pictures lol.

Some more photos of fun in the sun. Even the labrador attends the matches (see 1st photo)

Reactions: Howland
I'm glad I got to have such good people involved for my first (very humbling) PRS match. I want to say thanks to Robert and Justin and the other Robert, all the guys at the match who were patient and didn't give me a hard time about being a rookie and not knowing my head from my ass. I learned a ton about my abilities and my gear and the sport in general that I wasn't expecting to. Y'all will see me again for another match for sure. I live in FL so I'm not sure the next time I'll be able to make it happen but I have marked down the match dates to try to make sure I can get out of town for the weekend. Shoutout to Justin for lending me some gear and some tips! I really appreciate the help. It was certainly tough but it was a really fun challenge!

Quick reminder, the next match is June 15th (this Saturday). The match director is coming up with some really interesting--ability testing stages. They are now allowing participants to pay for the match/event via PayPal (you'll get an email after you sign up on practiscore). I’ll try to post pictures of some of the new stages later this week. Hope to see the regular guys and as always new shooters are welcome to join the fun.

Alright guys it’s that time again. The Creekside monthly PRS type match is on July 13th with 6 all new stages.
In order to host the match, we need about 20 individuals signed up.

At this match there will be prizes awarded which will include trophies and challenge coins (see picture below). If you like competing and winning stuff, then this is the match for you. In addition to the top 3 spots there will be additional awards. If you are completely new to PRS and you would like to try it, then this is the place to be. If you cannot attend but know someone that would like to try their hand/rifle at PRS then pass the word along.

I will post additional information in the next coming days.
P.S. you can now pay for the match using Paypal which makes it much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanowarrior
I imagine I won’t be able to make it because I really want one of those trophies lol

At least you won't have to worry about placing 4th. Since 4th does not make the podium there is a special award for that shooter.

4th place.JPG

Trophies for July 13th match have arrived. Anyone feel like competing and having some fun this coming weekend? If you are, try to sign up before wednesday night. The march is only $50.

Excellent match today put on by the staff at Creekside Shooting Range. Very unique scoring system that puts all shooters on equal footing--1 hit = 1 point. The match was won by a magician ?‍♂️ shooting a 6mm creedmoor (the same guy that used the 223 remington in the past :rolleyes:) I guess he got tired of winning the hard way :oops:. See you guys at the next match on August 17th.

Attachments

• 20190713_165745.jpg
    20190713_165745.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 128
  • 20190713_174241.jpg
    20190713_174241.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
The match director changed the August 17th match to an individual match.

Nice! We’ll be at this one. May even see about getting my daughter to try it instead of doing camera duty.

Spoke to the match director today and he said the following changes are coming:
1. All matches will now start at 2:30 PM on Saturdays (check in at 2:15pm the latest)
2. There will be awards at the end of each match (trophies etc, saw them today myself)
3. All matches are now individual matches (No October match):
August 17th​
September 14th​
November 16th​
December 14th​

1. All matches will now start at 2:30 PM on Saturdays (check in at 2:15pm the latest)
Is this going to be in effect for the August 17th match. I have never shot a PRS style match before, only F Class but was thinking about trying this match out.

Is this going to be in effect for the August 17th match. I have never shot a PRS style match before, only F Class but was thinking about trying this match out.
That's correct, starting August 17th all matches will start at 2:30 PM. Ask any of the guys here that have shot a PRS type match there (creekside), they will tell you that they loved it and will be back as soon as they get the chance. It's a great environment!

Much thanks to everyone that came out to today’s match. The next match is 09-14-2019 and as always there will be new stages and new shooters are welcome. Speaking of new shooters—a new shooter (to Creekside matches) came in 3rd today. Congrats and hope to see him again at another match.

Finally, a wizard ?‍♂️ with more powerful magic won ?or maybe he just got luckily? .
20190817_183029.jpg
20190817_183122.jpg
20190817_183112.jpg
20190817_183051.jpg

20190817_162501.jpg

20190817_162817.jpg

20190817_162827.jpg

20190817_164951.jpg
20190817_163824.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DRichardson