• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crescent Customs Sako TRG M995

Layton

Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Texas Coast
It's here so I had to show it off. Moon got it to me today. I had in my mind when I started this how I wanted this to turn out and he nailed it. Thanks man!!

Sako TRG M995
Bartlein 338LM, 28" #9, Badger FTE
McMillan A3-Adj, KMW h/w, Rhino camo
S&B PMII, 5x25x56, P4f, NEAR 20 MOA base.
Tenebraex ARD and flip caps.

Bipod is a pos I put on for pics. To the range in the morning to start load dev!!

rff.jpg

rifl.jpg

Re: Crescent Customs Sako TRG M995

Great rifle! Anything Sako is going to be of the highest quality. In particular I love their 3 lug bolts for shorter, faster bolt lift/return. To paraphrase my daughter, 2 lug bolts are SOOO 20th century. Eeeeewwww!

(I agree about the bipod - p.o.s. Atlas may be the best.)

Nice! Would you elaborate on the bottom metal and scope mount? These two items are nearly non existent

Thanks!

Bottom is 1 Moon had. One was supposed to come from McM but it went missing somewhere in shipment so I'm trying to track it down now. Moon is out as is MCM. Base is a NEAR 20moa. I also have a Murphy 20moa for a second build but I'm hoping to get a second Near.

You're right about how scarce the pieces are for these. I did ALOT of calling around before it all came together. Thing is that they make an awesome donor if you can find the right parts.

Rifle looks sweet man. Moon builds a great rig!

Unfortunately there's no info to give. The only other bottoms I know of are already spoken for. I wish someone could find a stash as I like a couple more. There is the Whiskey 3.

L

Re: Crescent Customs Sako TRG M995 - Range report

Took it out this morning to sight in and start testing. AFter sight in I shot 4 strings of 5 to get a feel for the rifle. Shot only at 100y.

It's a shooter!! Below are the 4 groups I shot. The best is .471". Much better than I expected. Sorry for the dark pics.

Bartlein makes one hell of a barrel and Moon builds one hell of a rifle.

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

Great shooting! Especially for a brand-new rifle shooting the very first reloads.

Details on the reloads?

Shooting Berger 300g Hybrids. Retumbo at .020" off. Started at 88.5 and worked up to 90 in .5g increments. No pressure signs so I'll keep going up a little next outing. I was surprised as well for the first time out and only 25 rounds through it at this point.

I understand that the receiver needs to be drilled and tapped for the near 20 moa base?

Thanks

Yes it did. Same for the Murphy. Near has lugs though. The Murphy does not which is why he went with the Near. I had purchased both several months back as they were the only 2 I could find and neither of us had idea at first which one would work out the best. Ended up being the Near.

edt: Here's a pic of the NEAR. I don't have one of the Murphy. I'll be putting another NEAR I just ordered on a second M995.

IMG_3445.jpg

I have bottom metal and a manners t4 with a badger nv mount that i'd sell if someone needs one as a package only.

Did Manners actually inlet it for you? I couldn't even get a response from multiple emails and a couple of calls to them asking if they would just inlet one of their stocks if I had the bottom metal. McMillan will and did.

L

Manners did it. Tim built the gun a few years ago when he worked for GA. It was Georges stock that he wasn't going to use anymore, I think he told me they were dinking around with 30/378's or 33/378's for hunting.

I got my M995 off to Moon last week. Can't wait to try it out.