• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crye Precision Ghillie Baselayer and Kit

Magari

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2012
Just got issued one from my unit. I've made a ghillie suit before, but the amount of supplies that comes in the kit is a bit overwhelming.

Been doing a lot of searching, but I can't seem to find much information on it.

I was wondering what the designer of this suit/kit had in mind in regards to putting this thing together.

Anyone ever built one of these or seen one before?

NSN: 8415-01-573-6428
GSAK100212

Re: Crye Precision Ghillie Baselayer and Kit

Yeah, use the top, but stitch the net onto it. The fastex buckle system is for if you go on patrol and want to look like a rifleman, then once you get where your going you clip on the net with the jute, too much trouble if you ask me. I didn't bother with the synthetic jute cause it just lays flat and doesn't break anything up. Just tie on the normal shredded and dyed burlap/sandbag or whatever you normally use. I personally don't use the pants at all. I would just shoe goo a duffle bag onto som bdu/dcu's or of you want use some multicam bottoms.

It being Crye I bet it has one hell of a price tag,you would think they use magic fairy thread.

Ghillies are all about creativity.

Just use the crap in the kit and slap it together using YOUR experience from what works in the field.

Honestly, 99.99% of the time a ghillie veil gets the job done, it lighter and packs out easier. Full ghillies are great for dog an pony shows and schoolhouse stalks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It being Crye I bet it has one hell of a price tag,you would think they use magic fairy thread. </div></div>

indeed. these suits look decent but not the end all be all. i've seen just the bases go for 600$ on ebay and looks like you have to spend 10 hours modifying them to get them to actually work.

Personally I am a fan of a veil/cape combo, very simple and no need to mess with all the other crap, sometimes you have to build a full blown suit while workin for the man, usually those ones are pretty bare though. hard to put all your effort into something that you don't want to do. I don't even bother with pants anymore either I just use BDU's theyre cheap enough that I don't care if they rip in 2-3 stalks.

Ya, thats what I figured. I'm a big fan of the tog/cape. Really wished they ordered what I told them to.

I just read up on it a little bit. Kinda funny that the sample that was at SHOT, just mysteriously "walked off"