• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Cult classics... since there doesn't seem to be a thread... And we need some movies to watch!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
The missus and I love Harold and Maude and watch it on our anniversary every year.

Yes, I know. Bizarre. But, hey, it works!

So what are your favorite cult movies?

Harold and Maude
Office Space
Dude where's my Car
Liquid Sky
Spinal Tap
Blade Runner

Any other fans of the dark, twisted and cult?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Trancers with Tim Thomerson and Helen Hunt. All together there are six movies in the series.
Warriors
Eddie and the Cruisers movies
Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Showgirls (Gotta have some nudity)
Donnie Darko
Flesh Gordon (NO, not Flash, Flesh...)
A Boy and His Dog
All Bruce Lee movies
Darkman movies
the Last Starfighter
American Werewolf in Paris...(and London)
Robocop
Leon...the Professional
Predator movies
Alien movies
Die Hard movies
Assault on Precinct 13 (original in B&W. Music is memorable as is the death of the little girl)
Lifeforce
Candyman
Night of the Comet
Enemy Mine
Billy Jack movies
Cat People (David Bowie sings Puttin' Out Fire with Gasoline)
Tremors movies
Starship Troopers movies
Bloodsport
Beastmaster (Tanya Roberts ...)
Caligula
My Stepmother is an Alien
Well that should keep you busy for awhile. I have spent too much of my life watching video. I think you find something there that appeals to y'all.

Last edited:
6163EF19-8355-4B71-A41E-97580C474AF6.png
Kalashnikitty Does Antifa
Sorry 😐 That’s really dumb as fuck 😾

Stray Dog, 7 Samurai, and Yojimbo by Akira Kurosawa. After watching 7 Samurai watch the Magnificent 7 by John Sturges, after watching Yojimbo watch A Fistful of Dollars by Sergio Leone.
While on Sergio Leone, can’t leave out The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Thats it for now. I have more, but lets take baby steps.

Cult horror movie starter pack

John Carpenter:
The Thing
The Fog
Halloween
They Live

Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead
Stuart Gordon’s Re-Animator
Wes Craven’s A Nightmare on Elm Street
Sean Cunningham’s Friday the 13th
Clive Barker’s Hellraiser

Stray Dog, 7 Samurai, and Yojimbo by Akira Kurosawa. After watching 7 Samurai watch the Magnificent 7 by John Sturges, after watching Yojimbo watch A Fistful of Dollars by Sergio Leone.
While on Sergio Leone, can’t leave out The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Thats it for now. I have more, but lets take baby steps.

Now go watch 13 Assassin's

Last final fight

Last edited:

King Kong 1970's version , the blob , the thing original , the fog .
animal house , porkies , swamp thing , revenge of the nerds , the warriors , phantasm , the Omen , the omega man , billy jack , Kelly's heroes
Cujo ,them , the 50 ft woman lol , Young Frankenstein ( frau blücher) , Blazing Saddles , History of the world , a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
Parasite (1982), forbidden planet ,doctor zhivago ,Dr. Strangelove , Invasion Of The Body Snatchers , Cave Man the one with Ringo Star in it , Christine
anything Johnny Weissmuller c. 1940 Tarzan , flash Gordon original or the 80's version and thousands more .

and it's hard to forget Debbie does Dallas the musical
I got pop corn and a couple of beers ready .

Last edited:
Reactions: Longhorn in Utah
The Mechanic (1972)
Deathwish (1974)

Fun fact, Florida’s Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services director in the 2000’s was named Charles Bronson. My concealed weapons permits during that decade were issued by...Charles Bronson.

Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favorites. I also still like to watch Cable guy every few years along with several already mentioned here.
Kung Fu hustle is nothing compared to the final master, Check out the quick trailer.

Reactions: acudaowner
Fright Night (1985, one of the best campy horror movies ever, and it had an outstanding sound track)

Any Chuck Norris, but especially Lonewolf McQuade.

House (comedy/horror 1985) starring William Katt (Greatest American Hero)

Snatch, 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels.

The Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Pretty in Pink (so, I had a thing for Molly Ringwald, so what?)

Lords of the Flatbush, The Outsiders (1983), The Lost Boys (1987)

Escape from New York, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Night Shift, TAPS, both Blade Runners (already mentioned, the new one is fantastic), Both Kill Bills.

Reactions: Longhorn in Utah
Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx
or the americanized version Shogun Assassin

As much as I hate to do it because of S Sarandon, Rocky Horror Picture Show. For better or worse, I think the numbers bear out that it is King.

Dr. Strangelove
Always
Brazil
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Lawrence of Arabia
Fifth Element
2001, A Space Odyssey
Undercover Brother
Caddyshack
Goodfellas
Godfather
(Original) Bladerunner
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
(Original) Star Wars
Usual Suspects
Clockwork Orange
Fist Full of Dollars
Outlaw Josey Wales
Animal House
Grand Budapest Hotel
Hugo
The Life Acquatic
The Right Stuff
Apollo 13
Life of Brian

Last edited:
I watched this when it came out and never understood Hunter S. Fast forward to a few months ago and read Lou Brutus's book and he had a good portion of a chapter dedicated to him. Turns out Johnny D was good friends with him. Great movie, but a little fucked up.
I remember that when it came out... "Down Rocko, this one's Mine!" And it was OK... but never caught my imagination.

It took me about 10 years to appreciate Hunter S. Thompson.

A couple of years ago I watched a documentary of sorts... I forgot what it was or where... maybe YouTube... about a girl who got a college journalism internship working for him for a summer. Had no idea who he was, what he was, how he lived. She was 19 years old, headed into her Junior year or something and was assigned to Hunter Thompson for a summer. It was an amazing watch. Wish I could find it again.

He was... unique!

Sirhr

Too many of you are supporting the liberal elite that are changing our society for the worst. I have not been in a movie theater since about 1973 to see Gone with the Wind. Threw out the TV almost ten years ago. Why would you contribute to our demise by paying these worthless/communist producers and actors to corrupt our youth and nation?

Granted, not all of the movies listed are bad. I give Clint Eastwood a pass. The Professional was a favorite of the five or six movies listed that I have actually seen on HBO.

Cult films is hard to define, but for me they must be somewhat obscure in that they are rarely shown in the media. Many of the films mentioned in this thread are big block busters that can be found readily on many TV stations. Admittedly, when I made up my list, many movies were big block busters. So I am going to amend my list by posting a couple of obscure films and would be curious to know if anyone has seen them.
SILENT MOVIES: (I watch everything with Closed Caption turned on anyways, as I, either cannot hear or understand some accents)
Wings, the first Academy Award Winner in 1928 (Gary Cooper had a bit part, but had a commanding one!)
Ben Hur with Francis X Bushman
Napoleon (cut down from the original eight hours by Francis Ford Coppola, THANK YOU! The actor who played Nappy had the most devastating eyes of any actor I have ever seen on film!)
FOREIGN FLICK:
Dae Jung Geum (Jewel in the Palace) S. Korea. I really don't believe there would be anyone here who would actually get past the first 50+ hour long episodes of what I consider the greatest film ever made. The production values are of the highest value. When this admittedly a soap opera was first shown in many different countries, work came to a standstill as the television viewing was well over 50% for every episode.
BACK TO MORE CONTEMPORARY:
A Gathering of Eagles with Rock Hudson and Rod Taylor. I am prejudiced about this Strategic Air Command AF movie as I was at Beale AFB when it was filmed and at the tail end of the flightline when eight B-52's took off one right after another, then fanned out after takeoff.

Now these are what I call CULT CLASSICS. Anyone here seen any of them???

Reactions: Hawkeyemm
The Usual Suspects
Boondocks Saints
Lucky Number Slevin
The Mechanic (original with Charlie Bronson, not that gay as Jason Stathom bullshit)

Revenge of the Ninja. (Nothing like old school 80’s ninja films with Sho Kusogi)

Reactions: quietmike
Too many of you are supporting the liberal elite that are changing our society for the worst. I have not been in a movie theater since about 1973 to see Gone with the Wind. Threw out the TV almost ten years ago. Why would you contribute to our demise by paying these worthless/communist producers and actors to corrupt our youth and nation?

Granted, not all of the movies listed are bad. I give Clint Eastwood a pass. The Professional was a favorite of the five or six movies listed that I have actually seen on HBO.
I agree with you. I haven't been (and don't intend to) in a movie theatre for probably a decade. We were burglarized about a year ago and they got pretty much all of my Blu-Rays. Haven't spent a dime to replace any of them. I probably will replace a few though. I will either buy them off of Flea Bay or used book/record stores and frankly, will look very hard to find pirated copies.

EuroTrip: Sleeper comedy that is really good. Fun fact: Scotty Doesn't Know!
Down Periscope: Another good comedy that is also a great tool for leadership training
Iron Sky: Nazis on the moon launch an invasion? Weird movie but lots of fun.
Force 10 from Navarone: A fun 70's WW2 movie. Alistair MacClean wrote it after the Guns of Navarone became a hit, but production got stuck in development hell.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail: LMAO in Middle School when I first saw it. 35 years later it still gets better with age.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
The missus and I love Harold and Maude and watch it on our anniversary every year.

Yes, I know. Bizarre. But, hey, it works!

So what are your favorite cult movies?

Harold and Maude
Office Space
Dude where's my Car
Liquid Sky
Spinal Tap
Blade Runner

Any other fans of the dark, twisted and cult?

Cheers,

Sirhr
Helter skelter!

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Ummmm

Red Dawn
Iron Eagle
Boone dock saints 1,2
shooter
Thin red line
Tank this was damn classic
smokey and the bandit all of them
quigley down under
Rambo series
The man from snowyriver.
I forgot about Iron eagle. Love that movie.
The Falcon and the Snowman is another decent one.

Reactions: Prebanpaul

So pirate everything that's not Clint, John Wayne, R. Lee Ermey or a Mel Gibson war flick.
All of the content, none of the guilt! 😜

FYI: There are FOUR Iron Eagle flicks. I didn't know about the 4th one until I just looked it up. o_O