• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curious question about bullet lot changes

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
I was just curious to ask you guys what you notice on lot changes amongst bullet manufactures. I have found that as long as I seat the new lot at the same o-give distance to the lands, I really don't see a change in SD/ES or 100yd groupings. This is my experience with Hornady and Berger so far...

What is your experience?

a buddy of mine had a lot of 105 hybrids that were 0.040" longer than his previous lot.

he didn't see any difference in performance until he got out to 900+ yards. the vertical spread was significantly different at distance. enough to miss.

i think he ended up tweaking his BC for that lot

1573663593421.jpeg

In receiving a different lot of 175 gr SMK's, I found there to be a difference of .035 in the bearing surface length (most of that difference was in base to ojive) and did an experiment to see what difference it might make. I found that there was a significant difference is seating depth, which affected average velocity and also due to that difference showed up on paper as a small shift in POI at 100 yds.