• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Current model AAC Cyclone

SkaerE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2001
The only blue part of VA :(
i've done some searching but most of the info i've found is from a couple years ago regarding the AAC Cyclone. has the model changed at all in the last 2 years? I think they had a major redesign back in 08?

anything out there now in the same price range that is a better buy?

is the "shark" TI suppressor worth the extra $$ for the 8oz weight reduction?

thanks!

Re: Current model AAC Cyclone

I don't believe anything has changed since it got a diet and new core in '08 as you indicated. Good suppressor. We built and very consistent in performance. My experience with this on several different hosts is that it typically has minimal POI shift.

If I was buying a thread-mount suppressor that one would be high on my list. In fact, it is the one I'd get.

SWR's Omega is another product I really like but at this point it is heavier than the Cyclone and I'd use the weight difference as a tie breaker in favor of the Cyclone.

think they changed in 09. call aac

I have what my dealer told me was the first new model in 09 I think it was. It is the K model with serial C-1000. I'm not aware of any changes since then.

The shark is hands down the best your going to get and the best dealer,manufacturer you will find.

Just do a search on here for a shark and you will see what I mean or better yet just call shark (David) and talking to him.

I have a '09 K model that is 3.8oz. heavier than the Shark and just as quiet. The price point at the time and inconel contruction made it a no brainer. The 3.8oz. difference would cost $142 an ounce to make up.

At this point I am waiting to see how long the Gemtech Sandstorm stands up, it is the only silencer that I am interested in switching to, entirely due to the larger weight difference.

there is no better 308 can (thread on or not) than the cyclone. period.

get one and enjoy it.

I just checked out AAC website. Looks like prices have jumped a little since I bought my K. I paid $625...

For what it's worth, I have a Cyclone and am very happy with it. Hits the same place every time I take it on and off. I'm 99.9% sure it's the newer model.

cyclone metered the best in a recent shootout (2nd place compared to a 2" diameter 12" long 3 times as heavy can).

it is the best thread on 308 can you can buy, period. no i dont work for aac

I have had all Cyclone models, pre 08 Cyclone, post 08 Cylclone, and a K model....The K model differs from the standard Cyclone...it does not have as many baffles and the sound reduction on the K is not as high as the standard model. If you are choosing between the K and the standard the biggest difference you will notice is the weight and length.....but not worth it when it comes to sound reduction....Cyclone is ranked no. 1 in sound reduction for length and weight

Great Suppressor

Cyclone is the way to go! I have them in stock if you can not find them locally.

Shark / AAC Cyclone.... Are equally awesome...I personally own the Cyclone...I Luv it!...

Picture046.jpg

I have a pre-08 Cyclone M18x1 for the Sako/Tikka rifles, it's just plain outstanding.. The newer models are supposedly better, compared to Elite Iron, AWC Thundertrap,ect. it's tought to tell the difference with the ear, the biggest difference is the tone of the can, pings verses thuds, so to speak
ff90.jpg

I have nothing to compare it to, but my Cyclone is awesome!

I just came back from shooting my new Cyclone on a TRG 22. All I can say is DAMNNNNNNNNNN, sweet quiet and no POI change which I was thinking would be impossible.

this is on my short list for my next suppressor - AAC Cyclone, Gemtech Sandstorm or the Shark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is on my short list for my next suppressor - AAC Cyclone, Gemtech Sandstorm or the Shark. </div></div>

The Cyclone seems to be the benchmark 308 can. You won't be sorry with the AAC product. Remmington will ALWAYS be around and will be able to take care of any warranty issues that MAY arise.

AAC for the win!