• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current shipping issues

chevytruck_83

Student of the sport
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
Beware shipping anything right now. Especially expensive rifles etc. I purchased an accuracy international rifle from a member on here. He was quick to get usps the rifle. Tracking and everything started quickly. It was supposed to deliver on the 20th. Then when it didn’t show up it tracking said still on its way but late. After filing a claim they said “it’s not just your package it’s a lot. It’s gonna be a while. We can’t give you an estimate of when”

I am in the same boat, but what was weird is that the seller sent some other parts in a box the same day and those showed up perfectly on time.

I'm dealing with it now on an expensive optic, but USPS says they delivered and that "someone" signed for it. I live on a large property and I watched the driver pull up at the box at my gate. Delivered the small packages and mail, but no large boxes let alone had me sign for anything. Frustrating and from now on I will use my FedEx account to ship anything. No more USPS!

Here's my current tracking for a package that was shipped on Oct 8 through USPS Priority. I still don't have it. Oregon to San Diego is a straight shot south. Not sure why it needed to go to Guam and Hawaii...but I wish I was that package. It's somewhere on the pacific ocean... sipping Mai Tai's and enjoying the sunshine.

20201023_154147.jpg

I almost lost a rifle in june (took an extra 3 weeks and went back and forth across state lines and multiple distribution centers) and a stock that shipped in june and arrived in september. Beware the post office.

Just bought a scope on here and seller committed to fedex as part of the deal. I highly recommend people post something like "ill take it of that includes fedex or ups shipping"

USPS, UPS, Fed Ex all suck. Pick your poison and bend over.

True dat....but dealing with fedex employees is waaaay better then dealing with the people at the post office when you do have issues.....

My tracking just says delayed, it stopped as of the 16th. So i am sweating it out.

I don't know, I've shipped a lot of stuff with FedEx & UPS and haven't had any problems.....USPS on the other hand......lost a package my wife had sold to someone on e-bay......she submitted a claim with receipts for value of the product and everything and they denied her so she was out $180.

USPS's shipping insurance is crap. I'll never ship anything of significant value with USPS.

That’s exactly what it is. I have family in the postal service. Don’t even think about shipping anything of value through the post office until long after
The election.

Reactions: John1890
Been waiting on a rifle since May... not holding my breath.
Also have a rifle that was shipped last week.
Nobody can find it in the system... $4100 worth of rifles at somebody else house. Bubba done saddle up his tasco and started whackin nannies on the back 40 with it.
burns my ass up.
when you go to file a claim, they act like it’s our fault.

Nobody can find it in the system... $4100 worth of rifles at somebody else house. Bubba done saddle up his tasco and started whackin nannies on the back 40 with it.
burns my ass up.

You've got to be joking. That sucks.

You've got to be joking. That sucks.
Dead serious man.
just crazy to me how they can lose
So much shit and it’s obviously lost in their system when they can’t even find a delivery notice or update in the shipment process and want to be a complete dick when we call with a concern about our packages.

• Angry
Reactions: JustMissedIt
I bought an Accuracy International AXSA a few months back that was shipped USPS and it was lost for 2 months or so. I had lost hope and then all of a sudden I got an update text that it arrived at a distribution center close to me. And it arrived. Damn hard for me to ship or buy used rifles lately.

• Wow
Reactions: Farmerbrown32
Im posting to tell you my current and recent experiences. Id wager I ship more than most of you. Believe me or not.

Some USPS distribution centers are completely overwhelmed or whatever the word is. I shipped something to a member here in Michigan. It was routed through the USPS sort/distribution center in detroit. Not because he lives there or near there. Because of how USPS is setup in Michigan. After weeks of it not moving in tracking from here in SC he asked me to file a claim.

You DO NOT file a claim first!!!

First you file a complaint. I usually say something like. “Here is tracking #. What havent you delivered my shit?” Kid you not. These are then passed off through the postmasters. The postmasters then pass it off down the line by determining where it was actually scanned last. USPS tracking online does not show us the public what they have access to. Internal tracking is much more detailed. The postmasters done want the complaint against their location. So they pass until it stops. Then that location tries to find the piece so as to resolve the complaint. If they can resolve the complaint it doesnt count against them.

The detroit sort said they were 4-6 weeks behind. I have it in writing. 2 weeks later they found the package and it left on its way to the member where it was promptly delivered.

A small flat rate priority mail box. 60+ days from SC to MI.

Having resolved the same issues with all three. In best outcomes to worst USPS—>UPS—>DHL/Anyone else—>Fedex.

Shipping is messed up. Right now I have a CZ Shadow that seems to be lost with USPS

Send a book from MT to SC Media mail. They said it would take 10-14 days. It arrived in 3. Sent another box to the same address in SC Priority and it took over 2 weeks. I have had letters returned to sender. It’s a big Cluster right now.

My current cluster fuck. Someone signed some random shit and I know it was the carrier because I watched her sorry ass drive up, deliver, and drive away.... no box with my 5-27 ZCO... 🤬.. The worst part is I have several packages from vendors on the way and a NF ATACR... all USPS...FML!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201023-202532_Drive~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201023-202532_Drive~2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Angry
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I've been using FEDEX exclusively if I can't afford to reimburse for a lost package.

Sprayed,

Could you take the slip to the PO and state that this was not the name or the signature? You could use your DL for comparable signature.

Every Shipper seems to be having problems. I had a package ship FEDEX bounce between Lenexa and Olathe Kansas for Almost a month before it arrived.

Makes me wonder if the delays and issues are election ballot related, COVID quarantine related, or if they are being hacked or disrupted?

Sprayed,

Could you take the slip to the PO and state that this was not the name or the signature? You could use your DL for comparable signature.

Oh trust me, it is printed out and sitting on my dash to be there first thing in the morning.

Reactions: LostinMT
I'm stuck waiting for a Priority Mail package that is a week overdue and stopped moving last week...

Shipping sucks balls these days.

Also FedEx is usually an excellent shipper and very reliable.... until that rare event you have a problem and then it's pretty much FU.....

I’d rather take days off work to drive and personally pickup a rifle. This is madness!! I feel bad for you guys that have been involved.

Reactions: chevytruck_83
USPS sucks monkey nuts, especially right now.
sent a rifle a Couple weeks ago to a destination 3 hr drive from my house. Tracking went dark for a week causing the buyer to get a little anxious.. Took 8 days to deliver to a destination 200 miles from me. I paid for priority it didn’t get that service.

Dropped a 20 pound box off on Tuesday at FedEx , home delivery, shipped to a destination 5.5 hours drive from my house. Was delivered the next day.

ive always had good experience from Fedex. Their tracking system is also superior than the USPS system based on what I’ve experienced.

I will be shipping a rifle on Monday and it will be going Fedex fo sho!!!

Reactions: Eric32
I own some FedEx routes in Texas and speaking from the industry your larger items and high dollar items should always go FedEx or UPS. Our tracking is typically more reliable and customer service can get usually get tracking on your parcels in an instant.

There are exceptions and I’m sure everyone has a story involving FedEx and UPS but in most cases your packages are far safer.

Furthermore at the beginning of 2020 FedEx began taking on more USPS deliveries, meaning we are actually delivering mailbags to the post offices bypassing the USPS infrastructures to get them their parcels directly for their local mail carriers to deliver.

I shipped a rifle USPS 3 day priority mail on Oct 14 schedulled del due Oct 21 and it still has not arrived and tracking is a dead end, the buyer is concerned as am I but I have had 3 day priority packages take 25 days. In my opinion the Covid crisis is a cover, an excuse for poor service and every company including amazon is using the current crisis to their advantage.

I bought a barrel recently. USPS 2 day priority arrived 7 days later. Frustrating waiting for an important item.
As a courtesy to the buyer it would be nice if sellers actually pack an item properly. For example don’t use a tube to ship a heavy barrel, use a box instead. If a bolt doesn’t fit in a small priority box use a bigger box and tape it good. If 500 bullets fit a small priority box make sure its taped good so bullets don’t leak out of the box. You can also never use too much packaging tape. Pls pardon my rants but these examples actually happened to me.
If a seller packs an item properly, the chances of the item surviving the usps system is better in my opinion.
I hope all your packages arrive safely and in one piece.

Reactions: deersniper
My favorite is when something tells you out for delivery via USPS, then it doesn’t show and you get a “driver unable to make delivery due to driveway obstruction”. Bullshit, you’re fucking lazy. I also loathe when UPS turns shit over to USPS Smart Post

In Hamptons Roads area VA, DO NOT use FedEx. They have been SO horrible in our area for just about anything.

With that the USPS and UPS seems much better for our area.

SO GOOD news in all this mess, filed a missing mail report. And guess what package is out for delivery this morning.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
You guys understand this is the "For sale" area and not the "my vagina has crabs" area right.
Bear pit is where this needs to be.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
You guys understand this is the "For sale" area and not the "my vagina has crabs" area right.
Bear pit is where this needs to be.

I posted in the for sale section hoping people considering buying or selling expensive items would know before hand what they’re getting into. Perhaps it’s better off buried in a spot nobody will see it. Sorry. Looking forward to reading about how much this upset you in the bear pit.

That’s like a 4 mile radius
Yeah and when I called them they just said They were extremely busy due to COVID. It only took about a week after the call and my delivery date kept changing so they would claim it wasn't late.

True dat....but dealing with fedex employees is waaaay better then dealing with the people at the post office when you do have issues.....
Interestingly ... I had a scope I bought online shipped via USPS and I used their "Informed Delivery" system (I'm a member) to track it. It came to my local post office on a Tuesday, and then showed as moving to a post office 30 miles away and just "sat there" for two days. I used that online system to ask for an intervention, and lo and behold ... it moved the next day and was delivered. That same day, I got a phone call from the USPS Coordinator in my local post office asking me if I got it, and ensuring the problem had been resolved. All things considered, and irrespective of the insane "monkeying" that's been going on with USPS systems and processes lately in the run-up to the election ... I was pretty happy with the service and the result. My sense is that they're doing their best, as they recover from the knee-capping they've received this year. IMHO

I posted in the for sale section hoping people considering buying or selling expensive items would know before hand what they’re getting into. Perhaps it’s better off buried in a spot nobody will see it. Sorry. Looking forward to reading about how much this upset you in the bear pit.
It is almost November 2020, if anyone is unaware of current Shipping/manufacturer issues that have been going on for the last 7 1/2 months they are living under a rock.

Been having problems with USPS since June of this year. Not only delays, but packages opened or clearly handled very roughly. “2 day priority” taking three weeks is common.

Aside from Parcel rates, it used to be similar in reliability to UPS and Fedex.

Here's my current tracking for a package that was shipped on Oct 8 through USPS Priority. I still don't have it. Oregon to San Diego is a straight shot south. Not sure why it needed to go to Guam and Hawaii...but I wish I was that package. It's somewhere on the pacific ocean... sipping Mai Tai's and enjoying the sunshine.

View attachment 7452655
Wow interesting!

Reactions: chevytruck_83
The USPS is the devil and needs to be done. They are worthless.

Shipped an XRS2 usps two weeks ago. No sign of it.

Attachments

• 04B4EF48-C1CA-4357-A1AB-BF1983C48F67.png
    04B4EF48-C1CA-4357-A1AB-BF1983C48F67.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 29
burns my ass up.

I'd be calling the local ATF branch and asking them to look into it, along with reporting them stolen.

Nothing is quite so weird as getting a phone call from the ATF years after a report because some idiot tried to sell your gun.