• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Current state of MOA and MIL

In all honesty if you use a second focal plane scope you can interchange between the two as long as you use a true 10 moa basis. Because you started with a a moa that was base 10 you can inter change the two. NOTE I said basis not base.

Because MOA and MIL are angular measurements if you startt with a base 10 number as your zero, the anguler measurement wont change.
This allows you to zero your rifle to infinity in theory.

BC values and velocity are no longer needed to calculate drop and drift.

If you turn on spin drift in your ballistic calculator and set the value to 10,0 ( you have to use a comma like metric not a period or decimal) it will give you the corrected out put .

YMMV

Best of luck

If you have more questions @TheGerman would be your best resource to contact... or @Maser

If @Bender or @Dirty D had not recently been given lifetime bans they would also be a wealth of information

See post above... it's the same thing!!!!
If you get a set that has a 10,0 basis you can interchange

Dont forget SD

For the majority here,,,,,
57608BE1-5A3C-41D9-AE1A-043405A2F04A.jpeg

So, I've ordered my RPR 6.5.

Next paycheck is the NF ATACR F1 7-35x56 MILXT

Now comes the next great question: MILs vs MOA.

I've heard some great back and forth on here.

From what I can ascertain, MOA used to be king of the hill, but the new crop is coming in with a lot more MIL these days, as well as most military folks.

As someone who has to learn all this from scratch, would you recommend MOAs or MILs?
Just remember that everything you read on this site will be measured in moa, except scopes. That should clear it up.