• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Curtis Rimfire conversion? Or go with a Vudoo or RimX?

Which action would you go with?

• Total voters

richthe1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2018
Curtis: Haven’t heard much of anything about it in the wild. Overall consensus of Curtis actions seems mixed at best, including their CS. However, their rimfire conversion seems incredible. I love the idea that I’d be able to shoot rimfire and centerfire out of the same rig. Would mostly choose this for versatility.

Vudoo: Have heard very few bad things. Seems like most are shooters out of the box. Great CS. Hard to go wrong.

RimX: Mostly good things. Some reliability issues and tweaking stuff to get it to work.

Last edited:
Vudoo if I were making the choice. Having owned a precision rimfire / centerfire conversion system in the past (and it was one of the most consistently accurate in both versions with 100% function in both) I never switched between the two often at all. I prefer having a dedicated centerfire and dedicated rimfire. If I wanted to save as much money as possible I would swap the trigger and chassis between the two, that's it.

I have owned 7 or 8 Vudoo builds at this point, 2 Rim X builds, a mini truck bed full of Anschutz rifles, serval CZ's, and my choice for many reasons is Vudoo.

I love my Curtis actions and it does seem like their system works but the idea that o am going to use my precision rifles for a 22 is just not reality. The scope differences and dope ect..... I'd rather have a separate 22 precision rifle so I just wouldn't want that.

If you’ve got the money do a dedicated rifle, it’s nice having the ability to plink stuff while your centerfire cools and it’s an excuse to build something new

Are the Curtis sponsored shooters still shooting Vudoo's and Rim-X's?

If so, that may be a sign...

I know a few guys who got to do a bunch of shooting with the Curtis conversion. Their experience was positive. Very good feeding, extraction and ejections. That said the idea of swapping between centerfire and rimfire just seems like too much of a hastle with such a huge difference in zero shift. I also like dedicated rigs, especially centerfire to rimfire.

I own 2 vudoo’s, a rimx and an ultimatum deuce and each have their ups and downs. You’re not going go wrong with any of them to be honest. In cold weather the vudoo’s have the worst reliably for light strikes which can be solved with a new spring and they are happy to provide but just some food for thought. Their major benefit is out of the box they just plain shoot! And their service is outstanding!! I really like my vudoo’s. My rimx is my least accurate but I know it’s the barrel not the action so I’m a little biased there. That said the reliability has so far been 100%!! It’s worked in the cold flawlessly, and feeds beautifully!! Their magazine is top notch and their action is super smooth! I have new barrels to try shortly and expect great things with it! The deuce is a bit of a different animal in terms of feel. I personally love the deuce. It has a harder bolt close then v22, 360 and rimx but it doesn’t bother me. Mine shoot’s phenomenal (ibi barrel). It’s super fast and very smooth, it’s negative is there magazine. They have a new one coming soon which will be much better, but right now you have to use altered vudoo mags. I get great results but took me a minute to get them.

Hope this helps in some way.

I’ve been very happy with my RimX, but the Vudoo is incredibly nice also. I’d just get one of those 2, build a dedicated gun set up the same way as your match rifle and have fun.

Thanks for the feedback! Any idea when the release date is for the updated, adjustable Vudoo mags?

Hopefully soon. I know they want to make sure they work 100% before letting them out in the wild. Better to wait a little and get a good, reliable product. I am waiting for them too.

Thanks!

Also, does anyone know: if using the new Vudoo mags I wouldn’t need a chassis that has an adjustable mag catch (or any other mag fitment features?), would I? The Vudoo mag itself would do the work and it wouldn’t matter what chassis I put it in?

I’ve heard some people have gone with longer barrels - is there a reason for this aside from feel/balance? Still 1:16” twist?

Most commonly used ammo for PRS? Looks like ammo is hard to get right now…

Lastly, if I go with the Curtis Rimfire conversion, who would you recommend I call to spin up a barrel? I looked online at Straight Jacket Armory, for example, but I didn’t see a 22lr option.

Sorry, my first foray into this world, and I feel like there’s something new I didn’t know around each corner!

Last edited:
Also, does anyone know: if using the new Vudoo mags I wouldn’t need a chassis that has an adjustable mag catch (or any other mag fitment features?), would I? The Vudoo mag itself would do the work and it wouldn’t matter what chassis I put it in?
The whole point of the new Vudoo mags having an adjustment for the "catch" is so the mag can be dialed in to the magwell of any Vudoo repeater rifle. My Vudoo has an adjustable mag catch in the stock/chassis (MPA BA), I haven't messed with it since it was delivered from VGW, I have 5 poly mags and zero issues with any of them.

Concerning the Curtis , just because it’s convertible doesn't mean you have to swap back and forth , but if you change your mind down the road you can make it a centerfire or a rimfire , or sell it , it’s not just a rimfire action , how does it rank against the others , idk ,
60* bolt throw
12 :00 firing pin
700 foot print /trigger
Takes vudoo mags
The barrel tenon threads are the same count as Remington but cut slightly different and a factory barrel won’t screw in , he supplies a drawing / threading instructions
GLW your decision
I want one of each platform lol

Reactions: richthe1