• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom 10/22 "mini A5" stock, pics

Re: Custom 10/22 "mini A5" stock, pics

Looks Good! I bought them pillars from you, and pillar bed mine, I will post some picks when I install the butt pad.

Outstanding finished product! How many hours do you have into this stock?

Looks good! After I saw this I wanted to try it. Here is what I did....

Plan on putting a Morgan adjustable recoil pad on it.

How much for three of your pillars?

Holy cow Batman. And you didn't want to start from scratch? It turned out great. I have a 77/22 I want to do the same thing too. I'm goingt o float a group buy for aBoyd Tacticool stock for the 77/22 but will try this first.

Very nice work. I have an A5 I can use as a model.

Thanks for the inspiration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vux51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cow Batman. And you didn't want to start from scratch? It turned out great. I have a 77/22 I want to do the same thing too. I'm goingt o float a group buy for aBoyd Tacticool stock for the 77/22 but will try this first.

Thanks for the inspiration. </div></div>

I want to do this to a 77/22 also that is why I used a spare 10/22 stock to experiment on.

Here is the stock complete. I machined a few 1/4" ABS butt spacers allowing adjustable LOP, as well as grinding down a decelerator butt pad. Current LOP is 13.5"

gun080.jpg

Do you notice a great decrease in recoil since adding the decelerator?

All kidding aside... That is one slick setup. You sir are a pro!

Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whisper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you notice a great decrease in recoil since adding the decelerator?</div></div>

It definitely wasn't necessary, I had it laying around. I guess if someone was ultra recoil sensitive......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentSoul308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Work...Have any plans to build any more of these? </div></div>

I have been inquiring about having a few stocks duplicated, a A3 style and the above A5 style. I need to contact McMillan and get their blessing, although not a copy it is modeled off of their stock designs.

Better safe than sorry.

Kirk R

So you motivated me to do my own project. Have a cheap stock that I bought off of a SH'er from his XCR that I've been using on my 223. About 2 days into it (total of 3 hours) and it's going really well. I've been using regular Bondo since it was cheap and manageable.

I'll get pics up, but wanted to ask what gel coat material did you use? I should be ready to coat early next week.

The big lessons I've learned is that I should have started with a monolithic block of filler and the shaped down instead of trying to add a little at a time. Also learned that smoothing Bondo is easier said than done, but that patience is a virtue.

Rich

don't over work your filler as it will increase the chance of pin holes...............

wow, amazing work! Sorry if i missed it somewhere, but what did you use to texture the stock in the grip and forend?

Update with improvements to the process. The original stock was produced using fiberglass body fillers and sanding to shape, followed by a high quality two part auto primer and then painted and cleared. After producing a few stocks using this method, I have improved the process considerably, which produces much more consistent results and a much stronger stock. The new process uses a two part (left and right) fiberglass mold, the factory wood stock is cut down to fit in the mold, then the mold is sprayed with fiberglass gel coat. After the gel coat is applied, both halves of the mold are filled with fiberglass and resins and the wood stock is then inserted in the mold halves.
guns022.jpg

guns021.jpg

guns017.jpg

guns026.jpg

after grip area texturing, paint, clear coat and pillars installed

guns031.jpg

guns029.jpg

Awesome! Nice work. Gives us some crazy ideas for the old 10/22 stocks we have laying about.

That looks freaking awesome. Very good job. I'd like to try this but don't think i'm handy enough to make a nice looking product like you, i'd be interested in buying one
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks freaking awesome. Very good job. I'd like to try this but don't think i'm handy enough to make a nice looking product like you, i'd be interested in buying one
smile.gif
</div></div>
+1 Any ideas on how much they'd cost?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys...

For anyone looking at this updated thread on this project and who is interested in purchasing, you should see the following thread where Kirk is already offering them for sale:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2301512&page=1

</div></div>
Thanks for the link!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FFRich</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vux51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cow Batman. And you didn't want to start from scratch? It turned out great. I have a 77/22 I want to do the same thing too. I'm goingt o float a group buy for aBoyd Tacticool stock for the 77/22 but will try this first.

Thanks for the inspiration. </div></div>

I want to do this to a 77/22 also that is why I used a spare 10/22 stock to experiment on. </div></div>
This would be cool on my 77/22.

I am impressed. I hope you do well on your stock sales... you deserve it!!

DK

Way to scale up!! Looks great! Wish I had seen this earlier. I went with the B&C stock but like the looks of yours better.

Here's mine.
CompletedTac1022%20(Medium).jpg

This is nothing short of phenomenal.

I would say its time to buy yourself a URL and go into business.

I just had to bump this thread in case anyone missed it. Nice job.

Beautiful stock- if you had a mold that could make the entire stock you could mass produce these for commercial sale.

The stock is pretty bad ass.

Id like one for each of my Marlin 25MNSS, Mauser 22 trainer, Kimber Gov modern 82, and my future purchases Savage FV-SR, and CZ 452 American...

Not a 10/22 fan at all!

Can't wait for more inlets to be offered!!!!
Maybe customs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id like one for each of my Marlin 25MNSS, Mauser 22 trainer, Kimber Gov modern 82, and my future purchases Savage FV-SR, and CZ 452 American...

Not a 10/22 fan at all!

Maybe customs? </div></div>

I will be offering a non-inletted version that can be opened up for any rimfire action. There has been a lot of interest in other action inletting but I am focusing on the 10.22 for now, and will offer a few other stock designs for the 10/22. Also in the works is a 77/22 stock. The stocks have come a long way since this thread started, they are being produced in molds now so the process is much more consistant and the product is better. I am working on a website, but for now I will focus on orders here before I go outside of the Hide, if it goes anywhere it is because all the interest and business I have received from the Hide members.

A5.jpg
A5-1.jpg
P9140269-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id like one for each of my Marlin 25MNSS, Mauser 22 trainer, Kimber Gov modern 82, and my future purchases Savage FV-SR, and CZ 452 American...

Not a 10/22 fan at all!

Maybe customs? </div></div>

I will be offering a non-inletted version that can be opened up for any rimfire action. There has been a lot of interest in other action inletting but I am focusing on the 10.22 for now, and will offer a few other stock designs for the 10/22. Also in the works is a 77/22 stock. The stocks have come a long way since this thread started, they are being produced in molds now so the process is much more consistant and the product is better. I am working on a website, but for now I will focus on orders here before I go outside of the Hide, if it goes anywhere it is because all the interest and business I have received from the Hide members.

A5.jpg
A5-1.jpg
P9140269-1.jpg

</div></div>

Do you have any projections on price and release date of non-inletted stocks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any projections on price and release date of non-inletted stocks? </div></div>

Most likely around late December, but my main focus is catching up on the mini A5 style stocks, they all come out of the same mold.

Kirk R

Got my stock! Kirk did a nice job! GAP camo looks great and appears/feels like its durable! Dropped my 10/22 right in. Now all I need is a bull barrel! Thanks kirk!

how about some pics of the 10/22 dropped in that GAP camp stock? I might be interested in the same setup. I have a 10/22 that is so accurate I feel like it deserves a better stock than a hogue overmoulded stock.

Thanks Tac284

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about some pics of the 10/22 dropped in that GAP camp stock? I might be interested in the same setup. I have a 10/22 that is so accurate I feel like it deserves a better stock than a hogue overmoulded stock. </div></div>

here you go

P9110261.jpg

Maybe I missed in post but where can I inquire about purchasing a stock for 10/22. I could not make a stock like that. Please let me know.

Very nice work!! Gonna have to get on the waiting list for one!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furburner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I missed in post but where can I inquire about purchasing a stock for 10/22. I could not make a stock like that. Please let me know. </div></div>

Pm Capitan Kirk he is selling these. You can go to options and acc. for sale to see more about them too!

hey i have a question,
what did you do to get from this stage
91CRX029.jpg

to this stage
91CRX034.jpg

did you just lay down heaps of filler and mould it together ? or lay down "layers" of fibreglass matting to build it up to your desired shape ?

i would like to do similar to a plastic stock i have.

thanks