• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Custom Foam

Stoutthedog

Private
Minuteman
I'm looking for a source for custom foam for a Pelican 1750 to fit my rifle. Is there a source that already has the patterns for most popular model rifles that can cut the foam for a decent price? I've googled it and get hits but looking for recommendations to cut just one.

The rifle is a GA Precision 300 WM with AICS2.0 and 26" barrel. Does anyone know if GAP offers any custom foam? I've emailed them already but no response yet.

Re: Custom Foam

I work in the shipping/receiving at my job and I use an electric knife to custom cut foam to secure avionics and gyros for shipping.

So if you have an electric knife for cutting turkey at Thanksgiving, etc. Give it a try before you start purchasing other stuff.

20120617_200510-1.jpg

Not for a GA Precision rifle, but made this from four sheets of foam with a heatgun (you could also use a hairdryer of the wife/girlfriend's that is 1200+) and a simple hot wire foam cutter. I am sure someone has a better answer, but this is a pretty cheap simple way to do it although not the prettiest I am sure. Case is a Pelican 1750 and I have been using this DIY rig for about two years. I also use it for three different rifles hence the not pefectly formed, but nothing moves in the case when loaded. I could be wrong but I don't think GA Precision is in the custom foam business.

Cheers

This gives me some ideas! I'm in the middle of an AR buid and was just starting to think about what kind of case to use.
That was also a great link to the hot wire how to.

Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make your own foam cutter and cut it your self.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/292695_.html </div></div>

^ This is really the best way to go:
-It can be done for under $30 and a couple hours.

-IMHO, it is the only way to make tight radius precision cuts, that cannot be done with a "hot knife" or "electric turkey knife" that are always suggested in these type of threads.

...give it a shot.