• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Custom MC Actions vs Traditional Custom Actions

Quality with options is more important than price. I was just curious why more don't go with the MC actions.
$8k-10K for a build is not what I see. Here are 3 quick price outs form well respected builders.

I see the advantage being Terminus due to what I get for the same price and quality.

Just priced out a build with 2 barrels.
Terminus Zeus SA with 2 bolts-$2199
Trigger Tech Trigger-$250
Barrels from PVA (2)- $1250
Foundation Genises Stock SA-$1330 - Maners or MPA or KRG chassis/Stock run around this amount as well.
Hawkins DBM-$205
$5234

Gap Rifles-$5k plus
PVA- BA- $2149 Plus all remaining items listed get you above $4500-5k.
Terminus is a very good option. The only downside vs a MC type system would be if you were running something like 338LM and then 6.5CM due to magazine fitment and feeding issues. If you stay in the same action/cartridge length there really is no downside to something like the Terminus.

Reactions: texastonk
The Terminus Zeus really isn’t in the same category as the MRAD QC MC actions. It just uses a shouldered barrel, just like any Impact, DM Ruckus/Tenacity, Seekins Havak/Hit, Bat, ARC, etc… with the only difference being the small set screw on the side of the action. The WTO lugs, Seekins Havak Hit, etc do the same thing - and frankly, any action plus a $75 D&T for the set screw to lock the barrel will do the same. A guy can also spend very little money and mill wrench flats into a shouldered barrel and do the same quick change with minimal tools, running lower-than-common torque in the field… I used to know some BR guys who swore by only using hand tight torque on their barrels - they could swap between a 6BR and a 300wsm between flights if they wanted… But long story short, the Terminus is just a shouldered barrel with a threaded tenon, which is a different animal than the other, higher cost QC MC actions or “weapons systems” on the market.

And like I said - there’s really nothing even in military deployments which these QC MC actions are doing which isn’t done with conventional actions - and lots of conventional actions (like the Terminus) are already doing QC MC, just not with the sleeved tenons like the MRAD.

Jeeze, so now AI owners are the poors.

Yet again, same person always arguing just for argument sake. One needs to look in the mirror and think to themselves it's not others, it's you.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
It beaten to death gents. It's a nice feature to have the MC/QC stuff. I have both systems and shoot both competitively, if done right both are as reliable/precise.

Reactions: Bradu
Help a brother out. Just tell me which custom action to buy for:

6.5 x 55 Swedish

And

.223 Remington

Both bolt guns. I don't need the conversion ability or the BEST there is...all this is confusing

Help a brother out. Just tell me which custom action to buy for:

6.5 x 55 Swedish

And

.223 Remington

Both bolt guns. I don't need the conversion ability or the BEST there is...all this is confusing
Zermatt medium length action for the swede
You can use the same action for the 223 if you want to be one of the cool kids in this thread

Wrong, Leg. If you've ever jumped a sniper rifle in a center mounted weapon harness out of a small aircraft, being able to pull your barrel off is really nice. But you don't know anything about that. Or half the other shit you're talking about.

You jumped your Zeus?

I don't know enough about the Cadex or Desert Tech but I can't think of an action and magazine system that can handle .223 and long action cartridges. You just happened to pick the heart breaker of MC systems

My understanding is that the DTA system will handle those cartridges on one chassis.

- Any gunsmith familiar with the DTA system will be able to make the 6.5x55 barrel
- .223 will have to come from SAC - I believe they are the only game in town for .223 DTA barrel/bolt/mags

Reactions: reubenski
I don't know enough about the Cadex or Desert Tech but I can't think of an action and magazine system that can handle .223 and long action cartridges. You just happened to pick the heart breaker of MC systems
With the DT, you can get a 223 complete conversion from SAC. As you know, the other three families of cartridges are standard DT items.

Have you checked defiance prices lately?

ARC Coup De Grace x2, cost the same as one defiance deviant.
I am truly a rook in the custom action arena...just starting to dive in...so what you are saying is the ARC Coup De Grace should be on my list as a good action at a reasonable price...

10-4

Wrong, Leg. If you've ever jumped a sniper rifle in a center mounted weapon harness out of a small aircraft, being able to pull your barrel off is really nice. But you don't know anything about that. Or half the other shit you're talking about.

Damn... hit em with the leg..... ducked that knife hand from here lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Supersubes
I am truly a rook in the custom action arena...just starting to dive in...so what you are saying is the ARC Coup De Grace should be on my list as a good action at a reasonable price...

10-4
There’s a 112 page thread about them here. At the moment theyre unmatched at any price in my opinion.

How would you feed a medium length action.223 in a CRF bolt head?
You got me there. I was thinking, duh, they make .223 mags, but then I had to do a double duh, that's for the short actions, not the medium.
They do sell .223 bolt heads, so I'm sure feeding a bottleneck, rimless cartridge in a crf action isn't that difficult (magazines not withstanding), since all the other cartridges it's designed for are bottleneck, rimless cartridges (there are a couple niche straight walled cartridges as well)

Someone forgot to tell AI, Barrett, DT, Cadex, and Sako that nobody is interested in their junk MC rifles. That or you are talking out your ass... Hunters don't buy them, PRS shooters don't buy them, everybody running a Savage doesn't buy them either. There are however lots of Tactical Timmies, Gamers, collectors, and ELR shooters who LOVE the system and its capabilities. The market also spoke and they love rifles that cost $600 or less, competitive/tactical/PRS shooters are a tiny slice of the pie.
To add to that shooters in several European countries are limited in the number of rifles they can have by means of various legal ways.

In the UK for example the police have to approve every rifle that you want to buy by adding it to your firearm certificate (aka license) before you can buy it. But you need no such permission to buy a barrel in another caliber for the same rifle

That's why factory (not custom) multi caliber rifles sell there well.

The advantage of a quick change rifle in the states for us civilians just doesn't make logical sense. On the one hand, I may want/need a long range hunting rifle that will be setup completely different than a PRS rig, and both will be setup different than my ELR 300 NM mag rifle. All with different stocks, and different barrels

The advantage of a quick change rifle in the states for us civilians just doesn't make logical sense. On the one hand, I may want/need a long range hunting rifle that will be setup completely different than a PRS rig, and both will be setup different than my ELR 300 NM mag rifle. All with different stocks, and different barrels
Unless…you don’t have room in the safe…

It depends on the purpose of the gun and your personal goal. If you're shooting matches it's the difference between x-counts. If you're hunting it's anything from weight to ease of carrying to part durability.

If you can afford a $10K rifle plus $1500-2500 barrel kits you can afford a bigger safe. Dumb take.
Afford is not the problem, my good sir. The lady of the house would 🤯 lol with another safe.

Hmmm…instead of “death by cop” suicide, this would be “death by safe.” Filing this idea away for later when I get excruciating slow-acting terminal cancer!