• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 Optics and Rings

cordovan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
New Mexico
Any recommendations for optics and rings to go with the new 452 LUX?

For glass I'm looking at up to $350. I've got a tasco SS with mildot which I like on a .308 but I'm not married to mildot.

To be honest, I'm looking for suggestions on what other people have done so I can start researching those. This will be my first scope on a 22. The other 22's I have are made pre 1920's.

Re: CZ 452 Optics and Rings

I dont have any real suggestions. I am still learning but before you are going to get any help people are going to want to know stuff like: price range, magnification, rectical, turrets and probly some other things.

We have NIKON Buckmaster 6X18X40 Mil Dot Side Focus on several and they are a best buy at $299. They come with sun shade/target knobs and lifetime warranty. These are very bright and clear, and the side focus will spoil you. We use the HotRod9mm base with 20 moa built in, and Burris medium quick relese rings. Regards

I have been using a Weaver V-16 it is an excellent scope, it tracks wells and has nice clear glass. As far as Rings Get a Hotrod9mm weaver stlye base and a set up Burris signature Zee rings with inserts.

If you are looking to use this as a cheap ammo trainer for the .308 then another SS would make a lot of sense. The 10x works well at .22 ranges.

TC

Good advice that... I put a Leupold MK4 3.5-10 w/M3 turrets back on my 452..I wore out a BSA Sweet 22 adjusting for varying distances.

Leupold 4x, 2-7x, 3-9x can all be had for less than $400...

For hunting a 2X7 Leupold rimfire is great.
For targets a 6X20 Nikon is also very good.

Elite 3200 3/9-40. I've got one on my kids cz youth and the both of us really like it. Really is a good choice for the money. Scope 200.00+- plus rings.

Elite 3200 10x40mm mildot is a good one. It has target knobs and is easy to reset for near zero and turn to the moa number for drop compensation. I set mine up for smallbore sil. shooting: zero at 25, +1moa at 50, +3.5moa at 75, +7.5moa at 100. Granted it was for a specific match ammo, but it works pretty good the way the scope is set up. My.02.

I agree with Kaz. Have several Nikon's and for the price they are clear and nice scopes. That 6x18 would be a good scope if you like that much magnifacation. You can always turn down the power but you can't go up if it is not there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a Falcon 4-14 FFP on mine.

Low Burris Xtreme 30 mm rings with Hotrod9mm base.

</div></div>
Do you have pics of this setup??? Im looking to mate the falcon 4-14ffp on my 452 Varmint using the Rimfire tech 20moa base as well... Just curious as to how those rings looked on that setup... Thanks

I was also going to suggest the 6x18 buckmaaster, luv it on my VSSF in 223. Lapped in some Burris XTR's for it and have been very pleased. Nikon is some great glass for the $. Clicks are crisp and audible, glass is clear and bright. Mine came with both low profile and tall target type turrets.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a Falcon 4-14 FFP on mine.

</div></div>
Do you have pics of this setup??? Im looking to mate the falcon 4-14ffp on my 452 Varmint using the Rimfire tech 20moa base as well... Just curious as to how those rings looked on that setup... Thanks
</div></div>
I'll take some tonight and post.

Got a Falcon 4-14 FFP on my CZ 452 Varmint also. Used a rimfiretechnologies.com 11mm to weaver dovetail rail and Warne medium rings. The bolt handle JUST clears the rear of the scope.

Don't use Millett 11mm medium rings, bolt won't open.

OK, here are some pics:
DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

I can take others if you would like to see something in particular.

I tried a couple of differtent rings and the Millets looked to be a good option till they broke, a first time for me, I then bought the CZ rings made for their mount and they fit perfectly, cost about $50 but money well spent, never a problem and they fit perfectly and look nice holding a Nikon 6.5x20, which is a great scope at 50 and 100 yards, I like the fine reticle due to it allowing me to be spot on with my aim and it allows you to see flys at 50 yards on the target, most did not know they just became the target and lost,

I have a BSA Sweet 17 on mine. I don't know what the opposite expression is for "lipstick on a pig," but it would fit. Later I got a pic rail for the CZ-452 for migrating a USO to it. Haven't mounted it though, yet....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a Falcon 4-14 FFP on mine.

</div></div>
</div></div>
I'll take some tonight and post. </div></div>

Wow that setup looks damn near perfect. Do you think a buttler creek objective cover would still fit on those mounts? Ive heard the stock Falcon ones arent that great.

Thanks for the pictures though, looks beautiful. Have you shot it yet like that?

lrwest, I too have a CZ 452 .22lr. I have a Tasco 6-24x40 on the CZ.

I think the Weaver V16 would work great on your trainer.

I do own a V16.

For all your .22 rimfire needs go to Rimfire Central.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, here are some pics:
DSC_0065.jpg
</div></div>

I think we got us a winner...

I'm hoping Burris .22 Rimfire/Airgun rings are for an 11mm receiver, because thats what I ordered. High height, and matte finished. They were only 30 shipped and (now thanks to being out of stock), I have to wait to shoot the new 452V. I opted for a non-picatinny setup for the time being, because almost everything i've seen on rigs here or elsewhere are sold out. Backordered. Etc.