• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 questions

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
1. What size is my dovetail?
Is it a 3/8" or 11 mm?

I measured it with calipers at the top, the wide section of thew dovetail and it's 11.3mm
& .445" or so. ?? That make sit clear as mud!

2.Also trying to figure the cost effective way to go on Rings & base.

I can get set up with Burriss Zee signature rings and an inset kit for plus moa for about $67.

It looks like a EGW base or DIP (forever back ordered? They're ignoring my multiple e-mails) >;(

will cost about $45 for a base and good rings about $45-50?

3. I noticed the barrel is pressing pretty/really firm against the right side of the barrel channel for the whole length of the forearms. I pulled it out of the stock several times and tried to get it centered but no dice. (452 American Varmint, wood stock)

What are 'smiths doing on these? Relieve the barrel channel on the right or??

Got the trigger light & slick last night. A little stoning & coaxing and it's now incredible. At least from my experience this particular unit- I can't believe there was so much "cz crappy trigger" talk going around.

Please advise & suggest...

Thanks,
Tres

Re: CZ 452 questions

Tres,
It is 11mm if it measures .445.
Check Joe Bob's outfitters for a DIP Base. EGW is fine for your purposes if you can find one.
I have Burris Xtreme rings on my rig. They are fine but will possibly need lapping. Burris Zee rings with inserts are fine as well but I would go with the picatinny style and rail, not the tip offs. Go with a rail either way.
My Varmint has a bedding nut on the barrel. Since I put it in the Tacticool stock I can't decide whether to float or bed. I will try both and let you know. If the barrel is touching where its not suposed to I would say relieve the problem area.
I didn't figure you would have any problem with that trigger. I bet you know how to hone a knife too, bravo
smile.gif

Thanks Pl8.

Your handy. I'l have to let you know next time I'll be on your side of the mtn.

From my target rifle, machinist & gunsmith experience: having looked at the 1 barrel screw & 1 action screw set up, I'd bed from the back of the action about 3/4 in front of the barrel screw boss. A skim coat would do it and probably stabilize the action & stock fit despite the "live" wood stock responding to weather.

When I ordered my rail from DIP, I called them. Leave a message if they don't answer. Really great guy to talk with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FoxtrotBravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I ordered my rail from DIP, I called them. Leave a message if they don't answer. Really great guy to talk with. </div></div>

this exactly

I believe American's are the only 452ZKL's that are 3/8 rails....

I relieved the stock when I bedded mine (Varmint, but the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">barrel</span> stock problem was the same) but its a victim of my ADD and I have no pictures...