• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys CZ 455/457 Keystone GM&Bartlein Custom 22LR Barrel Group Buy #2

Mine was shown to arrived yesterday. I tried using FedEx but they refuse to ship because the address in their database is a 4 rooms house so i swapped to USPS.

I hope when everyone gets theirs they post some pics as it'll be awhile before I can finish mine.

Still waiting on mine as well, but I'll post pics once it arrives. I can't remember, is Kestone sending out shipping notices when it ships?

Reactions: pepelefrog
To whatever email you sent me. Make sure you check spam

I haven't received a shipping notification yet either. I figure they haven't sent them out yet if they just shipped them today. Nothing in spam or anywhere else.

I haven't received a shipping notification yet either. I figure they haven't sent them out yet if they just shipped them today. Nothing in spam or anywhere else.
Same i just check, did not get an email on the tracking. I'll wait and see if something show up.

I just received an email from John Scandale with the tracking number. There was a glitch somewhere. Check your email and your spam file. You’ll get it. We are in good hands.

I just received an email from John Scandale with the tracking number. There was a glitch somewhere. Check your email and your spam file. You’ll get it. We are in good hands.

I should have my package tomorrow.
Chassis should be here Friday.
Looking forward to getting to check it out.

Padom , thank you for your work you put into this group buy.

Damn! Mine won’t be here until Monday. Shoot em fast, dudes! Let me know what I should be looking forward to

Mine will be here today. Got my loctite 609 in hand and a beautiful forecast for the weekend. Can’t wait to shoot her.

Reactions: Greg0326
Mine arrived safely and it looks great!

Padom… What ammo have you found that has the correct rim thickness to work well with this headspace? BTW, thanks for organizing this group buy, I'm looking forward to getting this setup and shooting as soon as I can.

I got my package today.
Looks great.
I should have the chassis and loctite on Friday.
I will try to shoot it this weekend.

Thanks for running the group buy.

I'm jealous of you guys. Mine won't arrive until Monday. I have some Lapua Center-X, SK Standard +, SK Rifle Match, Wolf Match Target, and some CCI I'm going to test it out with. Definitely post up what is working well.

CCI probably won't even close the bolt. Wouldnt in mine. You bought a custom 22lr with a set headspace. Gotta shoot ammo that chamber/headspace is designed for...

CCI probably won't even close the bolt. Wouldnt in mine. You bought a custom 22lr with a set headspace. Gotta shoot ammo that chamber/headspace is designed for...

If it doesn't work with the headspace, it doesn't work. It's just what I have laying around right now along with the others I mentioned.

SK RM and Federal Match 922A are going to be your 2 cheapest accurate ammo. SK Pistol Match and Pistol Match Special also shot lights out. SK+ always had flyers but was pretty damn accurate foe the money. Really gotta lot test it.. CenterX was good to.

But if ultimate accuracy is your goal, lot testing UltraMatch/R50 is where its at...

Reactions: catalyst81
SK rifle match is shooting well for me currently. The lot of R50 I got to test was cracking supersonic and wouldn’t group for crap at 200, but shot great at 50. SK is sub Moa at 50 & 100. Best groups I got at 200 were 2” in the wind.

SK rifle match is shooting well for me currently. The lot of R50 I got to test was cracking supersonic and wouldn’t group for crap at 200, but shot great at 50. SK is sub Moa at 50 & 100. Best groups I got at 200 were 2” in the wind.

2" in wind @ 200 is really fucking good.

Don't wor4y about cracking supersonic. My ultramatch does that and chrono @ 1111 and is hands down most accurate ammo past 100yd. See my RimX post today? Shot a 0.187" 100yd group and 0.596 6x5 AGG with then cracking supersonic Ultramatch ... its all in the lot and wind. If you dont want that R50 send me a box and if it shoots good in my RimX ill buy it off you. If you're trying to get rid of it that is...

Anything past 100yd the wind plays a HUGE factor on group size...I left at 7:30 this morning to shoot as it was dead calm. My target reflected that

Mine arrived last night. Fit and finish look great. Cleaned the areas where the loctite was applied with a lil lacquer thinner and have it curing vertically. Gonna shoot the heck outta of it this weekend. BIG shout out to pardom and Keystone, for putting this together, thank y’all. Will post pics and group later

Mine arrived last night. Fit and finish look great. Cleaned the areas where the loctite was applied with a lil lacquer thinner and have it curing vertically. Gonna shoot the heck outta of it this weekend. BIG shout out to pardom and Keystone, for putting this together, thank y’all. Will post pics and group later
How much glue did you end up using? I’m sure this is simpler than I’m making it out to be.

Think about smearing out a very thin layer the size of 2 postage stamps. It’s not very much at all. Make sure to clean/degrease both areas, barrel and action where they’ll join. Allow it to cure in a vertical position and allow 24 hrs min. This is what I did. Not saying it’s best or what you should do.

Its very easy. Squirt it liberally 360 around the barrel tenon, smear it around with your finger to make sure entire tenon is covered. You want it thick on there to fill in any low spots, etc. In receiver. Push the action in with the bolt closed and twist right and left to center up extractor grooves... wipe off excess and let dry vertically with barrel clamped in vice for 24hr. Its super easy

I forget to hit the place order button for the Loc Tite. I should have it Monday.
Checked the tracking on the chassis still says in transit.

Shot some 200yd groups today with R50 and a steady 3mph breeze. Got a different lot and it did pretty well. Call it minute of ketchup packet lol

Attachments

• 03E7B29D-DA13-49E3-BD97-E73A7CB0ABA8.jpeg
    03E7B29D-DA13-49E3-BD97-E73A7CB0ABA8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • 70FE8E32-FDE0-41A7-9B77-44505214EF28.jpeg
    70FE8E32-FDE0-41A7-9B77-44505214EF28.jpeg
    791.1 KB · Views: 82
I was able to get mine out today and shoot a little. It was only about 30 yds. but that's all I got for now.

20200517_162050.jpg

Started with some cci sv to get me zero and then shot a few 10 shot groups.

20200517_175027.jpg

20200517_175111.jpg

I also shot some rws subsonic hp and eley subsonic hp. All of them shot pretty consistently. My only problem was I was getting failure to ejects with just the sk. I think my extractor is worn or damaged so I ordered a new one. Hopefully that will be a simple fix.
20200517_191557.jpg

Shot a couple 50yd benchrest matches today. 6 CZs (1 being mine...well technically it’s @padom ’s old rifle) 2 Anschutz single shot bench guns, 1 sako, and 1 RPR. Came in 3rd after the 2 Anschutz in the first match, then came in 1st the second match. I just made someone a bunch of money bc all those factory CZ rifles I beat will soon have bartlein prefits lol

Reactions: padom
Shot a couple 50yd benchrest matches today. 6 CZs (1 being mine...well technically it’s @padom ’s old rifle) 2 Anschutz single shot bench guns, 1 sako, and 1 RPR. Came in 3rd after the 2 Anschutz in the first match, then came in 1st the second match. I just made someone a bunch of money bc all those factory CZ rifles I beat will soon have bartlein prefits lol

Awesome man!

I'm jealous of you guys! Mine should be on the big brown truck today so hopefully I'll get it glued today and out shooting later this week.

Remember Bartlein prefits are a different barrel than what you and this group buy has.

You guys have full custom fit and headspaced barrels specific to your actions with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber.

The Bartlein prefits have a Bentz chamber, arent headspaced or fit to your action..They shoot good, but not like these custom Bartleins.