• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 American in 22 WMR

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
I purchased one of these last year to play with. I shot it in a 50 yard tunnel to establish a base line of accuracy with different brands of ammo. The Federal Premium and the CCI 30 grain HV +P shot best, 1" for five shots.

I cut the barrel from 20" to 16 3/8", re-crowned and threaded it 1/2-28 for a suppressor. I shot it again today at 50 yards, no suppressor and no tunnel, same ammo test. The Federal Premium and CCI HV+P again shot best but, Federal now shoots the best. The CCI was .600" and the Federal was .400", each for five shots. It seems the shorter barrel and new crown did help with accuracy by a substantial margin. It did much better today in the air than it did before in the tunnel.

I just wanted to share this bit of info with you just in case someone is contemplating a barrel chop and on the fence.

Re: CZ 455 American in 22 WMR

Thanks for the report Roscoe.

I'm curious as to how much of the accuracy improvement is the result of the re-crown vs. the shortening of the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Situation Normal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious as to how much of the accuracy improvement is the result of the re-crown vs. the shortening of the barrel. </div></div>

Probably 75% or more would be my guess. A new crown is always a good investment with any factory grade rifle.

Mr. Roscoe,
Thanks for posting this. What type of suppressor are you intending to use on your rifle? I recently purchased a 452 Scout for my son and have been thoroughly impressed with the little rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aubrey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Roscoe,
Thanks for posting this. What type of suppressor are you intending to use on your rifle? I recently purchased a 452 Scout for my son and have been thoroughly impressed with the little rifle. </div></div>

Gemtech Alpine