• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 vs Tikka T1x

bogeycentral

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2018
At the risk of bringing this up in one of the other current threads, and having it go completely sideways, I figured I would ask it here. For those that have the new Tikka T1x, do you see any discernible improvement over the CZ 455? Reason I ask, is that I recently picked up a CZ, and before I go furterndown the rabbit hole of building it, I was curious on input. In all likelihood, I will likely not change the barrel on it to a another caliber. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_5404.JPG

They are both good options. I have a few friends with multiple custom Cz's, got another buddy who sold a anschutz smallbore match rifle with the intention of getting a CZ VPT until he handled my then stock Tikka T1x, he immediately left my house and went to the bank then scheels to get the Tikka, for essentially the same money would have spent on the VPT he built this and is talking about shooting a smallbore match or 2 under the fclass option it shoots that good on top of nrl22 and prs practice20181217_190439.jpg

At the end of the day, they are both good guns with pluses and minuses and if you are sub moa @ 100, a couple more cases of match ammo is the best investment IMO but I am glad I have my Tikka....

Reactions: bogeycentral
There is now and will always be more aftermarket accessories available for the CZ's than the Tikka. Although I have several Berreta shotguns and swear by them I've never warmed up the Sako-Tikka line of rifles, mostly because of their business practices. I sent a new Sako 75 ss rifle back for warranty work on a stock that the action was loose in and they returned it with a note that "that" won't effect accuracy. Maybe not but I paid for quality and thats what I expect.

At the risk of bringing this up in one of the other current threads, and having it go completely sideways, I figured I would ask it here. For those that have the new Tikka T1x, do you see any discernible improvement over the CZ 455? Reason I ask, is that I recently picked up a CZ, and before I go furterndown the rabbit hole of building it, I was curious on input. In all likelihood, I will likely not change the barrel on it to a another caliber. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 6994739

I have 2 CZ 455, one in 22LR and 17HMR. A that has been done to them, is a Trigger spring change. Both are great shooters. I picked up a Tikka T1X a week ago. I am waiting on a DIP Base and a Yo Dave spring kit to take it to the field. I like the feel of the T1x. As fas as mods, the T1X can use any thing made for the T3X. Rails are slowly coming out, but mags not out in the US, I am sure they are on the way. I hope the T1X will stack up to my CZ's. I have seen some groups online. I can't wait to shoot some.
plus IMO, for the T1x is the trigger. It is easier to adjust and is easier to change out to after market.
Mark

In my opinion you might want to wait till the CZ457 has a bunch of reviews.

It addresses a lot of the complaints people had with the 455 but still retains the magazines and switch barrels. Some wish it was like the 452/453 for barrel attachment but by using the 455 barrels on the 457 you can upgrade to a Lilja if you want.

Between just the 455 and T1x I would lean towards the T1x and I own a 455.

Both are good choices but it boils down to personal preference

I'm waiting for the stainless version of the T1X. I guess you could call it my New Year's resolution . . .

I own a customized 455. No complaints whatsoever

On a related note, what do we know about these Lithgow Arms rimfire rifles imported by Legacy Sports?

lithgow_crossoverla101_blacksynthetic-1024x350.png

I'm waiting for the stainless version of the T1X. I guess you could call it my New Year's resolution . . .

I own a customized 455. No complaints whatsoever

On a related note, what do we know about these Lithgow Arms rimfire rifles imported by Legacy Sports?

View attachment 6995246

Obviously from Australia and more reviews from there but over on RFC the few reviews seem to show that they are accurate and smooth. I think I have read 1 bad report of a rifle here in the US.

Not a whole lot of aftermarket support here but they don’t need a whole lot done to them. Seems they are a step above Cz in accuracy, fit and finish and are nipping on the heals of some Annie’s.

Would like to see one locally and handle one to verify how they are.

If you’re serious you might want to find some Australian forums to see what more they say.

ive put thousands and thousands of rounds through my LA101 (mostly sk rifle match)
please ignore the stock, its a one off that i was lucky enough to obtain.
groups were 10rds at 50yards.
2018-12-16_08-01-28.jpg
20180831_102841.jpg
2018-08-31_07-37-47.jpg

Last edited:
There is now and will always be more aftermarket accessories available for the CZ's than the Tikka.

Huh?
You can easily get aftermarket stuff for the Tikka, anything that fits a T3 will work on the T1x. At the moment there are a few issues with stocks not quite being a drop in fit, but that will be fixed in time without a doubt.

I have a T1x and a 452 American, whilst I really like the CZ the Tikka is the better rifle. The CZ is a pain to fit a scope low as the bolt hits the eyepiece and I sometimes have issues with brass hitting the windage turret and landing back in the action.
The factory trigger on the T1x is better, the bolts is snappier and the 60° lift is way better, 10 shot mag standard, factory threaded, the T1x stock can be easily accessorised to suit your style of shooting, there are replacement bolt handles for the T1x and a 16" 22lr option.

There are plenty of reasons to buy the T1 ovet a CZ, it just depends what your priorities are.

That being said I love my 452 and I wont be selling it, but the more I use my T1 the less reasons I see for me to use my CZ.

Edit: also the T1 safety is better.
There is a CZ 457 coming out soon which should level the playing field, but unless you want a wooden stock or something specific from one of the models I think the T1 will stock be the more adaptable rifle.

I got my Dip base , and scope on my T1X today. I cleaned the gun and adjust the trigger ( Yo Dave spring kit coming) I one thing I don't like on the T1X is the lack of a rubber butt pad. I know I can get a T3X pad, but it should come with one. CZ's come with one. No big deal.

Mark

The new CZ fixes the bolt throw issue, but it has a smaller receiver.

I've had a couple CZs and neither would shoot. I can't imagine a Tikka that won't shoot, although I have shot, handled, or owned the T1x. I'd still get the Tikka 8 days a week.

Although I have several Berreta shotguns and swear by them I've never warmed up the Sako-Tikka line of rifles, mostly because of their business practices. I sent a new Sako 75 ss rifle back for warranty work on a stock that the action was loose in and they returned it with a note that "that" won't effect accuracy. Maybe not but I paid for quality and thats what I expect.

The trick when dealing with Beretta USA for warranty work is to never deal with Beretta USA. Always deal with their authorized service/repair centers. They are fully authorized to perform any and all warranty and non-warranty work on the firearms listed on this webpage: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/customer-service/find-a-service-center/

Looks like Midwest Gun Works, Bolsa Gunsmithing, and Gunsmithing LTD all service rifles.

I have a 686 White Onyx Sporting and if it ever needs any service (warranty or not) it will never go to Beretta, it will go to Cole Gunsmithing.

Reactions: DFC