• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

Looks like they’re in Estonia. I just saw in stock and sent it. Looks to be legit. We will see I guess, haha.

Reactions: 22fun
Just an FYI, the 25-round mags "for" the 512 should work in 455-457s if you're looking for more shots - and don't care about the 'big banana' hanging there :rolleyes:

Reactions: mulish
Keep us posted on what you think about the aluminum magwell and how the mags fit it. I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing but hear the mags fit really tight as opposed to the plastic one. I definitely don’t want it happening in a match but don’t want to fight loading mags either.
Not sure what happened here......maybe bore cleaning solvent....maybe tightened too much at one point. Never had an issue before.

IMG_5933.JPGIMG_5934.JPGIMG_5935.JPG

That being said...the DIP aluminum components fit great, no mag feeding issues at all, and very well made. I'm about to swap these into my other 2 rifles and do have a PRS on Sat to really test it.

IMG_5931.JPGIMG_5932.JPGIMG_5930.JPG

Glad I bought 3 of each. I also did go with the extended mag block since I was already in there anyways.

Reactions: lash and RedDawn
Hey guys. I ordered a VPT MTR from my dealer 7 months ago and still no word on when it might be in. Does anyone have close ties to either CZ or Manners and have an idea about what the hang up might be? I'd greatly appreciate some insider information.

I wasn't planning on messing with my PRS rifle the day before a match, but.....the aluminum magwell, and block took just a few minutes to swap out.

Great quality and no more plastic to potentially fail.....The DIP products are cheap and easy insurance well worth it.

IMG_5945.JPGIMG_5947.JPGIMG_5948.JPG

I wasn't planning on messing with my PRS rifle the day before a match, but.....the aluminum magwell, and block took just a few minutes to swap out.

Great quality and no more plastic to potentially fail.....The DIP products are cheap and easy insurance well worth it.

View attachment 8082740View attachment 8082738View attachment 8082739
Wow that looks great maybe even easier to No look load with the extension. I can only find the standard aluminum mag well Here is there another place to get the extension ?

I went shooting last Wednesday after work.
I have a 20” CZ 457 At-One with the Match chamber the same as the MTR
It is threaded 1/2”x 20 unlike the US spec. rifles which are threaded 1/2”x 28.
I installed it in an MDT XRS chassis after the MDT Black Friday sale but I didn't have a chance to shoot it till now.
I was shooting at a distance of 25M at an indoor range.

I was testing various types of ammo and I was blown away by this particular group.
It is not indicative of what the rifle can typically do but it impressed me just the same.
All groups are 5 shots.
0-BFBD674-901-E-47-BB-A64-B-5-E368-D46-A220.jpg

9-FFF94-A2-3-FAC-48-A2-BD7-C-779-AFE031-B27.jpg

1731-F17-A-9119-4-FEC-9852-BE22401-E5-B5-E.jpg

I went shooting last Wednesday after work.
I have a 20” CZ 457 At-One with the Match chamber the same as the MTR
It is threaded 1/2”x 20 unlike the US spec. rifles which are threaded 1/2”x 28.
I installed it in an MDT XRS chassis after the MDT Black Friday sale but I didn't have a chance to shoot it till now.
I was shooting at a distance of 25M at an indoor range.

I was testing various types of ammo and I was blown away by this particular group.
It is not indicative of what the rifle can typically do but it impressed me just the same.
All groups are 5 shots.
View attachment 8090727
View attachment 8090729
View attachment 8090730
Looks good, I’d like to see how it does at 50.

Does anyone have experience with getting the 457 stable on a barricade on a gamechanger etc. without the 10 rd mag becoming the pivot point?

457 pro varmint still in the boyd's stock.

Thanks

Can you change barrels say from a 17hmr to a 22lr barrel without having to change anything else? On the cz 457

Does anyone have experience with getting the 457 stable on a barricade on a gamechanger etc. without the 10 rd mag becoming the pivot point?

457 pro varmint still in the boyd's stock.

Thanks
I can't even fathom what that would look like.

You should not be that far forward. The balance point should be in front of the mag well/ release.

Just joined the group. I installed a Lilja barrel in my 457VPT this week. First trip to the range in months and shot my first 2500 card. Scope is Athlon Argos 10-40 X 56. Short little 16.5" barrel is impressive .

My other CZ is a 457 Varmint with a MTR barrel installed.

I can't even fathom what that would look like.

You should not be that far forward. The balance point should be in front of the mag well/ release.
You're not wrong, but do you own or have you shot the pro varmint? Your comment leads me to believe you don't/haven't. It won't do that without modification which is why I am asking what others have done.

The 16" 457 pro varmint in the factory boyds varmint stock won't even come close to balancing in front of the magwell - AFTER I melted lead and filled the empty channel underneath the barrel that is in the factory stock. That is why I am asking. So when the rifle is placed far enough up onto a game changer the mag acts like a pivot. This is my daughter's rifle, so trying to get it right.

My next step is to add 1/2" steel bar to the sides of the forearm like folks do on some chassis. The setup includes an area 419 pic rail and a Vortex g2 pst 3-15x44.

Just looking to see what others may have tried that was successful.

You're not wrong, but do you own or have you shot the pro varmint? Your comment leads me to believe you don't/haven't. It won't do that without modification which is why I am asking what others have done.

The 16" 457 pro varmint in the factory boyds varmint stock won't even come close to balancing in front of the magwell - AFTER I melted lead and filled the empty channel underneath the barrel that is in the factory stock. That is why I am asking. So when the rifle is placed far enough up onto a game changer the mag acts like a pivot. This is my daughter's rifle, so trying to get it right.

My next step is to add 1/2" steel bar to the sides of the forearm like folks do on some chassis. The setup includes an area 419 pic rail and a Vortex g2 pst 3-15x44.

Just looking to see what others may have tried that was successful.
I have shot one or two but it's been awhile. It's probably try an all steel arca to start since you added the lead, although I'd have gone with a lilja .900 straight barrel to begin with before anything else. They are the single biggest upgrade, before great glass, since good ammo is a given.

Reactions: rookie7
I've got a 24" 'At One' in a KRG Bravo. Thinking hard about a Varmint 20" and either sticking that in the KRG or buying a 2nd KRG and using the 'At One' in the backyard with the suppressor on it

The longer barrel seems OK in MARS matches, but I only have the one rimfire and 'two is one and one is none.'

...or am I bonkers?

M

It's 'new rifle day!' Woot!

Just picked up another 457. This time in Varmint.

The KRG Bravo is already here. The DIP Picatinny rail is here. The Silent Thunder magwell bit is here.

Only thing that's not here is an ARCA rail.

The downside to the Varmint barrel is that there's no threading for a suppressor. Aah well. There's always the At-One that I put the suppressor on for backyard practice rifle.

M

Reactions: got2hav1
Having a hard time choosing between the MDT and the KRG. Going to be shooting local matches at 50 and 32 yards. Have the varmint.

I may have that Manners on the PX soon. Also debating the MDT going for sale.

Last edited:
The match went ok to be honest, it’s not like I expected the chassis to give me ten extra points.

It was also much more difficult than the last one, lots of moving from one end to the other of barricades , lots of panning along troop lines at distances.

One was a 3 target troop line with the last being a KYL target that in prone wasn’t really visible on purpose through tall grass. 15rd. The smaller ones most people timed out on.

Overall I’m happy, but waiting on side rails for the MPA chassis. I have Manners on all my centerfire stuff and love those. I also need to mentally run through stages better which comes with going out and competing and watching.

It was my 4th PRS match.

Reactions: lash and RedDawn
I ordered 4 mags from CZ Parts and they got here in less than a week at regular pricing. Just an FYI.

Reactions: WileyG
Ordered a steel 10-rounder mag from CZparts as plastic ones were out of stock. Expensive, but really well made in my opinion. Heavier and better quality than similar mags by Savage. Plastic and metal mags:

1680285141143.jpeg

Ordered a steel 10-rounder mag from CZparts as plastic ones were out of stock. Expensive, but really well made in my opinion. Heavier and better quality than similar mags by Savage. Plastic and metal mags:

View attachment 8109281
Interdasting. Going to be reloading mags for my dad tomorrow....once he gets started on the CZ it's all I can do to keep a mag full.....you shoot these metal ones yet? I could use a few more

Interdasting. Going to be reloading mags for my dad tomorrow....once he gets started on the CZ it's all I can do to keep a mag full.....you shoot these metal ones yet? I could use a few more
Just came in last night. I’ll probably get out on Monday and will report back.

Reactions: atepointer
I've got a 24" 'At One' in a KRG Bravo. Thinking hard about a Varmint 20" and either sticking that in the KRG or buying a 2nd KRG and using the 'At One' in the backyard with the suppressor on it

The longer barrel seems OK in MARS matches, but I only have the one rimfire and 'two is one and one is none.'

...or am I bonkers?

M
Personally, I've found my 24" At-one will shoot with ANY of my heavy barreled CZ's between 50 and 100 yds. ( Even my former MTR). The 24" mid taper is also very popular with the ARA guys so that tells you something.

Reactions: Appalachian
Personally, I've found my 24" At-one will shoot with ANY of my heavy barreled CZ's between 50 and 100 yds. ( Even my former MTR). The 24" mid taper is also very popular with the ARA guys so that tells you something.
Sighted in the scope on the new Varmint this afternoon. You may be right, but moving that extra 4" out of barricades makes things 'interesting.' Here's hoping that the shorter barrel will make that easier.

I'm not very good at making good positions yet, so all the help I can get is needed

M

I’ve been wanting to get into rimfire for a while and finally made it happen this week. The side hustle finally generated enough gun funds. Picked up a plain Jane CZ457 Varmint, added an Area 419 ARCA rail, bolt knob, and 50 MOA base. Also added the Timney trigger, Matthews Fab cheek riser, and topped with an Arken EP5. SK match looks like it wants to shoot so I’m going to run that for now.

What type of accuracy with rimfire do you need for say PRS 22 or NRL22? I’m assuming sub minute is good enough just like center fire

Attachments

• 40DBB003-3CFE-48E9-8812-BB20C56AF503.jpeg
    40DBB003-3CFE-48E9-8812-BB20C56AF503.jpeg
    993.3 KB · Views: 224
  • CF20CCBD-8917-490A-A3DA-2C2AB1A9503D.jpeg
    CF20CCBD-8917-490A-A3DA-2C2AB1A9503D.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 224