• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Daddy-Daughter Day(girly AR furniture)

KYbulldog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2013
Kentucky
It poured cats and dogs most of the day Saturday, so off to the indoor range we went so my girl could try out her AR. We had a great time, she's a natural, and if you live in KY, she's a crack shot ;) Anyway the standard black MOE furniture just wasn't girly enough. So after we got home I grabbed what cans of Krylon I had and some masking tape, and a few hours later with the help of the hairdryer(appropriate, I thought, the use of the hairdryer for this creation)
a one off girly camo...
GirlyAR15.jpg

girlsrangeday.jpg

Well done, Dad (on all counts)!!

She looks like she's having a ball and while I'm not too big on pink digi-cam patterns, the rifle looks pretty darn good. ;)

Thanks! We had a blast. I gave her the choice of white or tan(olive) with the two pinks. She went with the tan…good taste. With the white we probably would have needed a Hello Kitty sticker on it somewhere. After she finished shooting her AR, her younger brother gave her some instruction on shooting his Buckmark. Now, this was her first trip to the range. Before we left the house I went over the range rules, safety, gun operation etc. I only told her once about where the muzzle points. This pic shows her taking her attention off downrange and looking toward her brother…but look where the gun is pointed. That's not normal even for an adult. Proud poppa, I am.
sibshoot.jpg

Congrats on doing anything necessary to bring the girl to the range and to all the pink rifles haters, it is still a rifle who cares what color it is.
Well done.
Cheers

Nice. Looks like she's having a blast. Both my daughters enjoy a range day with dad as well. The simple pleasure life offers us. Very blessed we are. Jaybird

We had a great time, she's a natural, and if you live in KY, she's a crack shot ;

Does that mean she's not a crack shot if I DON'T live in Kentucky??

My wife is one of those pink rifle haters. She told me her AR WILL be black! Still, pretty cool that your daughter loves to shoot and is mature and responsible on the range. It's also very cool she was able to paint her rifle the way she wanted it. Tell her congratulations for us

Her next one should be black, for evening.

The price of ammo is sort of limiting, but I've taught a couple of girls to shoot, ARs right after .22s. Big grins and when can we go again.

Sort of loud, but the rifles are fairly light, perfect for girls, no recoil, no sore shoulders the next day. Stocks usually telescope, easy to get a decent fit on smaller arms. My dot would rather go to an action area with an AR, over a round of sporting clays/skeet.

Also easier for some people to shoot a carbine v. a pistol. You want them to be successful and keep an eager attitude.

Good job, Dad.

Her next one should be black, for evening.

LOL. Perfect. The pink pattern got applied to the replaced set of furniture, so it's a quick change back into the "evening attire" (Black Magpul MOE).

And MistWolf…She's a crack shot no matter what state your from:)…and her Daddy is honing his long range skills with the .308 LOL
dontrunyoullonlydietired.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments. They grow up so fast.:(

KYBulldog, that's awesome to see. I'm not sure I enjoy anything more than taking a day or two to spend some quality time with the kiddos and provide them invaluable education in the process. I couldn't help but think of my daughter when I saw your post. I thought for sure she would love a pink rig, but it turns out, she "wouldn't even consider it" because the "deer will be able to see her". Ellie recently became a movie star in a video Magpul put on their Facebook page. Interesting how kids will associate a meaning with a symbol during tough times. Good shootin' brother...