• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Danny "DarkEagle" Memorial Match results

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We enjoyed a very good turnout for this special match.

It was nice to see some new shooters, and I`m pretty sure they enjoyed themselves. The winds were pesky, but thankfully the humidity was down from what we have had to deal with lately.

Here are today`s results!

1. Andy M. 197-20V ($250)
laugh.gif

2. STP 196-21V
3. JDA Sr 196-18V
4. Rob 195-25V
5. Mike 195-20V
6. Kevin M 193-20V
7. Jeff 192-13V
8. Dan 186-16V
9. Sled 185-5V
10. Brian 179-11V
11. Jim 179-9V
12. Greg L 178-10V
13. Tim S 177-8V
14. David 171-9V
15. Jim 163-10V
16. Mike B 163-3V
17. Chris 162-4V
18. Tim 114-1V

Special thanks to JDA Sr. for all the help today changing targets with the 4-wheeler.
(First time someone has arrived at our match before <span style="font-weight: bold">I </span> got there!)

Also, thanks to Bobby M. and the Shumway`s for providing the door prizes.

Thanks to all!

Scott

Re: Danny "DarkEagle" Memorial Match results

Congrats to Andy and everyone else. Lots of good scores. Thanks for all of the work that went into organizing this and for the generous door prizes. It was good seeing everyone and meeting those of you who I hadn't met before.

as everyone can see from the scores, the competion was stiff
i think the best shooter won congrats to Andy
lots of new faces hope every one enjoyed and will come back for more fun
too bad some of the old faces didnt participate, but the summer gets pretty busy, i guess

Thanks to everyone for coming today. It was a GREAT shoot.

There were at least 5 guys right down to the wire.

The second set of targets and the 4 wheeler to swap them was greatly appreciated and made the shoot go very smoothly.

Danny would be proud - I am sure he was watching today - maybe he had a little something to do with the wind
wink.gif

I am thinking we should make this an annual event if there is interest to continue.

Thanks again for all those who helped and for those that participated!

Dan

It was a great day for sure. Watching Andy hammer those shots out like it is easy is very enjoyable. We all know it isn't easy, he just makes it look that way.

Thanks again to everyone involved in putting this match on.

Great shooting everyone! Sorry I missed the match! I had a screwed up weekend schedule wise. See you at the next one.

I remember a time when two fathers and two sons would attend rifle matches with the fathers proud to see their sons do well.

I was very proud to watch my boy win yesterday.

I only wish it was still the four of us.

Much thanks to Dan to Nancy Shumway, Scotty Woodward, and John Anderson. We were treated to an extremely well organized and run event; a truly fitting tribute to Danny and the huge potential our sport has lost in his passing. Knowing Danny, I am pretty sure he's smiling.

I would really love to do this again.

The awards went to precisely the right people, and I am pleased to see that Danny's Teammate has carried on in both of their fine traditions. Scotty conceded nothing, and his achivement is indicative of his usual tenacious approach to puttin' 'em in there. John's work shows a culmination of experience, fine craftsmanship, and marksmanship excellence of a degree that I could only covet.

Everybody brought their best game. Despite a bunch of (perhaps too many) wind flags, the wind separated the winners from the rest. Volatile, deceptive, and unforgiving; it was exactly the kind of conditions where Danny would have conquered, and Andy did.

For the rest of us, it was a dose of reality. In the real world, true 1MOA guns and shooters make their appearances only fleetingly. That's what this target was designed to prove, and its simplicity is deceptive; just as it should be. The truth can always be found on the target, as Danny once told me.

For myself, I left everything on the target, and by the time things wound down, I had very little left. I, too, felt the absence of many good colleagues. As usual, I also learned something as part of the exercise. I would have broken out of jail to be there. Hell yeah, I'll do it again.

Greg

For 18 shooters, I would have expected a few more comments, if only to say thanks to the organizers. They ran us quite a show.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking we should make this an annual event if there is interest to continue.</div></div>

Count me in.

I usually shoot when I'm not busy but would make sure my schedule is clear if this becomes an annual event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmussack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember a time when two fathers and two sons would attend rifle matches with the fathers proud to see their sons do well.

I was very proud to watch my boy win yesterday.

I only wish it was still the four of us. </div></div>

As we talked about at the shoot in remembrance of Danny - I'd drink a giant shake to that!

Sure miss those days.

He is gone but not forgotten, we break ground tomorrow for the shop.