• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Darwin's Buffalo - 1 , Woman Biker - 0

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    No one needed to tell me twice to respect the Buffalo and their space.

Had she only been wearing her Covid 19 mask...

When you see those beasts in the wild its nothing but raw beast power.

They scared me from the safety of my Honda Pilot.

Well at least she now is certain she is not a "Buffalo Whisperer".

Probably dumb enough to think because she was in the Black Hills and "woke" she would be able to convene with nature.

Last the buffalo was seen it still had her cheap tourist gimmick "Dream Catcher" attached to its horn.

well if the buff didnt fix it, it damn sure was trying. hahahahaaaa.

which gives me an idea.....time to import bison to the cities and turn them loose? the ONLY thing that could have made this better was that buffalo tearing a BLM or antifa riot into a stampede.

no bison? get the ranchers together and get the stampede going toward the rioters. problem solved, problem staying solved.

Open air "zoos" are hard on the idiots.
    Saw a version of this in Yellowstone many years ago.
    Man/picture time vs a Moose.

R

If that had happened in January we could have said she had a 'Buffalo Winter'. :ROFLMAO: 😉 :cool:

Reactions: lash
    She shoulda used her rubber tomahawk on it.

I was just on that road 2 weeks ago.
    Beautiful country.

Watched a guy hop out of his Jeep and approach a bull moose about a month ago up by Grand Lake.
    Distance from moose to Jeep was 30 yds. He closed more than half. Bullwinkle was in 2’ of water in a small creek feeding on willows.
    I yelled at him to get back in his car.
    He said he knew what he was doing

Had 3 kids in the truck I didnt want to witness it or I would have stayed.

BUT, who am I to complain? Stupid decisions about safety are a lot of what pays my bills! 😎

Before reading: Lemme guess, she did something really dumb to piss it off.

After reading: Did she not see all the movies where messing with baby animal makes mama animal very angry? Least it wasn't something with big damn teeth and an appetite for idiot, she can learn from this one.

For those of you visiting the country's National Parks, could you please take along a real-deal, quality camera so we can have decent footage of people being stoopid?
    And this guy...be considerate and get out of the shot, it's not about you.

vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m17s665.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m22s935.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m34s337.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m42s527.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m49s075.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h45m56s495.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m00s063.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m06s663.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m14s287.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m20s964.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m28s674.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m31s550.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m39s780.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m47s624.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h46m55s707.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m03s459.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m08s350.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m16s298.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m23s809.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m29s851.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-14-08h47m38s797.png

Reactions: The D and bunsen27
    Before reading: Lemme guess, she did something really dumb to piss it off.

After reading: Did she not see all the movies where messing with baby animal makes mama animal very angry? Least it wasn't something with big damn teeth and an appetite for idiot, she can learn from this one.

She learned being a street sweeper operator is better than being the broom.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
    This is what you get when everybody only ever has cell phone cameras and nobody has a camera with a real telephoto lens that can let you be right there from hundreds of yards away.

Creeping up slowly and directly towards an animal pretty much says you are a predator coming in for the attack.

Reactions: Mwalex and Maggot
    I've been in that park hundreds of times taking family and friends to look at the fluffy cows.
    A high school buddy of mine nearly shit his pants when a dominant bull came over a hill to run off an interloper.
    It happened about 25 yards from my truck. It was late August.
    I'll just leave this here.

Screenshot_20200814-104439_Chrome.jpg

I saw in news some idiots feeding a black bear PB&J sandwiches in I believe CO. Poor bear, he'll get the appetite and then have to be destroyed because some stupid human thinks it's cute and will be good on twitter, insta-idiot or some other Social media site. Glad to see finally, some wildlife fixing stupid or trying more than humans do to fix stupid.

I was taking a neighbor's small 25 lb dog for a walk and it was all I could do to get the beast to quit pulling me. It was amazing how strong this dog was, little bit 12" legs and looks like a big roly-poly. Now that's a domestic dog that's tiny. Let's go "play" with a Buffalo, Moose or black bear..yeah, makes perfect sense. Just like feeding gators dead chickens on one's lawn makes sense and not expecting Fido to be eaten the next day out taking his morning poop.

No no no

If ArmyJerry was there, that buffalo woulda been on the ground and trussed with a well tied piggin string before the dumb lady from Iowa hit the dang ground.

And then he woulda taken the buffalo’s ammo

Just told my 8 year old about this.

She said “there are a lot of signs that say ‘DO NOT APPROACH WILDLIFE’”.

She then wondered why a grown adult didnt follow a sensible rule, When breaking it can be so dangerous.
    I can see the caption now, 8 year old girl wins game of intelligence with Buffalo lady by a land slide. Lol 😂

Guy I worked with years ago was stationed in Alaska. Said there was a moose that used to hang around the entrance to the base. It rolled two guys in a Volkswagen off the road into the ditch. Also have heard what the guys that run Iditarod fear the most is the moose

@Moe Ron

yep. Scarier than bears, having had brushes with both. Showed the video on Fox to my kid. She said she was glad the lady didn't get terribly hurt. She also laughed that she lost her pants.
    My kid will break rules (sneaks candy if its in the house, even if put way out of sight and her reach, as well as a bag of chips to eat while playing legos in her room). But she knows the kind of rules that kill you vs the kind that just get your butt smacked and TV taken away for a couple days.

used to toss rocks at bears swimming towards us hoping we would abandon our fish stringers on the Talkeetna and Susitna Rivers. Oh to be 21 again

And I am laughing at your description, at least you are from the gene pool. I have had the fortune of meeting a few from the gene puddle. now that's some serious banjo music!

Reactions: Josh1978
    Guy I worked with years ago was stationed in Alaska. Said there was a moose that used to hang around the entrance to the base. It rolled two guys in a Volkswagen off the road into the ditch. Also have heard what the guys that run Iditarod fear the most is the moose
    That's why they are known (to locals) as "Bully-o'-the-Woods"

Powdahound76 Shallow end of the gene pool.
    Can’t take credit for that one. There is a musical group “The Austin Lounge Lizards “.They do hilarious songs and that’s the title of one. They are worth a listen.

I am surprised we did not hear gunfire, as in some dipshit thinking it would be all right to intervene.

@Moe Ron - I have an affinity for quality from Austin.
    Prettiest and sweetest lady I have ever known is from there.

Will give them a listen.

Fix stupid, I'll buy that.

Fix that much stupid, naaah...

However; if someone could sneak a few into the city council chamber during whatever the hell it is....

I say go Buffalo, beat Portland!!!

PS, the bonus gets paid out in Buffalo Chips...

A bit like their sidewalks, but bigger...

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    Back in '06, took a m/c trip to Yellowstone. Was riding past "Ol Faithfull", with a buddy and his wife, rubber-neck'n and all, bull buffalo came down an embankment at full bogie, tail straight-up in the air, head down, dirt/dust boiling, right in front of me and my wife, thought I was going to jack-knife my F'n trailer, because, I had to hit the brakes sooo hard. I think, I'm still pulling leather out my AS*! Kept my eyes peeled from then on. Mac

I think the last time I went to Sturgis was 2009, or 10....... Went thru Custer on the way, had to stop for the buffalo........big animals, do not piss them off........

Darwin's Buffalo - sounds like it ought to be a James McMurtry song. Darwin's Bison doesn't quite fit the meter.

That lady filming it really nailed it. Way to go buffalo!! The coyotes here have learned to hang around the RV parks around daylight during the winter here to dine on "Winter Texan's" yip-yip pets when they let them out unleashed.

Since her jeans were on the buffalo's horn I wonder which hole the horn was in.

• Wow
    Reactions: 10ring'r
    Just got back from Yellowstone where we got to watch one go after a car because they wanted to pass it. Buffalo was in the middle of the lane and the guy got tired of waiting.
    It was awesome fun from our viewpoint.

Im guessing the driver didn’t get the memo that the buffalo owns the road and has right if way at all times.

Reactions: isofahunter
    Just got back from Yellowstone where we got to watch one go after a car because they wanted to pass it. Buffalo was in the middle of the lane and the guy got tired of waiting.
    It was awesome fun from our viewpoint.

Im guessing the driver didn’t get the memo that the buffalo owns the road and has right if way at all times.

Eh, those ones are usually pretty good about moving over if you honk at them.

They really don't like turbo noises. There must be some whistling I can't hear because getting the turbo spooled causes them to jump and run.

They are stupid enough to try and fight a bulldozer at times though. They depend on their size to protect them, zero brainpower.

I'm not clear. Did she stay on the full 8 seconds or not?

Looked like it was her first rodeo so the score was Cowgirl 2 Animal 25 Total 27 Thank God the Buffalo showed effort or else her score would of been much lower.......