• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Daughters first deer.

The AR nut

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
My nine year old got her first deer yesterday, with "her" Black Hole Weaponry barreled 6x45. She made a perfect 80 yard shot, busted the shoulder, blew out the heart, golf ball sized exit, the deer ran about 50 yards and crashed across the creek ( I thought ).

That noise y'all heard about 4:30 yesterday was my daughter screaming and doing a victory dance. We had a little scare when we went to retrieve the deer, and could not find it where I thought it crashed, went back to POI, and trailed it to the creek, and there she was, submerged in the creek. My daughter grabbed both of my hands, and said "this is my best day ever Dad", I think I must have gotten something in my eye
smile.gif

the 85gr BTHP SGK did a great job.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

Re: Daughters first deer.

Glad to see you and your daughter had a great time.

Question: What is on your daughters cheeks? Is that blood?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see you and your daughter had a great time.

Question: What is on your daughters cheeks? Is that blood? </div></div>
Indeed it is. An initiation ritual for her first deer.

Congrats to the young lady. Congrats to you as well. She made a perfect shot!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see you and your daughter had a great time.

Question: What is on your daughters cheeks? Is that blood? </div></div>
Indeed it is. An initiation ritual for her first deer.

Congrats to the young lady. Congrats to you as well. She made a perfect shot!!!! </div></div>

Yep, blood, tried to get her to bite a chunk out of what was left of the heart when she helped me gut it, that was a no-go.

It's great to see parents participating in confidence building activities like hunting. Aside from spending quality time together I'm sure she felt ten feet tall that day. Congratulations to both of you. Well done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome!
Did she have the shades on the whole time? </div></div>

No, that was Mama Bear protecting her cub, she did not want her face on the internet.

very nice and i see she knows my secret to stealth.......( its the boots i wear them to
laugh.gif
)

Great job both of you. Love to see kids getting into the shooting sports.

As for those boots... that's the Sach's 5th ave hello kitty camo patern, right?

Congrats to the little one.

Cheers