• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Day Two.. I think these fuckers are trying to kill me

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
Well, I made some serious progress on yesterday's arrival time, I was in the door promptly at 8:05. They have the nerve to make mention of it to me first thing. After I ate humble pie yesterday and apologized, and then I get this shit?!? Well I wasn't about to have that, so I told them what I thought. Well, that apparently went over like a lead balloon. I didn't get any driving time at all, and ended up having to load trucks all damn day long. All I can say is they better get me back behind the wheel tomorrow or I will be pounding on the Lead's door. I sure in the hell didn't get hired to be loading trucks all day long. I am sore like I have never been in my life. I just got out of an hour long shower spent sobbing and trying to scrub the work off myself. Time to see Shirley at the corner store and stock up on 40z for what is hopefully a better night...

I just thought I would give some of you fellas an update real quick. Have a great night everyone!

Realy? if you want to see what hard work is send me a PM and we will promptly make you so damn tired you wont even take a shower. Dont complain to a crowd that has seen it harder. As of currently I work on Class A,B,C trucks and buses I just got the job and i show up 10 minutes early, and leave 15-30 minutes AFTER I clock out. If you dont want to be in the door before 8 AM then quit the job and let the person who realy needs it have it. Because you sound like one pathetic person. Or you are just putting this shit up to get a rouse out of people and in any case you should get more than you share a screamin at you. Hope they fire your lazy ass and teach you your lesson I have no sympathy for people like you.

you sure live by your signature

One shot because that may be all you get.

Employeers want a punctual and loyal employee espicially if you plan on DELEVERIN LOADS. If there is anything more than seein a husband beat a wife the next is waiting on a driver to bring a load of hay. So what if you were only 5 minutes late, they care because it shows you work ethic and at this point I dont think you have one. My niece works harder than you. Sometimes the lord knocks you down a notch to make you remember where you had to start to be where you are.

Last edited:
You come up the brow 5 , shit, 1 minute late in the Navy that ship is gone. You automatically lose a chevron / stripe(demotion). Get to work on time or find another line of work.

Last edited:
I am with everyone else, and surprised that you said you would set your alarm only a "few" minutes earlier.... seems to me if you were late ONCE, you would be setting your alarm 30 minutes earlier... which is more important, an extra half hour of sleep, or a job?

My old man worked for years as a driver to save up money to buy his own truck, then worked twice as hard to buy his second, and repeated this til he had 6 of them. Dad got tons of business from dock managers that would call 15 minutes after a truck missed its dock time and have us send one out to take the load. Numerous times the original truck would be there trying to get loaded and failing when our guy got there and pulled out with the load. Its not the minutes that matter, its the lack of respect for others in the chain. Over 30 years Dad would be up at 4:30 am and get in at 8:00 pm. He did this normally 7 days a week, 365 days a year. He might take a week off every 5 years. While on that vacation, we would stop at almost every payphone to call to see how things were going ( no cell phones in the 70's ). He maybe had two drivers show up late over the years. Dad hired hard luck cases and reformed drunks. He enjoyed telling people he provided work and wages to support 5 other families besides his own. He would let his drivers earn more than working at other places by paying them to grease and service their own trucks if they wanted the money. He taught himself how to rebuild cat engines to save money. He taught his 14 year old son how to do this also so he could always have a job. He also taught his son that if he caught him working on engines for a living that he would kick my ass then his own for failing to teach me to work smarter than harder. He went months without buying new work boots and years without getting a new used pickup to help put me though college. I got fired from a Hardees when I was 19 for being a few minutes late for work. He laughed at me, called my old boss and told them they did the right thing, then put me to work for him as a shop rat until I could find a new job. Being a former Drill Sgt in the Army, he had me cleaning paint off of steel wheels with a wire toothbrush in 100 degree weather with no shade for 4 weeks before I got a job. He died last year. I loved that man with all my heart. Not for being a buddy, but for being a Father and teaching me right from wrong. I swear at age 72 he still had grease under his nails and imbedded in his callouses on his hands when we had him cremated. Never be late for a job when somebody is willing to give you money for being there.

TW

My old man worked for years as a driver to save up money to buy his own truck, then worked twice as hard to buy his second, and repeated this til he had 6 of them. Dad got tons of business from dock managers that would call 15 minutes after a truck missed its dock time and have us send one out to take the load. Numerous times the original truck would be there trying to get loaded and failing when our guy got there and pulled out with the load. Its not the minutes that matter, its the lack of respect for others in the chain. Over 30 years Dad would be up at 4:30 am and get in at 8:00 pm. He did this normally 7 days a week, 365 days a year. He might take a week off every 5 years. While on that vacation, we would stop at almost every payphone to call to see how things were going ( no cell phones in the 70's ). He maybe had two drivers show up late over the years. Dad hired hard luck cases and reformed drunks. He enjoyed telling people he provided work and wages to support 5 other families besides his own. He would let his drivers earn more than working at other places by paying them to grease and service their own trucks if they wanted the money. He taught himself how to rebuild cat engines to save money. He taught his 14 year old son how to do this also so he could always have a job. He also taught his son that if he caught him working on engines for a living that he would kick my ass then his own for failing to teach me to work smarter than harder. He went months without buying new work boots and years without getting a new used pickup to help put me though college. I got fired from a Hardees when I was 19 for being a few minutes late for work. He laughed at me, called my old boss and told them they did the right thing, then put me to work for him as a shop rat until I could find a new job. Being a former Drill Sgt in the Army, he had me cleaning paint off of steel wheels with a wire toothbrush in 100 degree weather with no shade for 4 weeks before I got a job. He died last year. I loved that man with all my heart. Not for being a buddy, but for being a Father and teaching me right from wrong. I swear at age 72 he still had grease under his nails and imbedded in his callouses on his hands when we had him cremated. Never be late for a job when somebody is willing to give you money for being there.

TW

Thank god there are still some people around who were raised this way! Sorry for your loss.

Realy? if you want to see what hard work is send me a PM and we will promptly make you so damn tired you wont even take a shower. Dont complain to a crowd that has seen it harder. As of currently I work on Class A,B,C trucks and buses I just got the job and i show up 10 minutes early, and leave 15-30 minutes AFTER I clock out. If you dont want to be in the door before 8 AM then quit the job and let the person who realy needs it have it. Because you sound like one pathetic person. Or you are just putting this shit up to get a rouse out of people and in any case you should get more than you share a screamin at you. Hope they fire your lazy ass and teach you your lesson I have no sympathy for people like you.

you sure live by your signature

One shot because that may be all you get.

Employeers want a punctual and loyal employee espicially if you plan on DELEVERIN LOADS. If there is anything more than seein a husband beat a wife the next is waiting on a driver to bring a load of hay. So what if you were only 5 minutes late, they care because it shows you work ethic and at this point I dont think you have one. My niece works harder than you. Sometimes the lord knocks you down a notch to make you remember where you had to start to be where you are.

I mean no offense by this.. but why in the world would you clock out then continue to give someone your time that they are not paying you?

Say there are 250 working days in a year.. 250 days * 15 minutes = 3,750 minutes/year you work for free. 3,750 minutes/60minutes = 62.5 hours free per year.

Free 15 minutes per day:
Minimum Wage: 62.5 hours * $7.25 hourly wage = $453.13.
Average American Income ($51,413, or $25.71 for 8 hours a day for 251 days): 62.5 hours * $25.71 hourly wage = $1,606.88

Free 30 minutes per day:
Minimum Wage: 125 hours * $7.25 hourly wage = $906.25.
Average American Income ($51,413, or $25.60 for 8 hours a day for 251 days): 125 hours * $25.60 hourly wage = $3,213.76

This means that you could possibly be giving up $453.13 to $3,213.76 of pretax dollars to someone.

I understand the idea of being punctual, and find this gentleman to either be completely asinine, an American that takes things for granted, or a complete goofball who is making some stupid jokes that get people fired up, but staying after you clock out it beyond me. Showing up early and making sure you are READY TO WORK at your start time is one thing, but I don't get the working after you clockout thing.If you say you are clocking in and out, it makes me think you're working an hourly paid job rather than a salary job. My philosophy is, that if they want my work, they want to pay me. I am a very hard worker and always have been, but I do not see the point of giving anywhere from 62.5 to 125 free hours to someone. You are an American, and deserve to be paid for the work you are doing. You should be no means be working free extra hours, in my opinion, for someone. This seems an ethics issue to me, or possibly you just trying to go all out for the new job. "No overtime allowed" means that they won't pay it, because you shouldn't work it. If they expect you to work more than 40 hours per week, then I believe it should be a salary job, OR, they should be willing to pay you overtime.

Anyways.. to the OP.. stop being a clown! Get your butt to work on time, or, keep the jokes coming because you seem to be causing a riot to some people here.

***Figures were based off of PA minimum wage, the assumption that there are 250 weekday work days excluding holidays and what not, and a figure that I found quickly on google (I have no idea if this number is correct, or not, but I used it to make a point.)***

Last edited:
My dad always told me " Go to work every day and be there on time. They wouldn't have you on the payroll if they didn't need you."

This was cute the first time but sounds like bullshit now. This jack ass is just pulling your dicks. I was hoping no one would bother to reply.

I mean no offense by this.. but why in the world would you clock out then continue to give someone your time that they are not paying you?

Say there are 250 working days in a year.. 250 days * 15 minutes = 3,750 minutes/year you work for free. 3,750 minutes/60minutes = 62.5 hours free per year.

Free 15 minutes per day:
Minimum Wage: 62.5 hours * $7.25 hourly wage = $453.13.
Average American Income ($51,413, or $25.71 for 8 hours a day for 251 days): 62.5 hours * $25.71 hourly wage = $1,606.88

Free 30 minutes per day:
Minimum Wage: 125 hours * $7.25 hourly wage = $906.25.
Average American Income ($51,413, or $25.60 for 8 hours a day for 251 days): 125 hours * $25.60 hourly wage = $3,213.76

This means that you could possibly be giving up $453.13 to $3,213.76 of pretax dollars to someone.

I understand the idea of being punctual, and find this gentleman to either be completely asinine, an American that takes things for granted, or a complete goofball who is making some stupid jokes that get people fired up, but staying after you clock out it beyond me. Showing up early and making sure you are READY TO WORK at your start time is one thing, but I don't get the working after you clockout thing.If you say you are clocking in and out, it makes me think you're working an hourly paid job rather than a salary job. My philosophy is, that if they want my work, they want to pay me. I am a very hard worker and always have been, but I do not see the point of giving anywhere from 62.5 to 125 free hours to someone. You are an American, and deserve to be paid for the work you are doing. You should be no means be working free extra hours, in my opinion, for someone. This seems an ethics issue to me, or possibly you just trying to go all out for the new job. "No overtime allowed" means that they won't pay it, because you shouldn't work it. If they expect you to work more than 40 hours per week, then I believe it should be a salary job, OR, they should be willing to pay you overtime.

Anyways.. to the OP.. stop being a clown! Get your butt to work on time, or, keep the jokes coming because you seem to be causing a riot to some people here.

***Figures were based off of PA minimum wage, the assumption that there are 250 weekday work days excluding holidays and what not, and a figure that I found quickly on google (I have no idea if this number is correct, or not, but I used it to make a point.)***

I guess I should ad I just got the job two months ago, and have a 3 month probation and it company policy to not work overtime when you are on probation. I have one other guy I am competeting with so I will be more than happy to show that I am willing work after my eight hour day rather than high tail it out the door at 5:00pm... But Im just adding it because great work ethic goes a long ways...

This was cute the first time but sounds like bullshit now. This jack ass is just pulling your dicks. I was hoping no one would bother to reply.

I agree. But I am happy to see most of my fellow shooters are not the worthless shits that expect handouts. Those people are dragging everyone down

Sent from my POS phone using Tapatalk 2

That is along the lines of what I was thinking about both threads. Sounds like Gaslight is just trying to push some buttons and get a rise out of us.

Yeah, knowing what little I do know, I'm leaning towards the "Ya'll are getting your chain yanked, and showing your ass at the same time" tangent.

HA.

I think some people need to read the sign on the door before they enter Maggie's Drawers Bar & Grill.

Gaslight, next time I am in Bozeman I will buy you a beer if you can afford to take a few extra minutes during your lunch break.

well, if it is bullshit, Ive just have one more practice in for what I'm gonna tell my kid in a couple of years when he asks why I'm not cool like all the other parents.

TW

PS: Since Dad was a Pack Rat also, many of those former drivers have come up to the old shop and helped us clean up everything and start to sell off the hidden treasures he collected over the years. We have tried to pay them for their time and efforts but they all refuse to accept a dime. I guess he rubbed off on them also.

Last edited:
The oilfield saying goes if your not 10 min early, your 20 min late. Keep letting your employer know that you don't care for policy or formal rules and see how far it gets you.

I rely dislike people like you..

I'm 37yo and for the last 7 years I have been killing my self to build my own business. I have sacrificed more than you can comprehend. I started cutting lawn's when I was 11 and have been working ever sense. If some one like you was not at the job 5 min before his expected time. I would tell him to go home I don't need your kind of help.

YOU SHOW UP LATE! SLEEP THROUGH SAFETY VIDEOS! why? because you obviously know it all your lucky you get to do the shit jobs..

people like you don't last in my line of work any way. I would send you home crying like a baby if you made it past lunch

Houston we have a blow out in damper 3. We have lost cabin pressure and are losing altitude. The waist gunners have punched out, the tailgunner is drunk and that fucker Gaslight is 5 minutes late for work again. Clear emergency approach for runway 5 Right and save me a seat at the bar.

Hkq3c.gif

I really appreciate all the life lessons and advice. What I am not hearing from y'all is all the times when the 'man' went bankrupt before they had to pay out pensions. Or how you put in 23.5 years with 'XYZ company' and as a thanks they give you a pink slip and a watch, while they hire someone younger and smarter who will work for less. You want me to sell out, and break my back on the chance that one day they will be there for me? When it comes to the bottom line, it ain't gonna be me that's left standing... whether I show up early to throw out my back or not. Maybe its just the 40z talking, but like I already said, I will be setting my alarm a little earlier, and make a better effort in the morning.

Sounds like you're in some form of trucking, I haven't been able to figure out quite exactly what type of trucking you're in but let me fill you in from my experience as a truck driver and now O/O in the excavation trucking scene. Most advice goes for all trucking.

1. It's always the Truck Driver's fault.
2. As a truck driver, you always start out "in the hole"
3. Sometimes job title "Truck Driver" means loading and unloading trucks, shoveling, helping fix broken equipment, etc...
4. Being on time is important, people above you do strange things like "plan", and when people plan on you being to work on time, it sure as hell helps if you are on time, they are after all paying you or your employer, who in turn pays you.
5. Did I mention that it's always that god damned stupid fucking truck drivers fault?!!

Dude, just go in and tell them you quit there is no reason to put up with that abuse. Especially when our beloved president will make sure you are taken care of. Go on welfare, food stamps and just kick back you earned it. (just like everyone else in this country)

This shit is hilarious, you sir are here by awarded the "king of shit starting". But please stop before you give one of these guys a hear attack!

We need to start a pool and fill in the blocks ... day/date, and AM/PM for when, and maybe sides on him/them/mutual?

You've put in nearly 3 full days, time to fake a slip and fall and go on workers comp for a while. You deserve a break.

Stay strong, don't let the man get you down. If you need some cash to get by until the lawsuit you'll be filing settles then I'd suggest this little pawn shop I know of called Deboners Pawn or something like that.....it's next to a tattoo shop, you likely know the place.

We need to start a pool and fill in the blocks ... day/date, and AM/PM for when, and maybe sides on him/them/mutual?

Or....we put the OP in the pool and then fill it with the blocks. Then he has a good excuse for being late for the rest of his life. Just sayin.....

Stay strong, don't let the man get you down. If you need some cash to get by until the lawsuit you'll be filing settles then I'd suggest this little pawn shop I know of called Deboners Pawn or something like that.....it's next to a tattoo shop, you likely know the place.

Was that the name of the place? I thought it was next to a strip club......