• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Daytona 500 Weekend

Re: Daytona 500 Weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneteam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Montoya hitting the jet dryer...priceless! </div></div>

Yes is was..

Hello, Mr. Jet dryer. MY name is Juan Pablo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die.

421585_10150636901273187_699068186_9101999_218929337_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I napped during the red flag and then hung in til the end.
Will Chad K lose his hard card today?
</div></div>

Anxiously awaiting that call.

Team Roush all the way in this house, and they looked good at the end...three in the top ten with a winner, not too damn bad for an opener. I am looking forward to the sound of motors in this house once again. Rounderound, road racing, drag racing, and maybe by Spring a street sign pole for my new street sign...THUNDR Alley(long curving driveway)

I gave up on Napcar a long time ago. It seems like the more I hear how the officials try to fix the cars, the worse the competition gets. If they are so concerned with competition and costs, give them showroom cars to go out and race.

I saw the Patrick in car video too, priceless. If she is going to keep pulling that stunt, she should hookup with Hasselhoff and drive for Knight Industries.

kitt-20070403025803441.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...And those repeated in-car clips of Danica riding the thunder with her hands up in the air...; priceless! Danica (jump to quick shot of crossed green arms...) Patrick; that image will be with me always! Lovely looking and genuinely talented; but she still has a lot of work cut out for her.</div></div>

jesus-take-the-wheel-a3b721.jpg

In Danica's defense, Jimmy Johnson did the exact same thing during his Lap 2 crash. Drivers let go of the wheel to protect themselves when hitting the wall is a foregone conclusion; I imagine doing 150mph+ into a barrier might snap that steering wheel around with great force, breaking wrists and/or arms should you still be trying to control it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...And those repeated in-car clips of Danica riding the thunder with her hands up in the air...; priceless! Danica (jump to quick shot of crossed green arms...) Patrick; that image will be with me always! Lovely looking and genuinely talented; but she still has a lot of work cut out for her.</div></div>

jesus-take-the-wheel-a3b721.jpg

In Danica's defense, Jimmy Johnson did the exact same thing during his Lap 2 crash. Drivers let go of the wheel to protect themselves when hitting the wall is a foregone conclusion; I imagine doing 150mph+ into a barrier might snap that steering wheel around with great force, breaking wrists and/or arms should you still be trying to control it. </div></div>

Right on. Have you ever seen the wheel covers on sprint cars that keep the driver from gripping the wheel so that in a crash it doesn't break or tear something off?

Yes; I understand the principle behind the 'Danica Maneuver', and recognize that there is true wisdom behind it. I think Jimmie and other NASCAR drivers do well to copy it.

But the image...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes; I understand the principle behind the 'Danica Maneuver', and recognize that there is true wisdom behind it. I think Jimmie and other NASCAR drivers do well to copy it.

But the image...

Greg </div></div>

This may not be your intent Greg but good hell it is not the "Danica Maneuver".....it is a simple principle that has been practiced by drivers for a very long time. Noone, I repeat NOONE is copying Danica, they are simply following long standing driver training in the event of crashes.

As a matter of fact any driver worth their salt would do well to avoid doing anything Danica does, because without the requisite Tits and Ass they would be looking for work with her record of accomplishment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As a matter of fact any driver worth their salt would do well to avoid doing anything Danica does, because without the requisite Tits and Ass they would be looking for work with her record <span style="text-decoration: line-through">of accomplishment</span>.

</div></div>

Fixed that for ya.

Too bad NASCAR's golden boy will have a hard time keeping up with Go Daddy's Girl. Danica will probably place higher than Jr. in her remaining nine races and the haters will continue to hate. Indy and F1 are leaps and bounds more technical than NASCAR. If the guys will stop wrecking her in fear of her winning she will do just that. Nextel races will tell the tale of her ability. Qualifying 1st is more than enough to put her right up there with Jr. He sucks and nobody gets bent b/c of it. Give the girl a chance.

Danica is good for NASCAR.

That said, one victory in seven IRL seasons ain't exactly screaming "next Sprint Cup Champion".

I never intended to come across as a Danica Hater. Personally, I like the idea of including competent women in the sport; for the competency, and not for the gender. For the record, I think the emphasis on the gender bit gets overdone, and could be inappropriate.

To me, she's another driver; with the same degree of unique appeal as any other. Her track record is at least as good as any other newcomer. I personally applaud the lattitude her team's ownership is extending to her; it reflects well on them.

If they can do it for Junior, they can do it for her too. Personally, I think it's 'Do it or go home' time for Junior this year. Samesame for Danica.

Like Smokshwn, I believe she's very good for the sport; and the attention her in-car coverage gets shows some interesting moves.

Interesting, just that.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hi Speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad NASCAR's golden boy will have a hard time keeping up with Go Daddy's Girl. Danica will probably place higher than Jr. in her remaining nine races and the haters will continue to hate. Indy and F1 are leaps and bounds more technical than NASCAR. If the guys will stop wrecking her in fear of her winning she will do just that. Nextel races will tell the tale of her ability. Qualifying 1st is more than enough to put her right up there with Jr. He sucks and nobody gets bent b/c of it. Give the girl a chance. </div></div>

More technical? Well technology takes the skill aspect away some. Takes skill to drive heavy hunks of metal at close to 200 mph that doesn't want to turn on a dime, and factor in draft & down-force ect caused by the areo dynamics of your car and other cars behind, beside or in-front of you, all of that gets technical and takes skill.

F1 and Indy is all about the technology and equipment. Best equipment always wins. Nascar is about Drivers and teams who know what to do with their equipment 50% Car 50% Driver. Driver is a factor in F1 and Indy, but I have to say the Driver is more of a factor in Nascar. Ask Tony Stewart about the skill it takes in Nascar Vs Indy. He has said Nascar driving is more demanding.