• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos DD ROSS SNIPER IN 30-06 0.25 MOA!!!

BEARTACTICAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
I just completed the breakin on this new rifle and thought that I would go with a 30-06 not so much to be different or retro but to use the extra power of the 06 to get some extra range. This has a Remington action, McMillan A5 stock, Douglas barrel (25 inch), DD Ross bolt handle, DD Ross bottom metal, DD Ross bolt release and DD Ross base. It is topped with Badger Max 50 rings and will soon sport a US Optics SSDS but has a Leupold 3.5-10x40mm FFP MK4.

Re: DD ROSS SNIPER IN 30-06 0.25 MOA!!!

WOW ,nice one there . And a nice caliber to. i have a Spr M1903 USMC copy,with Unertl 8x. Have fun with Yours
smile.gif

Very cool, put it in the Tactical -06 thread!

Nice! My 30-06 has a Douglas #7 1/10 bbl, and has been a great shooter too.

What load are you shooting through it?

I just took her out to the Ohio Tactical Officers Association conference and put her on the DD Ross table. I received a lot of positive comments from the SWAT officers on it. Most were impressed that I had it built in 30-06 instead of the ever popular 308.

Wow, I am still a sucker for the ol 06..That is a great looking gun..How does she shoot??

I'm still a sucker for the '06 as well. Got several of em that I still "play with". That is a fine looking rifle in a grand ole cartridge/chambering.

Nice rifle. It is a copy of the one I had him build for me.
Dan did not like the 25 inch barrel idea but I insisted.
Last weekend I shot 10 handloads in a hole the size of a dime at 100 yards.
How long did it take to complete?

The rifle took about two months for him to complete and only because I was there with him when he did it. It is good to be only 15 minutes away from Dan and his magical shop.

Oh yea, and now there is a USO SSDS topping the rifle and a set of DD Ross rings to make it complete.

pictures of targets?
smile.gif